Fool-proof GA policy to get into the heart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the olive

The Fly
With all the controversy surrounding the policy on getting into the heart (egg or whatever) I think I have come up with the best suggestion yet. If you can produce a Popmart ticket stub you are automatically given a bracelet to get in! Not only do you prove you are a longtime fan, but you also supported the band when the shows weren't selling out and they were losing tons of money. :D

So, if I have a have a ticketstub from Joshue Tree do I get to be onstage? :lol:

Dalton said:

If you can prove that you have sexual fantasies of the band while having sex with women .... you do not get into the elipse. Sorry:wink:

Why won't the turd work? The "elipse" looks like a giant toilet seat. The turd belongs in the middle.

how about an egg, painted like a lemon with macphisto horns?

if that won't get you in, I don't know what will...

the olive said:
With all the controversy surrounding the policy on getting into the heart (egg or whatever) I think I have come up with the best suggestion yet. If you can produce a Popmart ticket stub you are automatically given a bracelet to get in! Not only do you prove you are a longtime fan, but you also supported the band when the shows weren't selling out and they were losing tons of money. :D

Okay....so fans that started liking u2 after popmart get punished. Or fans that liked u2 but were too young (like me) to go to concerts are also punished?

Yeah....w/e..

Re: Re: Fool-proof GA policy to get into the heart

unosdostres14 said:

Okay....so fans that started liking u2 after popmart get punished. Or fans that liked u2 but were too young (like me) to go to concerts are also punished?

Yeah....w/e..

Yeah we suck majorly!

hehe I still got in the elipse!

that's swell... i've been a u2 fan my whole life. when popmart was out, my sister was supposed to get me a ticket, but screwed me over at the last minute. seeing as i was between my junior and senior years in high school... i had no alternate recourse, so i couldn't go to the popmart show... thus no ticket.

i loved achtung baby... but i was frigign 11 when it came out. sorry, no income of my own, and my parents wouldn't take me to ZooTV. oh well

I owened the joshua tree when I was 7. My weekly allowence was unfortunatly not enough to pay for a ticket, so I didn't go to that tour either.

Is my sarcasm enough now? OK good... shitty idea. Just let us wait in line. If you're willing to wait in line for 12 hours, then I'd say that makes you a pretty big fan.

I wasn't much a U2 fan when I bought GA tickets for Charlotte elevation. I got the to the arena around 6pm or so and stood in a long line cursing the fact that I wouldn't get to see much. I kept on saying we should have bought seats. Well the time came and they started to let people in and thanks to the bang up job security did - they lined up seated ticket holders in the same line - causing all chaos. Got inside, went onto the floor, went over to the heart entrance and they let me in!

(Charlotte was one of the first shows and so getting into the heart was not well known)

Didn't know what I got myself into! The lights went down, U2 came on, and I was turned into raging fan for life! It was a life changing event - seriously - as addictive as a drug.

After Charlotte I spent more money and more time waiting in lines than I care to remember...totally worth it!

I understand why people hate the lottery - there's no guarantee that you will get in the heart.

The only thing that I hope is that there are casual fans who lotto themselves into the heart and become a devoted junkie like you and me - if they were to continue the marathon lineups then people like me would have never happened.

I think U2 feeds on new blood anyway.

Is my sarcasm enough now? OK good... shitty idea. Just let us wait in line. If you're willing to wait in line for 12 hours, then I'd say that makes you a pretty big fan. [/B]

I was hoping no one would take this seriously... I agree though, the simple lineup idea is perhaps the best way to do it. I admire the fact that they are trying to seperate the hardcores from the casuals, but I think spending 12 hours in line does it just as well!

The only thing that I hope is that there are casual fans who lotto themselves into the heart and become a devoted junkie like you and me

For some reason, your story made me really happy. Conversion stories always do. If absolutely forced to, I could probably produce my Popmart ticket to "prove" that I stuck by the band through a less popular album and faulty technology (rain storm the night before blew out lights, etc. at RFK). And I, like everyone else, would love to be in the ellipse when my shows role around. But now, if I don't get in, I'm going to try to picture a bunch of HappyFatBono-type casual fans experiencing the revelation that is U2 for the first time and be happy for them.

ihavefollowed said:
Jesus. It was a bad joke, but it wasn't so bad that everyone had to take it literarly.

This one's worse - if I can bring three ticket stubs from three different shows with ticket prices under $25 does that mean I get into the ellipse, get to drink beer with Paul McGuinnes backstage after the show, and shoot the next video on my camcorder?

The original 'GA Line Beep' thread was a lot funnier, we've all lost our creativity.

how bout providing a program to the Mount Temple Comprehensive Talent Show or whatever it was that U2 first played at? maybe that would get your backstage

I used my zoo t.v condoms. So funny to hear someone else that bought them..:lol: :lol:

And yes they were effective though I'm sure they're past date now

How about they let you in if you're a U2.com member on a first come first serve basis. Seems pretty obvious to me.

redkat said:
I used my zoo t.v condoms. So funny to hear someone else that bought them..:lol: :lol:

And yes they were effective though I'm sure they're past date now

You USED them!!! :shocked: Mine are still intact wrapped in plastic (ha ha). I'm hoping they'll get really rare and I can sell them on eBay. What do reckon they're worth?? a buck? :lol:

I thought maybe my Unforgettable Fire stub would help me...or if I wore my original UF t-shirt - all faded and old-looking...they'd see I was a longtime fan and see the longing in my eyes :sad:

You USED them!!! Mine are still intact wrapped in plastic (ha ha). I'm hoping they'll get really rare and I can sell them on eBay.

Yes and he was so not worth it:mad: Now I'm mad just thinking about. If only I could go back in time:hmm:

How much do want for a pack of them??

Back
Top Bottom