Favorite Concert Moments?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
* Laura playing Party Girl, 5/9
* Miro on stage during Fast Cars, 9/21
* Bono's vocals for Miss Sarajevo, 9/20, 9/21
* Yahweh and 40, 5/7 (first U2 show ever)
* Phil grabbing me and lifting me about 4 feet off the ground in order to hold onto Bono during Beautiful Day, 5/9

NJ2- I was in front row by edge, and they played I still haven't found.. w/ local band, followed by closing of the show with bad. surreal moment, really great.

The opera part in Miss Sarajevo is amazing... and in Sometimes, when Bono holds the word "sing" and turns a bit of opera on it, astonishing!

i went to Anaheim 1 (my first show) and my favourite parts were
-Love and Peace to open for the first time ever
-Running to Stand Still
-Stories for Boys snippet in Vertigo
-Zoo Station
-Miracle Drug (the lights :drool: )
-topless Mysterious Ways dancer
-that crazy chick that Bono pulled up at the end of Mways
-the CoBL Lights
-40 to close

Vertigo2 at Seattle 2. (I hate that they've done it so often now, but it was so spontaneous that first time, and the audience went apeshit.)

Any time Bono did the opera part of Miss Sarajevo.

The first time of Miss Sarajevo and the first full band version of OOTS at Amsterdam 3

I have to agree, Vertigo2 at Seattle 2. My highpoint was meeting Bono outside the Key Arena, being in the right place at the right time, what a night.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

* Phil grabbing me and lifting me about 4 feet off the ground in order to hold onto Bono during Beautiful Day, 5/9

I hadn't heard about that :cute:

And thanks :eek:

I'd have to say one of those you mention is also my favorite... :reject:

NJ2 with I Still Haven't then Bad..., but I think Mary J Blige singing One with the band at MSG2 was awesome. But had I been in Philly last night, having the Boss on stage would have made me probably faint:drool:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

* Miro on stage during Fast Cars, 9/21

I haven't seen a show yet, but I've seen video of that...so I'll say that's my favorite so far! :D

I was at the Philly show last night and it was wonderful to see Bruce onstage with the boys! I also love the song Fast Cars because it looked like they had so much fun playing it! Where can i find that song?

It's on limited edition releases of HTDAAB. I've been looking for one myself. I did pre-order the single SYCMIOYO w/ Fast Cars and Ave Maria. Can't wait to get that :up:

Mine were Love and Peace or Else right in front of me, getting Adam to sign my shirt, Crumbs From Your Table for the first time ever, I could go on and on...let's just say my entire concert.:rockon:

- Love and Peace or Else. Any performance of it.
- Zoo Station/The Fly encore. Especially performances of The Fly on the entire tour
- Vertigo2 at Seattle2. One of the hardest, most rocking U2 performaces ever
- Running To Stand Still/Amazing Grace - Paris I, Paris II, Amsterdam I, Amsterdam II - been saying this a lot lately. Everybody should hear this. Flat out fantastic. Incredibly emotional and haunting.
- Bono can play guitar... Running To Stand Still, Seattle 2
- the entire Chicago IV encore (Until the End of the World tour debut, Edge improvising the solo because he fucked up badly in The Fly, ZooTV lyrics in the Mysterious Ways ending, the best performance of With or Without You since early 1993 and a 10-minute version of Bad to end it all)
- The Electric Co. Enough said.
- Miss Sarajevo for the first time, Amsterdam III. Hearing those vocals...
- Discotheque, new version
- Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Paris II (Torna a Surriento snippet, first time)
- Original of the Species with the orchestra in Milan
- Bullet the Blue Sky: JT solo + ZooTV solo in one; Amsterdam I

Man, this is a great tour.

Miroslava said:

I hadn't heard about that :cute:

Heh...it wasn't *that* great, but funny to us. It was the part during Beautiful Day when Bono's out on the ellipse and sings "touch me.." and usually steps onto one of those little platform boxes. He did this and was a few people down from me so I knew I couldn't reach his hand and started leaning in to take some sweet pics instead and Phil goes "what are you doing? Grab him!". So I reach as far as I can and I'm still at least a yard off, so Phil grabs me around the waist, pulls me in front of him, and starts lifting me up and saying "reach!" until I can finally get Bono's coat sleeve between my fingers and work my way down to his wrist.

But even better than that was Laura playing and you dancing. I can't dance or play or speak Spanish so I get sooooooo excited when my PLEBAns get on stage! Really, it's just as good as me being up there b/c I wouldn't know what to do!

I still think it's pretty damn cool! :up: for Phil! :cute:

And we'll see if we can make some more of that PLEBAn magic work here in Detroit :happy:

discothequeLP said:
i went to Anaheim 1 (my first show) and my favourite parts were
-Love and Peace to open for the first time ever
-Running to Stand Still
-Stories for Boys snippet in Vertigo
-Zoo Station
-Miracle Drug (the lights :drool: )
-topless Mysterious Ways dancer
-that crazy chick that Bono pulled up at the end of Mways
-the CoBL Lights
-40 to close

That was my first show as well. Most memorable part of the entire U2 experience for me is that moment, yes THAT moment, when the lights blast on during Streets and everyone from the floor to the roof is jumping with their hands in the air. Nothing better to me.

And yes that M.W. dancer was... interesting :huh: I Also loved seeing bono do his karate kid drum banging at the end of LAPOE! :bow: :bono:

Back
Top Bottom