GA Fan Club Verification at Venue??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BWU2Buffs

War Child
Now that the next US leg is quickly approaching, I have some ticket opportunities -- does anyone know if they are checking you for your Fan Club verification as you enter the venue? Some tix I could buy are GA - Fan Club pre-sale and I don't want to get burned / turned away if I buy them since I'm not a fan club member.

That said, I dont' really care if I get in the bomb shelter that much -- outside or inside is fine by me.

Thoughts? Experience during first US leg?

Thanks for helping.

During the 1st let, the only time there was any fanclub verification was when you wanted to get in the fanclub line but only had a regular GA ticket.

Anyone with a fanclub GA ticket could get in the fanclub line, no other proof necesary.

right...other shows they check again sometimes before the line goes in, but with the U2.com fiasco (prop members and many others not even having U2.com cards!) they just check printouts of your profile and your ticket. It's pretty stupid, and for this reason the fanclub GA line is usually the same length as the non-fanclub line. The only show where this ever made a difference (that I attended) was in NJ, where the fanclub line actually went in first.

I was at Chicago 4, and they just looked at the ticket. Fanclub line was considerably shorter, and although both lines moved at the same time, the fanclub line was totally in by the time 1/10th of regular GA was in.

I was fortunate enough to get in the bomb shelter, but even if my ticket hadn't scanned Vertigo we would have had incredible position outside the ellipse.

Back
Top Bottom