GA line when its cooold outside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misugo

Babyface
just a general question - when it's winter and freezing outside, does every one still line up at like 3am to get a good spot? or is it more like - show up a few hours before the doors open? waiting all day was fine in warm weather, but in winter? and either way, what do you do with all your stuff (coats, scarves, hats etc) once you get inside an on the floor?

i'm real short, so being in GA and not being able to get up front (read - able to see), either in or outside the elipse, isn't worth it to me. even though i'd prefer them. i'm trying to locate GAs for november shows but having second thoughts for these reasons.

any advice?

thanks much

-misugo

Yeah, I'm wondering how to go about it myself as I have GA for NYC on 11/22 and Boston 12/5. I've done GA several times before, so I know how it works, but never in cold weather. Neither venue is a "throw stuff in the car" kinda venue so I'm trying to work through the personal logistics of a coat, etc. Hoping NY has a warmish spell that day <g>, have no clue what I will do about Boston (I know you get a number in the morning and don't need to line up til 5pm but for that hour or so, and after the show, you still need a coat...).

A friend suggested to me to get a really cheap throwaway coat from Goodwill and, erm, throw it away :p before going in. Would work for me in Boston as my hotel will only be a couple of blocks away, but not in NYC - have to walk five blocks and wait for a bus after the show! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom