Fall 2005 tour dates on Monday! Ex propaganda members presale on tueday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a Prop renewal subscription and used that code. I received the email saying I could purchase one pair of tickets. My wife signed up for another membership and we used that code as well, but we received an email saying we'll be able to use that as well. Nice!

Good luck to everybody.

I am a former Prop member who used my code already. I got 2 emails that contain the following....

1.) Sent Saturday, March 5, 2005 2:41 AM
As a U2.Com Subscriber with an unused code from the presale last time, this is to let you know that your unique code will enable you to buy A PAIR OF TICKETS for any one :eyebrow: show for the Fall leg.

There will be two separate presale periods for U2.Com Subscribers, each lasting two days. One takes place this next Wednesday and Thursday (March 9th/10th) and one takes place the following Wednesday and Thursday (March 16th/17th). Please log into the Subscribers area on Sunday night for information on which presales cover which shows.

2.) Sent Saturday, March 5, 2005 5:59 AM
As a former Propaganda member who purchased tickets in the earlier presale, we are now re-enabling your presale code and offering you the opportunity to buy A PAIR OF TICKETS for one of the shows in the Fall leg.

There will be two separate presale periods open to U2.Com Subscribers, each lasting three days. One begins this next Tuesday :hyper: , March 8th, one the following Tuesday, March 15th. The first day of each presale will only be open to former Propaganda subscribers. (Please check in the Subscribers area for information on which presales cover which shows).

Does this mean I get a chance at 4 tickets total???

I'm just extremely thankful that they re-enabled the codes!!!

Last edited:
This is good news, and, seems to be a "fair" solution, as Propaganda members were promised to be first in line. Of course, no solution is going to leave everyone feeling 100% satisfied. Let's hope this works better than the last presale!

So is this just open to Nth American Prop members?
I dont think i have had an email not that its any good for me!!

Well U2 what are you doing for European Propaganda members???
Are we getting another leg with re activated codes??:eyebrow:

Do you think that they will give us access to multiple shows for the same city during the presale.

I woule like to go to 2 Toronto shows. However, I remember that during the first leg presale only one show per city was available, as additional shows got added after the first show sold out.

Am I the only former Propaganda member who never got the original discount U2.com membership code? I have sent them emails which they do not respond to. I am sitting here looking at my Propaganda magazines. I was a member in good standing and now I am getting screwed by U2.com again. Anybody else have this issue?

ChangeTheTemperature said:
Do you think that they will give us access to multiple shows for the same city during the presale.

I woule like to go to 2 Toronto shows. However, I remember that during the first leg presale only one show per city was available, as additional shows got added after the first show sold out.

I think we'll have to wait and see what happens. On the first leg, the added shows weren't available via pre-sale.

I would have liked to have seen them go back to the snail mail system. In the Propaganda days, when making the selections, I used to always write a note saying they could substitute my request for any added dates at the same venue, and this always worked in my favor. But with it happening online, this is no longer an option.

However, because the first leg ticket sales were so problematic, I think there's a good chance that they might, from the outset, make multiple dates in a city available at the presale. This would help reduce the demand for each particular date, as well as increase the chance that more people will be satisfied with their tickets.

I hope this runs more smoothy than the first leg sales. But it is very gratifying to see them at least trying to run things better.

Savi424 said:
Am I the only former Propaganda member who never got the original discount U2.com membership code? I have sent them emails which they do not respond to. I am sitting here looking at my Propaganda magazines. I was a member in good standing and now I am getting screwed by U2.com again. Anybody else have this issue?
No, you weren't the only one. There are several threads here discussing this issue. They have kind of dropped to the back burner so you will probably have to look several pages back to find them but you should definitely look there because people had posted names of helpful contacts, phone numbers, and email addresses that worked for them. Unfortunately, it may already be too late to do something about it, though.

although I am a former propaganda member, i didn't get shit from them and ended up paying the full u2.com membership fee. Fine.

So even though i am a u2.com member that spent $40 for it, does that mean that just b/c I'm not a propaganda member that I can't do the pre-sale? I participated in the last pre-sale for Chicago tickets, so am I not allowed to do another pre-sale? I did not receive any emails today about this, so I assume I can't be in the pre-sale.

huskies said:
However, because the first leg ticket sales were so problematic, I think there's a good chance that they might, from the outset, make multiple dates in a city available at the presale.
It would be nice but I doubt it will happen. I don't think they can sell tickets to these shows until they are officially announced and they probably can't contractually announce them until the first shows sell out.

I think one of the reasons they are putting these October - December shows on sale so early is so that the rest of the shows can be announced and they can officially book the arenas.

While my code was never used in an actual purchase the last time around, it was eventually blocked and I was unable to keep looking for tickets. I complained to Ticketmaster and eventually received the email and phone call that allowed me to pick up GAs.

My recent email says that my code was unused, so apparently they reset it back when I complained before, and it's lot listed as being used.

Does that mean I can get 2 sets of tickets now?

Don't even know if I can afford 4 tix but it would be nice to contemplate.

laz

I also got 2 e-mails.

One telling me I am a Prop subscriber with an unused code allowing me to purchase 2 pairs of tickets.

Another telling me I have an unused code allowing me to buy a pair.

I am not sure what my strategy is at this point. I'm going to look at the released dates. If I can catch a show in Buffalo/Detroit/Montreal on a weekend, I will use up one pair on Toronto, one pair on one of those cities. If not, I hope I can get 4 GAs to Toronto night 1 and then trade around for night 2.

We'll see. But yay!

anitram said:
I also got 2 e-mails.

One telling me I am a Prop subscriber with an unused code allowing me to purchase 2 pairs of tickets.

Another telling me I have an unused code allowing me to buy a pair.

I am not sure what my strategy is at this point. I'm going to look at the released dates. If I can catch a show in Buffalo/Detroit/Montreal on a weekend, I will use up one pair on Toronto, one pair on one of those cities. If not, I hope I can get 4 GAs to Toronto night 1 and then trade around for night 2.

We'll see. But yay!

You might want to have a fallback plan. I'm not sure you'll be able to buy the 4 tickets to only one show. I suppose you could try and it might work, but you might want to scope out the other dates also just in case.

So prop members who used their code can use them again? They were reset? :confused:

I hope my U2.com code still works, I never used it but I called so many times and complained to ticketmaster who knows what they did :eyebrow: Is there a way to check?

one4u2 said:
So prop members who used their code can use them again? They were reset? :confused:

I hope my U2.com code still works, I never used it but I called so many times and complained to ticketmaster who knows what they did :eyebrow: Is there a way to check?

Have you received an email saying that as a Prop member who didn't use their code you can get 2 pairs to 2 shows? or Prop members who did use them can still get 1 pair to 1 show.

Those are basically the 2 emails that were sent out to prop members.

When you sign in to u2.com can you still see your code? if you can you should be in good shape.

ramblin rose said:

When you sign in to u2.com can you still see your code? if you can you should be in good shape.

:up:

People whos codes were used don't show up on U2.com do they?

one4u2 said:

:up:

People whos codes were used don't show up on U2.com do they?

That's what I've been able to determine. I've been obsessed with this whole code thing since last week when I started seeing the codes disappearing for people who had already used them.

Yeah, ramblin rose, I wish they'd allow us to buy all dates at once, but there is no telling whether they'll put out the Toronto dates on sale or just the first night. That blows all kinds of chunks for me, because I don't want to take much time off.

No complaints from me, though, as long as we can have a decent and reasonable shot at tickets this time.

Well, I guess it's fair, but I can't help but being a bit dissapointed. I was a Prop member, but I think the last issue was my fourth one, so my membership was expired. But the only reason I didn't renew it was because I couldn't, since Prop dissapeared.

So I had to pay 40$ and not 20$ for U2.com, which I think is fair because my membership was expired. But now I have to say that the fact that Prop members can now buy 4 tickets AND one day in advance than the rest of us is worrying. I'm worried that there will simply be no more good tickets available for us on Wednesday.

It would have been nice if people who used to be Prop members like myself could have been included in that too. Or that the extra pair you guys will be able to purchase in the pre-sale would be AFTER we get a chance. Now I feel many of us will end up with no tickets, while some others will have two pairs of GAs.

Oh well... I guess they're doing what they can.

anitram said:
I

We'll see. But yay!

Well, we'll know for sure tomorrow night but rumour has it that the Montreal date is set for November. I had thought of getting GA's for Montreal too but there's no way I'd want to line up all day in the middle of November in Montreal!

Yeah, if the Montreal date really is in November it's going to be BRUTAL to wait in line all day. Although it might also have a big discouraging effect for people less motivated, and the line might not start as early. Like you could feasibly get there in the afternoon and still get a good spot.

That's what I'm hoping. I'm still going to try for some GAs.

Hmm... I used my code for the presale for the 2nd leg of the tour (GA's Twickenham) and am a non-prop member. Now when I log into U2.com I have no code and have not recieved any e-mails. Do I have a shot at the presale?

truepatriotlove said:
Hmm... I used my code for the presale for the 2nd leg of the tour (GA's Twickenham) and am a non-prop member. Now when I log into U2.com I have no code and have not recieved any e-mails. Do I have a shot at the presale?

All non-prop members only get to use their code once. If you used it on the first two legs of the tour, you're done as far as pre-sale goes.

ladywithspinninghead said:

Well, we'll know for sure tomorrow night but rumour has it that the Montreal date is set for November. I had thought of getting GA's for Montreal too but there's no way I'd want to line up all day in the middle of November in Montreal!

Yeah, really not looking forward to that. Toronto in mid-September is usually blessed with beautiful weather. I hoped we'd get 3 shows, as some US cities are getting close to 10, for God's sake, but if it's only 2, I may have an itch to scratch and end up going to Buffalo too.

norsehorse23 said:
so non prop members who used their code are left out of the presale entirely????
If you used your code you weren't left out. It looks like they are now letting former Prop members use the code twice for two tickets to two shows but non-Prop members get to use their code once. You used your code so you don't get to use it again.

Back
Top Bottom