GA for Stadium shows... Europe and South America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
some people here are scared because they know about the ticket lottery for the ellipse, but they think it'll happen the same for the outdoor stage... because there's a rail a few feet away from the b-stages, and here they're worried of VIPs or contest winners being there...

and everytime I've told them that is "come early, you'll be up front", but still... everyone here are so McFly (chicken) for their things...

I'm not scared about that, but just to be sure, can you ecplain how to get in the front for the outdoor show that U2 will bring here?.. thanks

For the Croke Park and Paris shows, you just showed up early. We cam at around 2pm and got into the front no problem. I'd say if fills up for at least an hour after the gates open before they stop letting people in.

The stadium shows have been first come, first served.

usually they block off the first 10 feet from all the rails for VIP's

In Mexico it's really going to get crazy people are already planning of camping out days before the concert.. so I'll will probably try to get reserved tickets for Mexico City and GA for Monterrey

It was first come first served in Manchester, London, Glasgow, Dublin and Cardiff. I'm sure it will be the same for the rest of the stadium shows.

In Zurich, it was the same.
About 4000 thousands people being the "first" I think (maybe slightly less, but still a lot of people). That means they cut the 1st quarter of the stadium (from the stage) with barriers, and they let you enter just if you are in the "1st". Then we got a stamp, and could go out of this zone freely.
If you are in this area, you are sure to be no more than ~10meters from the main stage or from one of the B-stage.
I arrived at 3pm (door opening), and was still 1st row on Adam's B-stage, so no need to show up that early (at least there).

in brussels there were two different kind of ga tickets. One for the front section and one for the rest (the first section was about 20 euro more.). In amsterdam it was like in most countries first come first served. The vip ticket holders did get access to the front section but were let in later than the first people who waited all day long so i think most rail spot were taken by people who got there early (Me!!)

Chizip said:
usually they block off the first 10 feet from all the rails for VIP's

No they didnt!

If you manage to get in the first 50 through any of the GA gates you should get somewhere on the runways bearing in mind there are 2 B stages.

Good Luck!!!

tryan101 said:
So it sounds like a bad idea to take kids into GA then? Maybe only if you can get rail space? How much higher is the stage if you're at the rail?

The stages and run ways are very high compared to the indoor legs but I took my 8 year old daughter GA in Madrid which was crazy, but we stood to the side and she ended up backstage!!

She had an amzing time!!

Bono's Tart said:

The stages and run ways are very high compared to the indoor legs but I took my 8 year old daughter GA in Madrid which was crazy, but we stood to the side and she ended up backstage!!

She had an amzing time!!

Was there room enough that she could see from the side or was it really really crowded? Did you see many other kids? I hope you ended up backstage too!

Maybe we'll play the "my son was onstage with Bono in Seattle" card in hopes of getting a similar invite.

ok, someone in a forum here, said he called the producers of the show (DG Medios), and they said that in petition of the band, the INNER CIRCLE will have a lottery to determine who goes in or doesn't... :S

WHAT THE HELL IT'S GOING ON!!!!!!!!!! :scream:

can someone assure me that there's NO lottery for the outdoor shows?... how can it be... it's not closed... :sad:

TripThroughWire said:
Maybe they were not satisfied with the stage they had in Europe, and will have a new one for the 4th leg ?
A new one will be too expensive... All the steel is custom made, production is rented...

Maybe small things such as the lights allong the catwalks and new video material... But the foundation will be the same...

Neilz said:

A new one will be too expensive... All the steel is custom made, production is rented...

Maybe small things such as the lights allong the catwalks and new video material... But the foundation will be the same...

They could change just the catwalk and close it, that wouldn't be to demanding ...

But I agree it's improbable ...

pepokiss said:
some people here are scared because they know about the ticket lottery for the ellipse, but they think it'll happen the same for the outdoor stage... because there's a rail a few feet away from the b-stages, and here they're worried of VIPs or contest winners being there...

and everytime I've told them that is "come early, you'll be up front", but still... everyone here are so McFly (chicken) for their things...

I'm not scared about that, but just to be sure, can you ecplain how to get in the front for the outdoor show that U2 will bring here?.. thanks

the one thing that has me in particular spooked is that after the tickets went on sale for the brisbane show and had sold out, the venue put "front GA" tickets on sale, 300 dollars each, garenteed entry into the "elipse" which i take to be the front section :huh:

so yeah thats got me a little worried, it wont fill up the whole front section though and im sure if i line up the night before ill get a rail spot :wink:

Back
Top Bottom