Fan Club Fan Club Fan Club at the Shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackleberry

War Child
I Have a few questions about Fan Club Priorities at the shows:

*If you have fan club GA Tickets, is there a better chance at getting scanned to get into the Elipse? Or is it just completely random regardless of your GA ticket?

*There are two seperate lines, 1 for Fan Club members and one for non members: When these lines seperate does the Fan Club member line enter the arena and get scanned first? Does this line enter first?

Thanks for your help with these questions.

I am not myself a fan club member, but being forum addicted recently :crazy: I think I can give the answers:
* Scan is completely random for both lines
* Both lines enter at the same time
Am I right or should I better :silent: ???

tackleberry said:

*If you have fan club GA Tickets, is there a better chance at getting scanned to get into the Elipse? Or is it just completely random regardless of your GA ticket?

*There are two seperate lines, 1 for Fan Club members and one for non members: When these lines seperate does the Fan Club member line enter the arena and get scanned first? Does this line enter first?

The answer to your question is: no. Being a fan club member and having a ticket that is a fan club ticket DOES NOT GUARANTEE that you will get into the ellipse. It is completely random! Which I think sucks. I truely wish they kept the first come, first served procedure like last tour.
They do divide the lines up into non and fan club line. They have let the fan club line (which tends to be shorter than the non fan club line but doesn't mean you have a better chance of getting into the ellipse) in first with the non following but that depends on the venue staff.
Being that it is random as far as being scanned for the ellipse one line doesn't get a better chance than the other. The computer randomly scans the number codes on the tickets and then either you get in or not.

Re: Re: Fan Club Fan Club Fan Club at the Shows

U2Fanatic4ever said:

The answer to your question is: no. Being a fan club member and having a ticket that is a fan club ticket DOES NOT GUARANTEE that you will get into the ellipse. It is completely random! Which I think sucks. I truely wish they kept the first come, first served procedure like last tour.
They do divide the lines up into non and fan club line. They have let the fan club line (which tends to be shorter than the non fan club line but doesn't mean you have a better chance of getting into the ellipse) in first with the non following but that depends on the venue staff.
Being that it is random as far as being scanned for the ellipse one line doesn't get a better chance than the other. The computer randomly scans the number codes on the tickets and then either you get in or not.

I'm part of the fan club, but for the upcoming Pittsburgh concert, I will be getting tickets from eBay or craigslist (which are not fan club tickets to my knowledge). Would I just go to the regular GA line or the fan club GA line?

Re: Re: Re: Fan Club Fan Club Fan Club at the Shows

Y2K said:

I'm part of the fan club, but for the upcoming Pittsburgh concert, I will be getting tickets from eBay or craigslist (which are not fan club tickets to my knowledge). Would I just go to the regular GA line or the fan club GA line?

you can go to the fan club line if you like. You just have to show them your u2.com membership card (which very few have including myself) or a printout of your u2.com profile. Again, as I mentioned being in that line doesn't guarantee anything, i.e. better odds of getting scanned into the ellipse. The only difference between the two lines is that the fan club line tends to be a little shorter than the non-fan club line.

hope that helps...:wink:

the fan club line is not usually shorter than the non fan club line, UNLESS you get there later in the day. Think about, the people willing to get there earliest are probably fan club members. So the fan club line starts out longer but then ends up shorter at the end of the day.

the lines go in simultaneously.
supposedly (its been said in passing in interviews) the fan club ticket (regardless of what line you are in) has a slightly better chance to get in but there is no way to prove that.

Also, the line that forms outside (the unofficial line) is only one line, so the 2 lines only come into play after you enter the building.

GretzkyU2Yanks said:
the fan club line is not usually shorter than the non fan club line, UNLESS you get there later in the day. Think about, the people willing to get there earliest are probably fan club members. So the fan club line starts out longer but then ends up shorter at the end of the day.

the lines go in simultaneously.
supposedly (its been said in passing in interviews) the fan club ticket (regardless of what line you are in) has a slightly better chance to get in but there is no way to prove that.

Also, the line that forms outside (the unofficial line) is only one line, so the 2 lines only come into play after you enter the building.

for most venues the single unofficial line is split before you enter the building not after. There may be a few venues that do it this way but its not the case for every show.

usually the lines go in simultaneously like you said but I was at two shows where they let the fan club line in first then the non fan club line.

So basically, anyone curious of how the GA line procedure works needs to take into account all situations mentioned here and and in previous threads. cuz it can go either way or not. Just be prepared for anything.

yeah outside, inside. I just meant as it was getting close to going in. there wont be 2 different lines at 8 AM when you get there (other than Boston) was my point.

That is the best advice, be prepared for it to go anyway.

tackleberry said:

I got scanned into the ellipse twice being in the Non-Fan Club line. I've never seen the Fan Club line get let in first. I've always seen the lines go in simultaneously and half the time the lines moved at an equal pace. In Milwaukee there was one HUGE line and then as you got past the front gate they directed people towards the non fan club or fan club line, but by then it didn't matter. It ALL depends on the venue.

Question for the Fan Club line experts.... I have my lovely metal U2.com membership card but am attending the show with a small group of non members.... can I have them in line with me? or is this line exclusive for card holding members

tbird said:
Question for the Fan Club line experts.... I have my lovely metal U2.com membership card but am attending the show with a small group of non members.... can I have them in line with me? or is this line exclusive for card holding members

Just print out your profile and give it to whomever.

The lineups are quite silly. I'm a fan club member and went in the fan club line. But there was only one attendent taking tickets for fan club line, and there were two attendants for the non-fan club line. So essentially, everybody got in at the same time.

The ticket scanning process sucks. I hate it. It's so nerve-racking .... bring back first-come-first-serve, please.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen security turn someone away because they are in the wrong line. I get the impression they don't even check most of the time :|

bonosloveslave said:
I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen security turn someone away because they are in the wrong line. I get the impression they don't even check most of the time :|
They almost didn't accept my Zootopia profile in Boston in May. Security there is fan-friendly to a fault! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom