GA or nothing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OffAxis

Acrobat
Is there anyone else who feels this way? For me I would rather not go to the show than have to sit in a seat far from the stage. I could have gone to the first San Jose show for face value upper level ticket and I could afford it, but I didn't want to do it. For me, it's GA or nothing. It's not even being spoiled, it's the insane jealousy I feel when seeing other people that much closer than me. I saw my first Elevation gig from the nosebleeds and swore I'd never see U2 from that far again. I don't even think I could handle lower level.

That's exactly what happened to me at Popmart/Elevation, when I stupidly let other people book the tix. :mad: I'm definately a GA man, tho I'm pretty sure I would still like to see the band even if it was nosebleeds to be honest. I just know I'd be kicking myself afterwards for not being there.

I get what you're saying tho', I hated every single person on the floor at those two venues LOL

But you won't get the full effect of the light curtains and such with GAs. And U2 really plays to the back row, you feel like you're a part of the show no matter where you are...plus with arenas it's really not that bad, I mean you can clearly see who is who no matter where you are, stadiums I'm not so sure about.

I personally will go to a show any way I can, if I can't get GAs I'm happy to just be able to go... however I do have GAs for Cleveland and I am über-excited about that!!

id rather see the show from far away rather than not be there at all, but i agree the GA experience enhances the concert greatly

and its not just being able to see the show close, its everything thats involved with it. ive met a ton of really cool people and had a lot of fun just waiting in line all day. when you do GA its more than just going to a concert, its an experience.

and when you are along the rail you really do feel more like you are part of the concert than just watching it :drool:

Thats not me at all,
I don't care at all where I sit.
I'm the the same exact arena as BONO.
& i'm talking about the bono.
I dont give a :censored: where I sit if I get to hear them live.

End of last tour I felt this way, too. However after waiting 4 years to see them again I didn't mind starting out with seats (and far away MSG seats at that). My new mantra is that when seeing multiple shows, start with seats, end with GA's. Going from GA's to seats is kind of a letdown. Though with the new GA lottery system (please no lottery third leg, please no lottery third leg...) I might feel different as on my GA Elevation shows I knew my long wait would end in heart access.

Never mind the whole price issue...$95 for upper decks??? That's terrible. GA's or nothing, I will travel to a different show. Not like they ever come where I live anyway.

Stadiums...forget GA. Good lowers.

:hmm: I don't think I'd say all or nothing, and I am thinking about going to one 3rd leg show w/ seats to see the light show... But I do kinda feel that way. The thing is for me being in GA, it's almost like being at a club show. Kinda surreal....but quite nice.

I've been to two U2 shows ever - one seated and one GA. My next paycheck/unexpected summer tuition rebate is paying for a total of 9 more GA tickets (4 for myself) so I guess you can say I'm hooked. :huh: For one show I have two GAs and no partner so I may trade for one good seat since my one other seat experience was rear stage, but I might just do GA and try the back-of-the-floor experience too (and it will be an early Christmas when I find another fan who still needs my extra GA ticket).

Chizip said:
id rather see the show from far away rather than not be there at all, but i agree the GA experience enhances the concert greatly
and its not just being able to see the show close, its everything thats involved with it. ive met a ton of really cool people and had a lot of fun just waiting in line all day. when you do GA its more than just going to a concert, its an experience. and when you are along the rail you really do feel more like you are part of the concert than just watching it :drool:

My husband had asked me the same question prior to the tour starting. I swore GA or nothing. But as the show neared and I didn't have a ticket, I thought it over and felt I'd rather be there than sitting home knowing what I missed out on. Ended up with GA for Anaheim 2 (day of show), seated for L.A.1 (thru pre-sale, across the arena mid-section) and then GA for L.A.2 (ebay). After the GA experience and being relatively close (about 4-5 deep on outer rail - closest I've been), I find it difficult to go back to seats. There's nothing like it - and if you haven't been there... :drool:

BTW - LivLuvAndBootlegMusic - you have an extra GA ticket? Do you happen to be in L.A.? :hmm: I still need tix for both 3rd leg LA shows...

I'll have to get back to you after conducting my own personal research. :wink:
I have 112 seats for MSG 11/21 & GAs for Charlotte in December. :drool: I believe each experience will be stupendous on its own merit. Problem is, as I see it, I'll never truly know which is better unless I manage to experience the same band in the same venue in different seating areas.

:hmm: Wonder if I can score 11/22 MSG GA's for less than a month's salary while in Manhattan on 11/21?? Yeah :eyebrow: -- and monkeys might fly out my butt!! :der: :lol:

Last edited:
neutral said:
The thing is for me being in GA, it's almost like being at a club show. Kinda surreal....but quite nice.

This is exactly how I feel. I see so many club shows these days that being far away in these big venues feels so disconnected for me. I figure the tour's subsequent video will let me see the light show. I was front row inside the ellipse in San Jose and I could have cared less about the lights. ;)

I have seats for Cardiff. I had seats on the last tour too. I prefer it really, just for the fact that I dont have to queue up for up to 6 hours before the gig is due to start!:wink:

:eyebrow:

My first U2 show will be Barcelona August 7. I have been waiting for this since 1985.

Something, a little chance, a tiny seat at the back is far much better than nothing, wouldn't you agree?

:hyper: ohmygodonlyfortyfourdaysstogoicantwaittogettomyseatandwatchthemplay :faint:

I love GA, but not 100% sold on it. Unless you're within 2 or 3 people of the railing, it's very difficult to see the band playing (unless you're 6'5"). A lot of work and effort goes into it like waiting all day, standiing for 2 hrs until the band comes out, etc. And you don't get to see the entire light and visual aspect of the concert. It was fun, don't get me wrong, and it was an experience every U2 fan should have. But now that I've done it, I'd be perfectly happy to show up at showtime to my personal reserved seat. Bottom line, if you get GA's at face, best deal ever. But if you have to pay reserved face value or more for GA's, forget it.

I just got a GA for Pittsburgh. Wondering what time I need to get there, as I have a 3 hr drive from the Cleveland area. My Elevation GA was wonderful...free ticket from a radio station, got into the heart. I don't think anything will ever come close, it was my 1st U2 concert. If I don't get a) into the ellipse or b) up close to the rail, I'm going to take the advice I've read here and go back by the sound boards. Although it will kill me to be so far away. You can't see anything from there, can you? Except for the screens I mean.

Aardvark747 said:
I have seats for Cardiff. I had seats on the last tour too. I prefer it really, just for the fact that I dont have to queue up for up to 6 hours before the gig is due to start!:wink:

6? Try 30! :crack:

AtomicBono said:
however I do have GAs for Cleveland and I am über-excited about that!!

You wouldn't by any chance wanna trade those for a couple front-row uppers would ya??? :wink:

I'll take the seat.

I've been up close for Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, and Conspiracy of Hope. I know what they all look like so I don't feel the need to be close anymore.

I guess I'm getting a little older and would rather go to the show at a decent hour instead of waiting in line all day and then having to listen to some crap band that I've never heard of before U2 hits the stage.

The mass-of-people GA thing was fun in my youth, but I need a place to sit these days. I was in the upper level for both Denver shows and wasn't jealous of the GA folks one bit. Never felt "too faraway" and had a great view of the light show on Denver II.

But, for those that love the GA...all the power to you!

Back
Top Bottom