GA line - U2.com question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ffgnrff

Babyface
I have GA tickets for one of the shows, but I purchased them through the general sale.

If I join U2.com at this point, will I be able to use the U2.com member line? how exactly do they identify you as a member?

they have been IDing people with the keychain/member ID and print-outs of your membership page from u2.com along with a form of ID ... it is unclear whether there is a deadline to join u2.com ... they have no specified that.

If the show did not have a pre-sale, you could use your membership to get in the U2.com line. If it did, you're out of luck.

Honestly, if you've got GA and you don't get into the Ellipse, it's better to show up when the doors open.

lancerla said:
Honestly, if you've got GA and you don't get into the Ellipse, it's better to show up when the doors open.

Why is that? To hang at the back of the floor??????

Theedge555 said:

You'll be about 4 rows back if you go when they open the doors - that's what is being reported.

Theedge555 said:

I waited 7 hours on Friday and if I hadn't gotten into the Ellipse, I would have been 4 rows back from the Ellipse rail. On Saturday I walked in at 8 and could have been 6-7 rows back.

Heh, here's hoping mine beeps then.........otherwise, lots of hours for naught.

I think it's worth it to hang around for the day ... meet all the fans in the GA line ... and (if you don't get into the ellipse) at least be guaranteed a spot on the rail.

njelevation06 said:
they have been IDing people with the keychain/member ID and print-outs of your membership page from u2.com along with a form of ID ... it is unclear whether there is a deadline to join u2.com ... they have no specified that.

Are they iding EVERYONE with GA tickets (including those with the W-Fan code) or just those with plain GA tickets at venues where there was no presale?

QUESTION: If I am a member of U2.com and I want to go in the ellipse however, my friend is with me who isnt a member, what happens then? Can he get through on my membership so we can stay together? Or do we have to line-up seperately and hope for the best?

Back
Top Bottom