Funny Amusing Stuff that you have seen in any GA line?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

This is true. I took no part in it! I hate singing or being on camera anyway.

I think a bunch of groups did it, and I heard one girl say of the group pictured above, "I bet we'll get on it, b/c our group is the most racially diverse." We'll see....

I was standing directly behind the camera man when this picture was taken. :ohmy:

I had no idea that many interference-ers were there.

The DVD guy came up to our section and said, "How many times have you guys seen U2?" and someone yelled and pointed at me, "This is her 53rd show!" and the DVD guy came over to me and was like, "Is this really your 53rd show?" and the friend that was with me said, "It totally is and she has U2 tattoos everywhere" (slight exaggeration, for the record). So the DVD guy says, "Great, lets interview her" and I said, "Um no" and he was like, "What?" and I was like, "No, thanks" and he was quite confused.
I, like some other people in this thread, want nothing to do with that end of a camera.

:mad:

Re: Re: Funny Amusing Stuff that you have seen in any GA line?

{paintedroses} said:

People cheering every time someone came out of the porta-loo in Dublin :huh:

And in two whole (separate) days of queuing on my own not one person wanted to start a conversation with me :( ... oh wait thats not funny, thats rude :|

Are U serious?:eyebrow: I am so sorry. :hug: I would have talked to you. I hope Chicago folks are more friendly cause I will be alone too?:(

Re: Re: Re: Funny Amusing Stuff that you have seen in any GA line?

Carmelu2fan said:

Are U serious?:eyebrow: I am so sorry. :hug: I would have talked to you. I hope Chicago folks are more friendly cause I will be alone too?:(

ill talk to u!!! :wave: :hug:

if ur goin on 9/21 :wink:

Catlady said:
I'm already so fired up I am having trouble sleeping!

Just noticed that 13 years ago today was my first show...

WOW 13 years eh!!:wink: I am freaking out here myself....ONLY 5 more days left:hyper:

Carmelu2fan said:

Yes I am serious! I'm sure you'll be fine at Chicago, the U2 fans I have spoken to in GA lines have been lovely!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Funny Amusing Stuff that you have seen in any GA line?

U2bpbear24 said:

ill talk to u!!! :wave: :hug:

if ur goin on 9/21 :wink:

:sad: OH no I will be at the 9/20 show:(

{paintedroses} said:

Yes I am serious! I'm sure you'll be fine at Chicago, the U2 fans I have spoken to in GA lines have been lovely!

That is what I heard too!!! I am so excited:hug: :hyper: Will you be there?9/20:rockon:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Funny Amusing Stuff that you have seen in any GA line?

Carmelu2fan said:

That is what I heard too!!! I am so excited:hug: :hyper: Will you be there?9/20:rockon:

No I would love to come over to catch some shows though :( :heart:

I have never had GA tix, and from what I have seen in NYC - the line seems pretty quiet, so maybe I will *cause* some kind of distraction this time 'round...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Funny Amusing Stuff that you have seen in any GA line?

{paintedroses} said:

No I would love to come over to catch some shows though :( :heart:

We would love to have you!!!:yes: :hug:

Utoo said:

It was exactly in the 9:30 Club/Howard area. Saw him on U near where U and Georgia meet.

Interesting. At least the 9:30 Club Nazi dude didn't come out after him and use his pocket knife on him (a.k.a. setlist stabber)

Yeah the is another dude that dresses in a 70's funk style costume with big ass shaded glasses walking past 9:30 on show days.

Weird stuff goes down in that area of town. Recommend not bringing any money while in the GA line at MCI Center at night. Bruce Springsteen GA line camp out (August 2002) some couple was robbed while they were sleeping by some homeless dude.

Super_Fan said:
some couple was robbed while they were sleeping by some homeless dude.

:ohmy: Crikey! That part of town isn't the greatest, no matter how much people say it's "up and coming."

The 9:30 club guy is crazy! He's the perfect bouncer---ginormous, full of tattoos & piercings, and quite intimidating! How often do you go there? I've been only a few times, but my brother-in-law goes 2-4 times a week.

Super_Fan said:

That was me.:wink: for May 9. There was confusion galore at 3:30 p.m. that day but it was all said and done at 5:30 p.m. I thought it was funny that the dude in the Fan Club GA line got arrested for yelling vulgar language. The DVD crew filmed that incident so that might be in the DVD extras.:wink: :drool:

so you're the guy who tried to wake everyone up at 6am for a line check (that never happened), before we had even gotten to sleep at all...

:banghead:

I will have my 400 total watt home stereo setup in the parking lot again just as I did last May in Philadelphia...cant friggin wait!!!!!!!
Nothing like blaring zoo Station 8 AM in the morning right next to the GA lone waking everyone up...HAHAHAHAA

Carmelu2fan said:

I'll be in Chicago and I'll definitely talk to you if I see you (and know you!). I'll be there VERY early on the 21st with my daughter, who looks very much like me...

Super_Fan...what city did that couple get robbed? Are you serious?

jag...what city are you bringing your sound system to?

Utoo said:

:ohmy: Crikey! That part of town isn't the greatest, no matter how much people say it's "up and coming."

The 9:30 club guy is crazy! He's the perfect bouncer---ginormous, full of tattoos & piercings, and quite intimidating! How often do you go there? I've been only a few times, but my brother-in-law goes 2-4 times a week.

Not talking about Josh with the earlopes. Talking about someone else that is there all the time. He is also at all the I.M.P. shows all the time. He just stabs the setlists with his knife if you ask for one. :lol:

Last edited:
Stories for Boys said:

so you're the guy who tried to wake everyone up at 6am for a line check (that never happened), before we had even gotten to sleep at all...

:banghead:

You deserved some sleep. I was about to wake you all up in your cars but I thought we would have started out with a bad day. Especially when 4 p.m. came around.

Super_Fan said:

Not talking about Josh with the earlopes. Talking about someone else that is there all the time. He is also at all the I.M.P. shows all the time. He just stabs the setlists with his knife if you ask for one. :lol:

Gotcha. I think I may have heard about the knife guy, but I wouldn't be able to recognize him if I saw him.

Ahh, Washington, DC! :wink:

Hey Painted Roses - next time, barbecue while you're in line! You'll be guaranteed to make alot of friends.

I've got Pittsburgh GA and I'm going alone, I sure hope somebody talks to me! It will be a very long day otherwise. With my luck, people will treat me like the bum talked about earlier, and they'll all run away.

tawanda said:

I'll be in Chicago and I'll definitely talk to you if I see you (and know you!). I'll be there VERY early on the 21st with my daughter, who looks very much like me...

Thanks twanda, Will you be at the 9/20 show too.
Now I wish I would have got tickets for the 9/21 show:( Thank you anyway it feels good to know I wm not alone:hug:

Super_Fan said:

You deserved some sleep. I was about to wake you all up in your cars but I thought we would have started out with a bad day. Especially when 4 p.m. came around.

Ahhh...but you still woke us up as we were trying to lay down on the cement (we weren't in our cars) at 6am.

Sorry Carmelu2fan, we won't be there for the 20th show...

I've wondered why U2 fans don't tailgate??? I mean the whole cooking out setting up the big shindig thing? I've seen a couple tents and coolers, but not much else. Is it because the venues forbid it?

Back
Top Bottom