Funny Amusing Stuff that you have seen in any GA line?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In Chicago when they were filming the crowd for the DVD some real geek U2 fans put on a real sad display of singing Vertigo to the Camera they looked like they were putting on a broadway play. They butchered the song 3 times before they all finally remembered the lyrics. Keep in mind they were singing one line each and then jumbing out of the camera view then another geek would jump in and say another line. We had been in line since 4:00 am and had had about enough. My friend yelled out at them while they were singing and being filmed "YOUR MAKING ME HATE THIS BAND!" Wonder if that will be on the DVD? Probably not.

govikesU2 said:
In Chicago when they were filming the crowd for the DVD some real geek U2 fans put on a real sad display of singing Vertigo to the Camera they looked like they were putting on a broadway play.

This is true. I took no part in it! I hate singing or being on camera anyway.

photo7.jpg

I think a bunch of groups did it, and I heard one girl say of the group pictured above, "I bet we'll get on it, b/c our group is the most racially diverse." We'll see....

'We kindly ask that you do not Barbecue whilst waiting in line'.

They broadcast it over the loudspeaker because some guys had brought a portable BBQ with them and were roasting chicken. Quite a few people around me, including myself, found it real funny.

govikesU2 said:
In Chicago when they were filming the crowd for the DVD some real geek U2 fans put on a real sad display of singing Vertigo to the Camera they looked like they were putting on a broadway play. They butchered the song 3 times before they all finally remembered the lyrics. Keep in mind they were singing one line each and then jumbing out of the camera view then another geek would jump in and say another line. We had been in line since 4:00 am and had had about enough. My friend yelled out at them while they were singing and being filmed "YOUR MAKING ME HATE THIS BAND!" Wonder if that will be on the DVD? Probably not.

i remember that! and i also slept under that tree in the photo for the first concert in chicago :slant:

whoever was in charge of that Chicago GA line did a hell of a job

beau2ifulday said:

They broadcast it over the loudspeaker because some guys had brought a portable BBQ with them and were roasting chicken. Quite a few people around me, including myself, found it real funny.

Do they really care? I was planning on bringing m Coleman along to boil some Ramen or fry up some pancakes or something...

Please help locate New Orleans U2 fan

Does any anyone recognize the guy with the black t - shirt on ? He is a friend of mine from New Orleans and I have not been able to get in touch with him since the Hurricane. His name is Brett Emmanuel.
As we look at the picture he is to the left of the man with long hair and the gray jacket on, with the blue background of the tent behind him.
Any help would be appreciated. I just want to know that he is o.k.

Re: Please help locate New Orleans U2 fan

Wildhorsesbaby said:
Does any anyone recognize the guy with the black t - shirt on ? He is a friend of mine from New Orleans and I have not been able to get in touch with him since the Hurricane. His name is Brett Emmanuel.
As we look at the picture he is to the left of the man with long hair and the gray jacket on, with the blue background of the tent behind him.
Any help would be appreciated. I just want to know that he is o.k.

:( Sorry, the only one I really got to know was the lady on the far right. She and her daughter came all the way from Chile for that concert (and they got to be in the ellipse, I was so happy for them).

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Do they really care? I was planning on bringing m Coleman along to boil some Ramen or fry up some pancakes or something...
in Chicago they dont care

Chizip said:
whoever was in charge of that Chicago GA line did a hell of a job

That was me.:wink: for May 9. There was confusion galore at 3:30 p.m. that day but it was all said and done at 5:30 p.m. I thought it was funny that the dude in the Fan Club GA line got arrested for yelling vulgar language. The DVD crew filmed that incident so that might be in the DVD extras.:wink: :drool:

Another funny moment was the night before the last Boston show. Some bum(yes bums are attracted to me for some reason) come up to me started a conversation found out that I was a History Major so he would yell out in the GA line randomly and calling me History Major. I was scared but I thought it was also funny that he invited everyone in the GA line to his condo a few blocks down from the Fleet Center(now TD Bank Garden) . Never heard of a bum inviting anyone to his condo but he got distracted (I assume talking to himself) and I ran off in the dark near the loading dock so I could get away from that creep. He was disappointed but I coming back immediately after he left the GA line area was a sign of relief.

Super Fan! I've been looking for you...

I saw your "Ninja's Killed" guy two weeks ago!! I was driving down U St. in DC & saw him walking down the side of the road. Sitting prominently on top of his shopping cart was the sign! After reading, "Ninja's Killed My," I flipped out! Drove by too fast to see what the rest of the sign said.

Anyway, I thought you'd be amused that he's got the same sign! I'm guessing that you saw him in DC, too...? Otherwise, those ninjas must also run a bus service...:wink:

Super_Fan said:
Funny Amusing Stuff that you have seen in any GA line?

People cheering every time someone came out of the porta-loo in Dublin :huh:

And in two whole (separate) days of queuing on my own not one person wanted to start a conversation with me :( ... oh wait thats not funny, thats rude :|

Utoo said:
Super Fan! I've been looking for you...

I saw your "Ninja's Killed" guy two weeks ago!! I was driving down U St. in DC & saw him walking down the side of the road. Sitting prominently on top of his shopping cart was the sign! After reading, "Ninja's Killed My," I flipped out! Drove by too fast to see what the rest of the sign said.

Anyway, I thought you'd be amused that he's got the same sign! I'm guessing that you saw him in DC, too...? Otherwise, those ninjas must also run a bus service...:wink:

Which intersection Northwest? Southeast? D.C.? Is it near the 9:30 Club/Howard University?

Last edited:
Super_Fan said:

Which intersection Northwest? Southeast? D.C.? Is it near the 9:30 Club/Howard University?

It was exactly in the 9:30 Club/Howard area. Saw him on U near where U and Georgia meet.

People cheering every time someone came out of the porta-loo in Dublin

:lol: :lmao:

Edited to add: In Philadelphia in May, some guy had his bright yellow pimp mobile, with the hood up and his music blaring(it wasn't U2), out in the parking lot right next to the GA line. Apparently he got confused and thought he was an extra in fast and the furious.

beau2ifulday said:

Ha Ha - nice one.

Super_Fan said:

That was me.:wink: for May 9. There was confusion galore at 3:30 p.m. that day but it was all said and done at 5:30 p.m. I thought it was funny that the dude in the Fan Club GA line got arrested for yelling vulgar language. The DVD crew filmed that incident so that might be in the DVD extras.:wink: :drool:

:wave: :hug: :applaud:

you really did do a hell of a job :)

Re: Re: Funny Amusing Stuff that you have seen in any GA line?

{paintedroses} said:

And in two whole (separate) days of queuing on my own not one person wanted to start a conversation with me :( ... oh wait thats not funny, thats rude :|

Numb would have chatted with you.

Re: Re: Funny Amusing Stuff that you have seen in any GA line?

{paintedroses} said:

People cheering every time someone came out of the porta-loo in Dublin :huh:

If you'd been anywhere near me in the Twickenham line, I would have chatted to you fo' sure :yes:
You may have been - that's one of the weird things. Since the London shows, i've encountered three people on different boards who i'd seen whilst queuing.

Re: Re: Re: Funny Amusing Stuff that you have seen in any GA line?

beau2ifulday said:

If you'd been anywhere near me in the Twickenham line, I would have chatted to you fo' sure :yes:
You may have been - that's one of the weird things. Since the London shows, i've encountered three people on different boards who i'd seen whilst queuing.

Hehe :hug: I had a friend with me at London thankfully.. and other people chatted to me there too. Was just in Dublin where nobody liked me :sad:

I'm already so fired up I am having trouble sleeping!

Just noticed that 13 years ago today was my first show...

Back
Top Bottom