for those obsessed with Crumbs....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brwh1

The Fly
Review by: Shawn Bison (from u2tours)

Well, as luck would have it, I met Bono walking on the streets of Glasgow today. It was seven hours before showtime and I guess he was out to clear his head or something. I've met him twice before, but under rushed circumstances (there were other fans around, he had to go, etc.). He was by himself, per usual - as the ultrafan would liken - and welcomed me with a smile. He didn't remember me, but I had a few questions prepared in case I bumped into him on this leg. My burning question was "Crumbs" and why they have not yet played it. He informed me that they want to get it perfect before debuting it, because it's the most important song he's ever written. He also wants to possibly wait to debut it at Live 8. I complimented him on the band's performances and such and we even joked about the prospect of performing alongside members of the reunited Pink Floyd, saying "you'd have a better chance of seeing Syd Barrett up there with them than me." Enough of this story, this review is supposed to be about the Glasgow show, right?!

The show was simply perfect. It was pretty much the same setlist as London 2, but with more punch and polish. I love the Scotland fans. They actually cheered at The Edge's [few] guitar solos, and not just Bono's antics. It was an all-round pleasant day and evening, and I still love the All Because Of You placement.

Hello hello Dublin! Three nights of mayhem are about to begin

Well, that's interesting. Maybe they're rehearsing the song behind closed doors. Or maybe its typical Bono and they'll play Vertigo, Pride, & Vertigo again at live8.:huh:

Last edited:
actually its going to be

Vertigo
Vertigo with Vertigo snippetted 5 or 6 times within the song itself to create a 15 minute long epic Vertigo kind of like Bad at Live Aid

unforunately because the song went on for so long they will not have enough time to play their third song of the set, Vertigo

a vertigo with g8 lyrics would be cool

hello hello
now is the time to end poverty
theres people dying in the streets and alone
they can't eat
foooood

:laugh: :lmao:

long epic vertigo hahaha

ok this is the actual shitlist for Live8:

Vertigo
Hello Mary Lou
Comfortably Numb with Pink Floyd and U2 does the Hello,Hello part
Vertigo
Native Son-Vertigo medley
Elevation on banjo
Acrobat on conga
Lemon on xlyophone
God Part II on grand piano
Vertigo

I heard part of the criteria for playing at Live 8 in London is you have to play Vertigo a minimum of 2 times. As well the stage will feature a huge screen sort of like popmart with flashing colours to recreate the iPod commercial.

If anyone see's Bono and the lads wandering around their local high street in the few days, can you suggest to them they might want to pre-Debut Crumbs in Cardiff on June 29th, as so when play it at Live 8 they don't mess it up in front of millions!

If I see them I will suggest that they open with Crumbs at Cardiff and if they aint happy with it, they could play it again at the end of the show as well, just to make sure they get the hang of it!

nobody reads this

It should be:

Beautiful Day
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Crumbs

:yes:

I CAN BET ON THAT!!!OMG!!!l1

I predict they will play:

Vertigo
(the Africa video thing)
(the iPod Vertigo commercial video)
Vertigo (with Chizip's Vertigo Snippet)
Then an extended version of Vertigo where Bono pulls an emotional woman onstage to dance. (hopefully the same woman from 20 years ago...)

Crumbs is going to rock live--especially if they've been working so hard on it. I think this sheds light on why they don't play every song in their catalogue---they put so much effort into each one.

Looking forward to some great shows soon!

brwh1 said:
Review by: Shawn Bison (from u2tours)

Well, as luck would have it, I met Bono walking on the streets of Glasgow today. It was seven hours before showtime and I guess he was out to clear his head or something. I've met him twice before, but under rushed circumstances (there were other fans around, he had to go, etc.). He was by himself, per usual - as the ultrafan would liken - and welcomed me with a smile. He didn't remember me, but I had a few questions prepared in case I bumped into him on this leg. My burning question was "Crumbs" and why they have not yet played it. He informed me that they want to get it perfect before debuting it, because it's the most important song he's ever written. He also wants to possibly wait to debut it at Live 8. I complimented him on the band's performances and such and we even joked about the prospect of performing alongside members of the reunited Pink Floyd, saying "you'd have a better chance of seeing Syd Barrett up there with them than me." Enough of this story, this review is supposed to be about the Glasgow show, right?!

The show was simply perfect. It was pretty much the same setlist as London 2, but with more punch and polish. I love the Scotland fans. They actually cheered at The Edge's [few] guitar solos, and not just Bono's antics. It was an all-round pleasant day and evening, and I still love the All Because Of You placement.

Hello hello Dublin! Three nights of mayhem are about to begin

I dont understand whay he said it is the most important song he has ever written. On the bonus DVD that came with the bomb dont they say they wrote the song drunk in a pub and Larry couldnt remember the origin of the song because of this? It would be great to hear it during Live 8 and I hope it pans out but it sounds like Bono just blowing smoke again.

Re: Re: for those obsessed with Crumbs....

Hawkmoon04 said:

I dont understand whay he said it is the most important song he has ever written. On the bonus DVD that came with the bomb dont they say they wrote the song drunk in a pub and Larry couldnt remember the origin of the song because of this? It would be great to hear it during Live 8 and I hope it pans out but it sounds like Bono just blowing smoke again.

You're absolutely right. Bono is so funny sometimes.

I'll believe it when I see it. I hope it turns out to be true.

Chizip said:
actually its going to be

Vertigo
Vertigo with Vertigo snippetted 5 or 6 times within the song itself to create a 15 minute long epic Vertigo kind of like Bad at Live Aid

unforunately because the song went on for so long they will not have enough time to play their third song of the set, Vertigo

:lol:

"FOOOOOOOOOOOOD!" "Fooo-OOOOOO-oooood!"

I love you people.

Seriously though, they're debuting Crumbs at Live 8? Cool, at least we know we'll probably see it at some point... the most important song they've ever written?? :huh: I thought Vertigo was their most important song... Vertigo is certainly my favourite U2 song, twice.

Back
Top Bottom