First Support Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MatejU2

War Child
Snow Patrol, Killers, First Support Dates.
Snow Patrol and The Killers will be supporting U2 in Europe this summer at the following shows.

Snow Patrol will be playing support on the ‘Vertigo Tour’ at shows in Brussels, Manchester, Dublin, Berlin and Paris.

The Killers will be on duty for shows in Cardiff, Katowice, Vienna and Amsterdam.

More news and dates as we get it.

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1329

The Killers in Vienna:rockon: :hyper: :bow:

Now wait for the whining ...

Brussels concertgoer: I want to see The Killers! Why am I stuck with stupid Snow Patrol?
Cardiff concertgoer: I want to see Snow Patrol! Why am I stuck with the stupid Killers?

MatejU2 said:
The Killers will be on duty for shows in Cardiff, Katowice, Vienna and Amsterdam.

So I'm going to see "The Killers" before U2... hhmm

OK. Who are they?... how many albums they've made so far?... are they good?...

Whats the chances that Franz Ferdinand will be the support at Hampden ?

That would get U2 back in our good books after they mucked as around last time.

Axver said:

I'll start. :wink:
I just know we're going to get the Scissor Sisters on leg 3, and I'm sorry, I've tried to like them but I just can't stand them. I love Snow Patrol and the Killers are pretty good. I wish they could be openers here as well.

Re: Re: First Support Dates

bathiu said:

So I'm going to see "The Killers" before U2... hhmm

OK. Who are they?... how many albums they've made so far?... are they good?...

Killers rock!!
well i think so anyway - Hot Fuss (debut) is without a doubt my favourite album of the past 6 months (yes that includes HTDAAB)

I'm thinking of getting Cardiff tix now...
and i'm happy with Snow Patrol for dublin - i adore Snow Patrol :yes: :reject:
i'd be gutted if we got Scissor sisters for twickers though - wouldnt mind Franz Ferdinand, or Razorlight perhaps, Adams apparently a fan. Even the Zutons would be cool.

I like Keane and their album a lot but i dont know if they've got it in them to get 60000+ ap and at 'em and ready for U2

I really can't see franz ferdinand doing it. Don't kill me, but I don't think they'd concider it as something "cool" to do, they're a bit too indie and they might lose credibility among their fans. ;)
Although there's nothing I'd love more than them doing it. lol

If Franz Ferdinand are the support group at Hampden, I'll bloody scream!!!! :scream: :no: Can't stand them! :| Oh well, i can always go out for a beer while they're on!! :laugh: :up:

Don't see the appeal AT ALL! What do all these people see in them???? They look like teachers, or something! :huh:

I haven't heard anything from Kings, so i'll reserve judgement.. but I've heard alot from the Killers. :hyper: Hell I've been recording their videos from VH1 in the mornings. I love them. :wink:

They would be a good fuse to light before the Bomb goes off on stage. :combust:

Edited to say: Snow Patrol, would love to see them also. You guys getting these concerts are most fortunate.:sigh:

Last edited:
Re: Re: First Support Dates

Axver said:

Brussels concertgoer: I want to see The Killers! Why am I stuck with stupid Snow Patrol?
Cardiff concertgoer: I want to see Snow Patrol! Why am I stuck with the stupid Killers?

whining, are you having a laugh, best support I could have expected really (I was assuming Coldplay were unlikely :wink: ). At least I didn't get the Killers!

Back
Top Bottom