First visual info on the new tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
From atu2.com:

Video is now available of Bono's recent appearance at the TED conference, where he accepted the TED prize of $100,000 and offered three wishes for how that money can be used to further the goals of the ONE Campaign. The whole video runs about 40 minutes - good stuff. And if you stick through to the end, you'll learn about a unique plan for the Vertigo Tour: while U2 performs "One," fans will be able to send an SMS message via cellphone in support of the ONE Campaign. The names of fans who sign this virtual petition will appear on the video screen as U2 plays , and those fans will later be invited to formally join the ONE Campaign. The things you learn! (Thx DS)

Sounds pretty cool.

As they started talking about this i thought it sounded a bit naff but I love the idea of names coming up on the screen...i've warmed to the concept.

but would you really want the atmosphere of everyone playing about with their phones on while the band play 'one'?

personally i'd rather just enjoy the song being played without any distractions, but i guess its a good way to recruit new members to the one campaign - so it has both good and bad sides...

Princey said:

personally i'd rather just enjoy the song being played without any distractions

agreed. i love that bono does all this charity work but please dont have it interfere with the concert. i would be happy to donate before the concert online or something. i really dont like when people are pushy with things and sometimes thats how i feel.

They do this at Verizon Amp (Formerly Irvine Meadows) in So Cal. INBETWEEN bands, you can send text messages to a screen above the stage.

Too funny to see people txt messages bagging on the opening acts....

You might be surprised!
I just attended my 12 year old daughters music performance at school. One of the songs was the Beatles, "Let It Be". At the start of the song they all fliped open their parents cell phones and created and interesting effect. This was only with 30 students, 15000 fans with cell phones might be interesting!
ONLY 21 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom