ga line ups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgerulz

Acrobat
hey, what the feeling about someone waiting in line all night and day and then around 5:30pm their buddy who had to work comes in line with them? is that all right? my pregnant wife can't wait with me and my friend can't get off work. i don't want to step on any toes. thanks.

hey edgerulz,

On Monday, I was in the GA line for the entire day (37th in line, so right from the start), and I very politely went up to the three or four groups behind me and asked if it was ok for my girlfriend to come after work. Everyone was very nice (and by the way, if anyone reading this is from those groups, I can't tell you how grateful I am -- thank you so much!), but make sure you are honest and upfront early on. If they see that you are willing to suffer all day in line and don't take a zillion breaks, I'm sure they'll be ok with at least your wife coming in line -- especially if she's pregnant. Getting two others in line could be tough though...but again, just be honest -- maybe even offer to buy them coffee or snacks throughout the day, or try to offer help when you can (ie if it's raining and someone doesn't have an umbrella, etc).

I can tell you this though -- there was a large group of people in front of me who switched on and off all day (maybe 2 or 3 hours each) and when they came back to the line at about 5:30, the people behind me (the same ones I asked) were not happy and actually got a chunk of the group sent to the back (mind you, I think the people that got sent back were not there at all until 5:30, so it was just). However, you certainly could ruffle some feathers if you don't ask first.

Good luck -- enjoy the show!

I think you may piss some people off. If your wife is pregnant then she shouldn’t want to be pushed against the rail or in a crushed situation. As for your friend who can’t get time off – No such thing as can’t.

The pregnant wife is one thing, but holding two spots, one for a friend who won't get time off, is probably not a good idea. In Pittsburgh I remember 2-3 guys asking about saving spots for pregnant wives, and I don't think it became a problem b/c we told them to ask those around them, it wasn't our call. Saving spots for friends is different though. I take a lot of time off to attend U2 shows GA, so it's not fair to let people in the front of the line b/c they can't/don't want to. It's up to the people around you, but if you asked me, I'd say sorry.

it's only one spot. the friend is taking my wifes ga, she is taking his seat, but he got the ga now and it's not looking good for him getting out of work. i guess we'll just have to see what happens. thanks for the input y'all. :)

Back
Top Bottom