Four in a row???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KUEFC09U2 said:
well dosent that then become the fault of the customer rather than the supplier? the people going to multiple dates know what the band are like, and know that they havent got a history for changing there setlist, but they still decide to go to more than 1 show?

:wink:
I would miss you big time if you decide to go away for good..
what else is there left to do here but dicuss over and over and over again..

I LOVE IT

maybe the reason they dont mix up the setlists is to discourage fans from going to multiple shows. we already know they don't like seeing the same fans at show after show.

<<discourage fans from seeing multiple shows>>

This deserves a thread by itself, but can also be disproven.

Most of their camp intentially see nearly every gig of the tour, including many members of the bands family.

I also know for a fact Bono added a fan's name on the 2001 guestlist after they saw every north american show in 1997 and leg 1 2001.

u2fp

KUEFC09U2 said:
well dosent that then become the fault of the customer rather than the supplier? the people going to multiple dates know what the band are like, and know that they havent got a history for changing there setlist, but they still decide to go to more than 1 show?

[/irony on] Yeah, what a bunch of morons [/irony off] :wink:

U2Man said:

[/irony on] Yeah, what a bunch of morons [/irony off] :wink:
see you just cant put an opinion across without some sarcastic childish reply, and your the one saying it would be boring without debate? seems like you want everyone to agree with you

Chizip said:
maybe the reason they dont mix up the setlists is to discourage fans from going to multiple shows. we already know they don't like seeing the same fans at show after show.

Uh, then why are they selling fan club members tickets to more than one show?

You can't have it both ways. Plus, even without the fan club factor, any band that plays 7 shows in the same building and thinks they are not going to have repeat-goers is fooling themselves. I have no doubt this has nothing to do with discouraging repeat-goers. It has to do with the fact that the band is not very adept on the fly. And also because post-JT and Lovetown, the tours have revolved more around the staging of the show, etc. But I do suspect/hope that the fall leg is going to have more variety because I imagine the band does understand that with these longer stands, it's necessary. If they play 7 shows at MSG close to same set every night, I think artistically it is profoundly disappointing and that is coming from someone who loves the band and has a much longer history seeing them than most people who post here.

Last edited:
KUEFC09U2 said:
see you just cant put an opinion across without some sarcastic childish reply, and your the one saying it would be boring without debate? seems like you want everyone to agree with you

Well I don't want you to agree with me. If we ever agreed, I would know that I had been in here too long. Childish? Only if you don't understand the irony.

Calm down KUEFC09U2, you don't have to fly into a rage everytime someone posts something negative about U2 or are commenting ironically on your posts. Have a sense of humour, and don't take everything that seriously, it would make it a lot easier for you to live among people like me, Zwervers2, yimou etc.

Back
Top Bottom