For the first time since PopMart...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

E_T

The Fly
For the first time since PopMart, Discotheque makes it's Vertigo//05 debut in Toronto.

Well I agree that this is the first time since PopMart that Discotheque has made it's Vertigo//05 debut in Toronto - doubt that's happened before - but are they forgetting the small matter of the 2001 Elevation tour in which the song was played around 16 times?

ElessarTom said:
For the first time since PopMart, Discotheque makes it's Vertigo//05 debut in Toronto.

That is so stupid

Discotheque made a Vertigo05 debut on the popmart tour huh? :eyebrow:

:banghead:

and now no more Willie's Diary either:(

at least they realized that discotheque was off the Pop album

TheBrush said:
they played discotheque during the Elevation tour in toronto as well I do believe. I'm about 90% sure.

Correct.
http://www.u2setlists.com/elevation.shtml

05/24/2001 Air Canada Centre - Toronto, Ontario
Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until The End Of The World, Discothèque, Staring At The Sun, New York, Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Kite, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday / Get Up Stand Up (snippet), In A Little While, Stay (Faraway, So Close!), Bad / 40 (snippet), Where The Streets Have No Name, Mysterious Ways, The Fly
encores: Bullet The Blue Sky, With Or Without You, Pride (In The Name Of Love), One / Forever Young (snippet), Walk On

Hey!

Don't be so hard on the guy at u2.com. He's doing his very best.

MonkeyBusiness.jpg

No boom cha's but Bono sang Relax by Frankie goes to Hollywood in the middle of it. It was fab!! :drool:

I gave Edge the thumbs up for playing this song and he smiled and nodded back at me..

And one other thing...Near the end of the song, Bono kept singing "This is a rock song" over and over.:rockon:

I've asked this in another thread; but this one is getting better responses. Anyone know what guitar Edge used for Discotheque last night?

ElectricalVoice said:
Hey!

Don't be so hard on the guy at u2.com. He's doing his very best.

MonkeyBusiness.jpg

Isn't the bloke who runs U2.com a relative of Adam, ?

you can see the family resemblance.

"This is a rock song"

No apologies needed, Bono. You've got enough rock songs already, I'm one for some variation.

"This is a rock song"

No apologies needed, Bono. You've got enough rock songs already, I'm one for some variation.

If the audience had any spirit, they'd have put the boom cha's in there themselves. I'd like that quite a bit, and I'd like to see Larry's face when 10,000 boom cha's rain down on his ass.

I was really disappointed with the people in the stands response to disco...the floor looked like they were well into it but (I was in 122) I was the most active person in the stands near me. Really couldn't detemine if people were just stunned or what but they had that deer in headlights look. While I was dancing away I was thinking..please do not look up into the stands keep looking at the floor, cos Iwas afraid that would make them not do it again this tour. I could understand my parents not leaping about, or my friend (I have been working on making her a full convert for years), but lots of people near me seemed pretty hard core for the rest of the show and were young enough that pop would have been the biggie for them, but there was nothing doing. Glad they weren't on the floor, that would have sucked!!
Anyway, I for one was thrilled, and i had programmed it into my phone earlier in the hopes it was gonna be on, so it was really exciting to text that one even though the edge never seemed to get it and post to the party. :dance: :combust:

Then we complain when they don't play more obscure things. As sad as it is for me to say, snowbunny's observations during Discoteque is exactly the reason U2 doesn't mix it up more and probably the reason for the static setlist in Europe.

Unfortunately the hardcore fans just don't make up the majority in these shows. The majority is made up of casual fans or people just there because its the place to be. :(

Last edited:
I know what you mean about the excitement thing. I looked like a goon jumping up and down like a banshee during Discotheque and although most of the people around me were enjoying themselves, it wasn't close to the reaction I had been expecting. I was on the railing of the ellipse, btw. Anyhow, I had a blast and that's all that matters :D

Mind you, I would have loved me some Boomchas. :wink:

The U2.com story for Toronto 4:

Who else can start a show with three top ten hits of the noughties - City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo and Elevation – and then soar into Electric Co and The Ocean, a pair of treasures from the 1970’s ?

Are these people time challenged? :huh:

:hmm:

Sometimes I wonder whether U2.com is being run by a bunch of Coldplay fans trying to discredit U2... otherwise, there seems to be no logical explanation for such a high level of stupidity...

:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom