Fall 2005 tour dates on Monday! Ex propaganda members presale on tueday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ckonanz

The Fly
Just got this email!

Dear u2.com subscriber

It's official!

On Monday the new North American dates for U2's Vertigo//2005 tour will be
announced. The tour will stay in North America right up to the end of 2005.

As promised in Larry's letter last month, we have worked to improve the system,
to look after former Propaganda subscribers and those U2.Com Subscribers who
have not yet been able to buy tickets for the tour. This will still be on a
first come, first served basis and though we can't guarantee that you'll get
the ticket you're looking for, this time remember you'll only be competing
against other former propaganda members for tickets on the first day.

As a former Propaganda subscriber with an unused code, you will be able to use
your code to buy 2 PAIRS OF TICKETS FOR TWO SHOWS OF YOUR CHOICE (4 tickets in
total) in the pre-sale for the Fall leg.

You will find your UNIQUE PRESALE CODE in the red box on the right hand side of
the home page of the Subscribers site when you log in.

Dates and cities for this new leg of the tour will be officially announced on
Monday, March 7th. We will post the information in the Subscribers area of U2.
Com on Sunday night - along with the information you will need to buy tickets
in the presale.

There will be two separate presale periods open to U2.Com Subscribers, each
lasting three days. One begins this next Tuesday, March 8th, one the following
Tuesday, March 15th. The first day of each presale will only be open to former
Propaganda subscribers. (Please check in the Subscribers area for information
on which presales cover which shows).

It's no secret that the presale to the opening leg of the Vertigo Tour failed
many fans. This new system should enable as many subscribers as possible to get
tickets for the new shows. Again, you will not be competing for tickets with
anyone else but yourselves.

And don't forget no one can enter the pre sale until Tuesday, don't try to go
in earlier, you will be disappointed.

Again, we can't guarantee to give you the ticket you want, and we can't satisfy
everyone but we are doing our best to give you a fair shot.

And this time around there are more shows, we have been allocated greater
capacity for U2.Com Subscribers.

Thanks for your patience and your support.

Best wishes

The U2.Com Team.

ckonanz said:

As a former Propaganda subscriber with an unused code, you will be able to use
your code to buy 2 PAIRS OF TICKETS FOR TWO SHOWS OF YOUR CHOICE (4 tickets in
total) in the pre-sale for the Fall leg.

This part stuck out for me...

On a personal note, not that anyone cares, I hope the Atlanta presale is next week cause this Tuesday is just plain sucky for me.

Justice is served. Thank you U2, U2.com, and Prop (from a ticketless former Prop member).

Got my email this morning too :wave:

Tickets to 2 shows..... oh yeaaah! Now if we can actually get 'em!

That's great. But what's even greater for me is this part in the email I received.

As a former Propaganda member who purchased tickets in the earlier presale, we are now re-enabling your presale code and offering you the opportunity to buy A PAIR OF TICKETS for one of the shows in the Fall leg.

I'll be able to buy another pair in the presale...woo hoo.

I knew that all the trouble I went through to get my Prop Code would pay off.:laugh:

ramblin rose said:
That's great. But what's even greater for me is this part in the email I received.

As a former Propaganda member who purchased tickets in the earlier presale, we are now re-enabling your presale code and offering you the opportunity to buy A PAIR OF TICKETS for one of the shows in the Fall leg.

I knew that all the trouble I went through to get my Prop Code would pay off.:laugh:
That is great news! When I read my email stating that those with unused codes could buy two tickets to TWO shows I was hoping they would also enable those who had already used their codes to buy two more tickets. It just wouldn't be fair if they didn't. Plus, it would be sure to set off another round of bashing by the haters around here.

hmm..I wasn't a propaganda member but I joined in January of this year and I got an email saying that

As a U2.Com Subscriber with an unused code from the presale last time, this is to let you know that your unique code will enable you to buy A PAIR OF TICKETS for any one show for the Fall leg.

at least I can buy for one show!! It kinda sucks that the sales are so soon because my dad just spent a ton of money on airfare and hotel for our Dublin show! I don't work (I'm 15) so I hope I can convince him to buy more tix this week!:ohmy:

Ok, so now it all makes sense to me why some people could still see their codes and why some all of a sudden had them disappear:

1) If you're a former Prop member with an unused code you can buy 2 pairs to 2 shows.

2) If you're a former Prop member with an used code you can still buy an additional pair.

3) If you're a U2.com subscriber with unused code you can buy 1 pair to 1 show.

4) No new u2.com members got a code and their will be more shows.

I hope this presale goes better. Now to decide what show to buy for.:crazy:

Edited to say:

I didn't read the fine print, the Propaganda presale takes place a day before the presale for regular u2.com members. Wow, that is fantastic, there should be no problem getting tickets this time.

Last edited:
prisz25 said:
YAY!!! I CAN"T WAIT TILL MONDAY....This means I probably won't sleep Sunday night.:dancing:
The email says that the 3rd leg dates will be posted in the subscriber's area of U2.com on Sunday night so no waiting until Monday.

A second chance

ramblin rose said:

I received the same email. Isn't it great! I screamed and jumped up and down like a little girl when I read it. Good thing my roommate isn't here right now. She'd think I was nuts or something. This is awesome news after a rough week. And somebody's looking out for me because I'm already off work next Tuesday and have a "Wellness Day" that I can use the following Tuesday if necessary. :wink:

See ya in the presale. :happy:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
so am i correct if i say that no new u2.com members will have access to the presale?
That's the way I take it. Also anyone that used their code on the first leg can't participate. I was lucky enuf to get good tics on the first presale so would just like to say: Good luck to you all!

As someone who got nosebleed tix in the presales, I still get screwed. :sad:

Zootomic said:

The email says that the 3rd leg dates will be posted in the subscriber's area of U2.com on Sunday night so no waiting until Monday.

EVEN BETTER!!!! :dancing:

The answer to this question may be obvious, but not to me. Where is the "Subscriber's Section" of U2.com?? I haven't been able to find it. Please help me out. How do I access this. (Yes. I am a U2.com member.)

Knuckle said:
The answer to this question may be obvious, but not to me. Where is the "Subscriber's Section" of U2.com?? I haven't been able to find it. Please help me out. How do I access this. (Yes. I am a U2.com member.)

You have to log on to u2.com, once you are logged in you are in the subscribers section and will see content only available to subscribers.

If you are looking for your code it is posted in the red box to the right that you see after you sign in.

Let's hope someone can find the page with the dates before Sunday night, like they did for the first announcement.:hyper:

ramblin rose said:

You have to log on to u2.com, once you are logged in you are in the subscribers section and will see content only available to subscribers.

If you are looking for your code it is posted in the red box to the right that you see after you sign in.

Thank you very much.

ramblin rose said:

Okay I have a question regarding this....

I was a former Prop member (got my discounted U2.com membership and everything without any trouble).
I DID use my presale code to buy tickets for the first leg.
The only emails I got from U2.com this morning were: 1) the one that presumably went out to every U2.com subscriber saying that those who didn't use their code to get tickets would have another chance.
2) the one that presumably went out to former Prop members saying "As a former Propaganda subscriber with an unused code, you will be able to use your code to buy 2 PAIRS OF TICKETS FOR TWO SHOWS OF YOUR CHOICE (4 tickets in total) in the pre-sale for the Fall leg."

At no point in the email did it say "As a former Propaganda member who purchased tickets in the earlier presale, we are now re-enabling your presale code and offering you the opportunity to buy A PAIR OF TICKETS for one of the shows in the Fall leg." So I am just sort of confused as to whether I will be able to purchase any in the presale because shoudn't I have gotten that message?

U2morrow said:

Okay I have a question regarding this....

I was a former Prop member (got my discounted U2.com membership and everything without any trouble).
I DID use my presale code to buy tickets for the first leg.
The only emails I got from U2.com this morning were: 1) the one that presumably went out to every U2.com subscriber saying that those who didn't use their code to get tickets would have another chance.
2) the one that presumably went out to former Prop members saying "As a former Propaganda subscriber with an unused code, you will be able to use your code to buy 2 PAIRS OF TICKETS FOR TWO SHOWS OF YOUR CHOICE (4 tickets in total) in the pre-sale for the Fall leg."

At no point in the email did it say "As a former Propaganda member who purchased tickets in the earlier presale, we are now re-enabling your presale code and offering you the opportunity to buy A PAIR OF TICKETS for one of the shows in the Fall leg." So I am just sort of confused as to whether I will be able to purchase any in the presale because shoudn't I have gotten that message?

I received 2 emails, the first is the one you point out as #1, the 2nd says the part you discuss in your second paragraph.

Are you sure you didn't receive 2 emails (they both say something different). It seems they are sending out 3 different emails depending on your situation.

Looks like I'm fucked once again. I'm a former Prop member and I only recieved the email about the u2.com subscriber with an unused code can by 1 pair of tickets. I contacted fanfire and they had no information about it and couldn't answer any my question about why I didn't recieve the Prop member letter. I am losing my patience with U2.

ramblin rose said:

I received 2 emails, the first is the one you point out as #1, the 2nd says the part you discuss in your second paragraph.

Are you sure you didn't receive 2 emails (they both say something different). It seems they are sending out 3 different emails depending on your situation.

I did receive 2 emails but not the one you mention. One says: As a former Propaganda subscriber with an unused code, you will be able to use your code to buy 2 PAIRS OF TICKETS FOR TWO SHOWS OF YOUR CHOICE (4 tickets in total) in the pre-sale for the Fall leg.

and the other says: As a U2.Com Subscriber with an unused code from the presale last time, this is to let you know that your unique code will enable you to buy A PAIR OF TICKETS for any one show for the Fall leg.

Just sort of weird since I did use my code last time. But I suppose I won't worry about it until I actually try using it next week.

U2morrow said:

I did receive 2 emails but not the one you mention. One says: As a former Propaganda subscriber with an unused code, you will be able to use your code to buy 2 PAIRS OF TICKETS FOR TWO SHOWS OF YOUR CHOICE (4 tickets in total) in the pre-sale for the Fall leg.

and the other says: As a U2.Com Subscriber with an unused code from the presale last time, this is to let you know that your unique code will enable you to buy A PAIR OF TICKETS for any one show for the Fall leg.

Just sort of weird since I did use my code last time. But I suppose I won't worry about it until I actually try using it next week.

You're just lucky!!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom