Extra dates in addition?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How is it that N. America and the U.S. in general gets ripped on in these threads everytime? If you lived in Europe, in areas they played, their were more tickets available to purchase to see them than there were here. :shrug: Yet we are the ones that are considered spoiled and you guys deserved more? I agree they are very popular in Europe and they probably could play more shows to meet market demand. They could play more here as well though (in fact they were tentatively planning on it for awhile :shrug: ) Yet you have right to complain and we are spoiled brats? Sorry, but thats BS.

I also dont understand the statement thats its tougher for U2 to get noticed in the U.S. :huh: They just won a Grammy for Album of the year!! :laugh: The album prior to that was also nominated for album of the year. They sell millions of records here whenever they put on album.

If it wasnt extremely profitable (or more profitable) to play N. America and if U2 didnt enjoy being here they wouldnt be doing it. Its that simple. You can complain we are spoiled etc. But obviously U2 dont think so and thats all that really matters.

I agree that they do exclude some potential markets. But here is the thing. If it was profitable to go to some of those places and there was a market for it, they would be going there. Again, its that simple. :shrug:

I think alot of people seem to forget that it is a business. U2 have alot of people that rely on them doing well and being profitable so they can earn a living and provide for their families. An artist of U2's stature should never have to pay to play. Honestly, I dont think they should play anyplace where they dont at a minimum break even. Even that, if you were their financial advisor running a business, you would advise against doing it. Or to have other shows subsidize a leg of a tour is also ridiculous if you are running a business.

Blue Room said:
How is it that N. America and the U.S. in general gets ripped on in these threads everytime? If you lived in Europe, in areas they played, their were more tickets available to purchase to see them than there were here. :shrug: Yet we are the ones that are considered spoiled and you guys deserved more? I agree they are very popular in Europe and they probably could play more shows to meet market demand. They could play more here as well though (in fact they were tentatively planning on it for awhile :shrug: ) Yet you have right to complain and we are spoiled brats? Sorry, but thats BS.

I also dont understand the statement thats its tougher for U2 to get noticed in the U.S. :huh: They just won a Grammy for Album of the year!! :laugh: The album prior to that was also nominated for album of the year. They sell millions of records here whenever they put on album.

If it wasnt extremely profitable (or more profitable) to play N. America and if U2 didnt enjoy being here they wouldnt be doing it. Its that simple. You can complain we are spoiled etc. But obviously U2 dont think so and thats all that really matters.

I agree that they do exclude some potential markets. But here is the thing. If it was profitable to go to some of those places and there was a market for it, they would be going there. Again, its that simple. :shrug:

I think alot of people seem to forget that it is a business. U2 have alot of people that rely on them doing well and being profitable so they can earn a living and provide for their families. An artist of U2's stature should never have to pay to play. Honestly, I dont think they should play anyplace where they dont at a minimum break even. Even that, if you were their financial advisor running a business, you would advise against doing it. Or to have other shows subsidize a leg of a tour is also ridiculous if you are running a business.

Maybe because you get more shows than everyone else combined?

If you don't think US is spoiled big time, wow. Would you like more than 80 shows, maybe a third leg?
Yes, I think Europe deserved more shows, since a large portion of it gets skipped all the time. How about ROW besides Australia, Japan, New Zealand?

I was obviously referring to US charts. U2 hasn't had a top 10 hit in US since 1997. I thought they also sell lots of albums in Europe and ROW. :laugh:

I know it's a business and that most likely U2 doesn't want to play and not make money. That said, it wouldn't kill them to play, say, 15 or so shows in places like rest of Europe, visit Asia finally.
If they could travel with their most expensive tour to S. America and Australia, visit some new countries in Europe, why can't they do it now when they make so much money on tour?

I think they made lots of money, just with Elevation and Popmart, they were expensive to cover for Zoo tv. But Vertigo gave them even more. SO, it's not like they are starving and have nothing to eat like Bono's favourite Africans. They have a lot. So they can afford to do, in let's say 100 shows per tour, few, even 10 shows where they have minor losses in accounts or are even.

U2girl said:

Maybe because you get more shows than everyone else combined?

If you don't think US is spoiled big time, wow. Would you like more than 80 shows, maybe a third leg?
Yes, I think Europe deserved more shows, since a large portion of it gets skipped all the time. How about ROW besides Australia, Japan, New Zealand?

I was obviously referring to US charts. U2 hasn't had a top 10 hit in US since 1997. I thought they also sell lots of albums in Europe and ROW. :laugh:

I know it's a business and that most likely U2 doesn't want to play and not make money. That said, it wouldn't kill them to play, say, 15 or so shows in places like rest of Europe, visit Asia finally.
If they could travel with their most expensive tour to S. America and Australia, visit some new countries in Europe, why can't they do it now when they make so much money on tour?

More shows, but not more tickets. Its not our fault they choose to play arenas here versus stadiums. :shrug: I'm not saying the U.S. Isnt spoiled. We get our fair share. But so does Europe. The people that have legitimate gripes are places like Australia and S. America (at least prior to the 4th leg). Obviously there is a fan base and they get ignored alot of the time. But for Europeans to say we are spoiled and they have a right to complain in comparison to that over the U.S. is utterly ridiculous to me.

:laugh: They dont sell singles in the U.S. any longer. So having a hit single on the POP charts isnt as big of a deal. Its about album sales here, which U2 does very well with. Also, they do chart consistantly on Rock single charts. Also their videos always chart on the VH-1 countdowns here also. They soldout every single show here and sold millions of albums. I guess that translates to they are not popular here and have to struggle for attention in the U.S. :shrug: :huh:

I think the problem here is that everyone is looking at this from the emotional sentimental perspective. I can understand the feelings there. But if you like at it from a logical, reasonable, financial and logistical perspective. Going to alot of those areas doesnt make sense for them to do. Also, how do you know they havent checked into doing some of them and found there wasnt a market for them to go there? You dont. Also, I can see them maybe doing A show where they may lose or break even, IE like the Sarajevo show on Popmart. Difference there is they were already in Europe. So transporting the gear there was not as big of a hassle logistically. But to suggest they should go to different continents and play whole legs in countries that would not be profitable IS ridiculous. Sorry.

not to beat a dead horse... but the concerts here in the US sold out in alot less time than the ones in europe, some in literally 2 minutes. even when they played stadiums, they were gone in less than an hour. given that demand, it wouldn't financially kill them to play some more shows. but, i know, seeing that msg, and nj got about 10 shows from this tour, some of us have had our fill. although a nice show in front of 70,000 people at giants stadium would be a nice way to top things off. i agree, it would be cool to see them play some exotic place like southeast asia, and even if you are anti-commie, china. africa needs a show or two, but given the relative insecurity in alot of those countries, it may not be a good idea. fact of the matter is they play where they can break even or make a profit, the only exception i know is the sarajevo concert for popmart.

U2FanPeter said:
I'm blown away that they sold all tickets to Europe/S.A/Mexico and Down under at full retail u2 worldwide price.

u2fp

Yes, we have real currency here in Australia. We even speak English :|

blueeyedgirl said:

Yes, we have real currency here in Australia. We even speak English :|

Springsteen had to undercut his "normal" US ticket price when he visited Australia in 2003. I believe it was Aus$75 when it was US$75 everywhere else in the world.

Trying...hard...to...restrain...myself...

Whoops...couldn't. Some Americans come off as "we are the world" the other places we've heard of, but who cares...

So if you think you're being hard done by from people outside the US, maybe it's because of the "vibe" given off by (maybe a minority, but very vocal) America.

There it is.

Before you say I hate America and Americans, I don't. There's just a small part of American attitude I can't stand....

swirling_eddy said:
Trying...hard...to...restrain...myself...

Whoops...couldn't. Some Americans come off as "we are the world" the other places we've heard of, but who cares...

So if you think you're being hard done by from people outside the US, maybe it's because of the "vibe" given off by (maybe a minority, but very vocal) America.

There it is.

Before you say I hate America and Americans, I don't. There's just a small part of American attitude I can't stand....

I see, so because you dont like the attitude of a few Americans that makes it OK to rip on the U.S. in these threads? :huh: Also, big picture, shouldnt you get mad at U2 and their management who CHOSE to play so many shows here? How is it our fault they CHOOSE to do so many shows here exactly?

I could say the same thing about some Europeans that you are about us. Some convey just as much of an attitude as any American does. But I dont think its representative of all Europeans and certainly not European U2 fans. I certainly dont think that Europe deserves to be ripped on as a result???

I guess I just dont get the point of your post or what you think it is accomplishing in this thread. Like there is an excuse for ripping on the U.S. in all these threads?

Blue Room said:

I see, so because you dont like the attitude of a few Americans that makes it OK to rip on the U.S. in these threads? :huh: Also, big picture, shouldnt you get mad at U2 and their management who CHOSE to play so many shows here? How is it our fault they CHOOSE to do so many shows here exactly?

I could say the same thing about some Europeans that you are about us. Some convey just as much of an attitude as any American does. But I dont think its representative of all Europeans and certainly not European U2 fans. I certainly dont think that Europe deserves to be ripped on as a result???

I guess I just dont get the point of your post or what you think it is accomplishing in this thread. Like there is an excuse for ripping on the U.S. in all these threads?

Blue Room has a point here swirling_eddy. It's not America's fault U2 chose to play two legs in their country. That decision was down to U2 & their Management.

I'm from the UK and I moved out to Oz at the end of 2001 and I'm still here. Up until then I had seen U2 many times as they always toured in the UK, except for Lovetown, when I had to travel to Dublin to see them. I knew everytime U2 toured, I get to see them as many times as my money would allow. Now I'm in Oz, I can appreciate how frustrating it is that some bands, not just U2, do not always choose to play here on every tour.

I hadn't missed a U2 tour since The Unforgettable Fire tour and at one point, I honestly thought that I would not get to see them on the Vertigo tour. Financially, I could of travelled if I wanted to (friends even got me tickets for the Twickenham & Dublin shows), but family stuff here just didn't allow me to travel this time around. I was obviously extremely happy that they scheduled shows here and although we now have to wait until November, at least they are still coming (we hope!).

People on here (the U2 community) are fans of the band, and there is nothing wrong in anyone saying that they hope U2 go back to a particular place and do some more shows. In reality, it's highly unlikely that U2 will play anywhere in the States or Europe before they tour the next album. But there is no harm at all in anyone saying what they would like to see. Lets face it, if it was up to most people on here, U2 would be on tour all year, every year!!!

Blue Room said:

Just let us say that the continual appearance of these sorts of threads where some Americans continually seek the assurance that more US dates will be added to the tour to be somewhat irritating to the rest of us and downright offensive even. And yes, I know it's U2 and their management who make these decisions. And don't think that if I had the misfortune to meet any of them in 2001 that I wouldn't have ripped them a new arsehole over how they fucked Australia over in 2001. As it stands, there is no confirmation that the rest of this tour will actually happen (we have Bono's word that November is the month, and we all know what Bono's word is worth :rolleyes: ). And that's not even considering Asia, Eastern Europe, and all the countries U2 has never even considered playing.

So less of the condescension please.

Blue Room said:

More shows, but not more tickets. Its not our fault they choose to play arenas here versus stadiums. :shrug: I'm not saying the U.S. Isnt spoiled. We get our fair share. But so does Europe. The people that have legitimate gripes are places like Australia and S. America (at least prior to the 4th leg). Obviously there is a fan base and they get ignored alot of the time. But for Europeans to say we are spoiled and they have a right to complain in comparison to that over the U.S. is utterly ridiculous to me.

:laugh: They dont sell singles in the U.S. any longer. So having a hit single on the POP charts isnt as big of a deal. Its about album sales here, which U2 does very well with. Also, they do chart consistantly on Rock single charts. Also their videos always chart on the VH-1 countdowns here also. They soldout every single show here and sold millions of albums. I guess that translates to they are not popular here and have to struggle for attention in the U.S. :shrug: :huh:

I think the problem here is that everyone is looking at this from the emotional sentimental perspective. I can understand the feelings there. But if you like at it from a logical, reasonable, financial and logistical perspective. Going to alot of those areas doesnt make sense for them to do. Also, how do you know they havent checked into doing some of them and found there wasnt a market for them to go there? You dont. Also, I can see them maybe doing A show where they may lose or break even, IE like the Sarajevo show on Popmart. Difference there is they were already in Europe. So transporting the gear there was not as big of a hassle logistically. But to suggest they should go to different continents and play whole legs in countries that would not be profitable IS ridiculous. Sorry.

It's not our fault either U2 hasn't played stadiums in US since Popmart. Yes, we got more tickets, but compare the setlists and the amount of space not played in US vs space not played in Europe. Compare the amount of hit singles, population...I think, and you agreed, Europe could/should have gotten more shows.

I don't see how getting 2 legs and more shows than anyone else is not being spoiled. Last but not least, it's tiring to keep seeing "they're coming back in the States" threads. It is ridiculous from anyone with 80 shows guaranteed to look down at others and say "do not complain".

Well, it's true Australia got skipped in 2001, that said they got UF tour, Lovetown, Zoo TV, Popmart and most likely Vertigo. I agree, S. American fans and above all Asian fans have a right to complain.

:laugh: Having a single is a big deal enough to U2, as they promote their first singles. Who said anything about album sales and selling out shows (like that was ever a problem Europe and ROW)?

I don't know, maybe they have thought about it, maybe not. But I don't see why, with ticket prices going up all the time - and I don't think Elevation or Vertigo were as expensive as Popmart - they couldn't play an extra date in the Balkans, a date in Poland or Chech Republic, and one in the Baltic states. Maybe add Moscow, Singapore, Taiwan - whichever the profitable Asian countries are. (if the Stones can do it...) I bet it wouldn't cost as much as it cost getting Popmart into S. America, Israel and South Africa.
It doesn't even have to be a separate leg (who said anything about extra leg?), 10 shows tops tagged to the ROW leg.

blueeyedgirl said:

Just let us say that the continual appearance of these sorts of threads where some Americans continually seek the assurance that more US dates will be added to the tour to be somewhat irritating to the rest of us and downright offensive even. And yes, I know it's U2 and their management who make these decisions. And don't think that if I had the misfortune to meet any of them in 2001 that I wouldn't have ripped them a new arsehole over how they fucked Australia over in 2001. As it stands, there is no confirmation that the rest of this tour will actually happen (we have Bono's word that November is the month, and we all know what Bono's word is worth :rolleyes: ). And that's not even considering Asia, Eastern Europe, and all the countries U2 has never even considered playing.

So less of the condescension please.

Who was being condecending? :huh:

I think you are getting confused on more dates being discussed. Most of that comes from rumors that U2 were coming back to the U.S. (which they were thinking of doing). Again, speculating about something the band was thinking about is a bad thing to do? I just dont see how that makes us ridiculous.

Also, if you read my post, I said Australia does have a legitimate gripe. So I'm not sure why you bring that up in response to my post. :shrug:

U2girl said:

It's not our fault either U2 hasn't played stadiums in US since Popmart. Yes, we got more tickets, but compare the setlists and the amount of space not played in US vs space not played in Europe. Compare the amount of hit singles, population...I think, and you agreed, Europe could/should have gotten more shows.

I don't see how getting 2 legs and more shows than anyone else is not being spoiled. Last but not least, it's tiring to keep seeing "they're coming back in the States" threads. It is ridiculous from anyone with 80 shows guaranteed to look down at others and say "do not complain".

Well, it's true Australia got skipped in 2001, that said they got UF tour, Lovetown, Zoo TV, Popmart and most likely Vertigo. I agree, S. American fans and above all Asian fans have a right to complain.

:laugh: Having a single is a big deal enough to U2, as they promote their first singles. Who said anything about album sales and selling out shows (like that was ever a problem Europe and ROW)?

I don't know, maybe they have thought about it, maybe not. But I don't see why, with ticket prices going up all the time - and I don't think Elevation or Vertigo were as expensive as Popmart - they couldn't play an extra date in the Balkans, a date in Poland or Chech Republic, and one in the Baltic states. Maybe add Moscow, Singapore, Taiwan - whichever the profitable Asian countries are. (if the Stones can do it...) I bet it wouldn't cost as much as it cost getting Popmart into S. America, Israel and South Africa.
It doesn't even have to be a separate leg (who said anything about extra leg?), 10 shows tops tagged to the ROW leg.

Did you read my posts? First, I said the U.S. gets their fair share. I said Europe gets plenty also. That was my point.

HOW, is it OUR fault U2 chooses to play arenas here? My point was that more people were able to see U2 in Europe than were in the U.S. That is a fact. Setlists?????!! Are you kidding me??? HOW on God's earth is it our fault what U2 chooses to play at their shows. :huh: Not to mention that is obviously a completely subjective thing. Some would argue the songs done in Europe was better and the production was better.

Regarding the singles. You didnt say anything about album sales and tickets in your original post. Thats exactly why I pointed it out. U2 does NOT need to struggle to get attention in the U.S. which is exactly what you indicated. That simply is not the case. Thats what I was pointing out because someone was using the singles charts as a sole indicator of U2's popularity here. Its not a major factor here.

Regarding the other regions. ALOT of assumptions in your post. NO facts. If the Stones could do it? U2 are not the Stones. Different production, circumstances, crew, etc... The Stones did not go to some S. American countries on their tour that U2 did. If U2 could do it, The Stones certainly could. Its not the same thing, there are so many factors involved that you are just ignoring.

I'm not going to continue to argue about it. Europe got a good share of shows/tickets available for this tour. More people in Europe could see U2 over anywhere else on the planet. To say they got the shaft is an enormous stretch and is rather ridiculous IMO. U.S. got their fair share also, never said they didnt. :shrug:

Last edited:
I like how everyone is ridicoulus for merely thinking about more shows except when it's the US.

U2girl said:
I like how everyone is ridicoulus for merely thinking about more shows except when it's the US.

:scratch: What? Honestly, I dont even know what that is suppose to mean? Are you suggesting that I said its ridiculous for other areas to want more shows? Never said that. What I said was ridiculous is the bashing the U.S. takes when more shows are speculated and that Europeans think they have a right to complain and the U.S. is spoiled in comparison. I said THAT is ridiculous.

Blue Room said:

I'm not going to continue to argue about it. Europe got a good share of shows/tickets available for this tour. More people in Europe could see U2 over anywhere else on the planet. To say they got the shaft is an enormous stretch and is rather ridiculous IMO. U.S. got their fair share also, never said they didnt. :shrug:

My final thoughts on this matter: So more people in Europe saw the Vertigo tour than did people in the US. Fair enough. There are a few fortunate Interferencers who got to see 20, 30, even 40 shows last year, and good luck to them for having done so. Now I believe they are all American, because the US did have the good fortune to have 80 shows over 2 legs. If you can point me towards an European Interferencer who saw 30 shows, then I will kiss the hem of their garment.

Now I'm staying out of this lousy thread and hope no more equally stupid threads appear.

blueeyedgirl said:

My final thoughts on this matter: So more people in Europe saw the Vertigo tour than did people in the US. Fair enough. There are a few fortunate Interferencers who got to see 20, 30, even 40 shows last year, and good luck to them for having done so. Now I believe they are all American, because the US did have the good fortune to have 80 shows over 2 legs. If you can point me towards an European Interferencer who saw 30 shows, then I will kiss the hem of their garment.

Now I'm staying out of this lousy thread and hope no more equally stupid threads appear.

How dare you bash any fine whiny Americans!!! :madspit:

You meanie! :mad:

:wink:

blueeyedgirl said:

I wasnt going to comment again. But let me get this straight. You think Europeans have a right to complain and say ALL Americans are spoiled because a few Interferencers here went to alot of shows and they are American???? :huh: You know what, I bet you there is a European or two somewhere that went to that many shows also. But here is the thing, what does that have to do with anything we are talking about here? It doesnt. Interference is a majority diehards. We do not represent most of the crowd going to any of the shows. Most people go to 1 show, maximum of two. If you lived in alot areas Europe or the U.S. you easily had the oppurtunity to go to that many shows. Thats my point. Actually, I know a few Europeans that went to around 15 to 17 shows over there. Certainly more than I saw being in the U.S. But what does that matter in the context of what we are talking about?

I guess let the bashing continue. I feel like its beating a dead horse. I have to say though some of the logic that is given as a reason/excuse to bash Americans is amazing to me. Especially considering it is U2 and their management (who are obviously European) that are scheduling the shows!!!

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

:scratch: What? Honestly, I dont even know what that is suppose to mean? Are you suggesting that I said its ridiculous for other areas to want more shows? Never said that. What I said was ridiculous is the bashing the U.S. takes when more shows are speculated and that Europeans think they have a right to complain and the U.S. is spoiled in comparison. I said THAT is ridiculous.

US is spoiled.

I also think no one said Europe is getting shafted, we're just saying they could play some Eastern Europe for once. And Asia. (Africa?) If that's complaining, I think we're more entitled to that than the constant "US is getting stadium shows" posts. The only thing rediculous is Americans wanting more.

You also assumed U2 considered playing places we're talking about. I think Stones, being U2's only competiton when it comes to a live show, are a valid comparison.

I don't know about you, but I think having Crumbs, Fast cars, Walk on, Stuck, First time, Discotheque, various openers and closers beats having Miss Sarajevo, I still haven't found..., WOWY, IWF and closing with Vertigo over 90% of the time.

U2girl said:

US is spoiled.

I also think no one said Europe is getting shafted, we're just saying they could play some Eastern Europe for once. And Asia. (Africa?) If that's complaining, I think we're more entitled to that than the constant "US is getting stadium shows" posts. The only thing rediculous is Americans wanting more.

So any discussion of the rumors about U2 having a US stadium leg is ridiculous? U2 had apparently reserved some dates at stadiums in case they decided to play some stadiums in the US, are you suggesting that nobody should even discuss the possibility of this happening because the US has already had so many shows?

Please.

And if you go back and actually read all of the replies rather than just the parts you want to read, you'll see that in 90% of the posts, by Americans mind you, have said "Well I really hope they go tour the rest of the world first if they do decide to do stadiums in the US"

But hey, I guess any discussion of the possibility is greedy.

Are you going to qoute each other for the rest of your lives?
Americans get more shows, it's not their fault. Shouldn't get another leg, because it's not fair.
Europe must have 2nd leg because u2 is popular here as is in Us.
Rest of the world must have more shows because u2 is popular over there and if few shows aren't profitable they can afford them.

Why are we always bashing eachother? (Americans vs. Europeans and Joshua tree vs. Achtung baby)
Who's guilty? U2's management. They always think about the money so are all people.
But you have to include the factor of age. They aren't as young as they were, so they can't tour 3 years and go round the globe.

Chizip said:

So any discussion of the rumors about U2 having a US stadium leg is ridiculous? U2 had apparently reserved some dates at stadiums in case they decided to play some stadiums in the US, are you suggesting that nobody should even discuss the possibility of this happening because the US has already had so many shows?

Please.

And if you go back and actually read all of the replies rather than just the parts you want to read, you'll see that in 90% of the posts, by Americans mind you, have said "Well I really hope they go tour the rest of the world first if they do decide to do stadiums in the US"

But hey, I guess any discussion of the possibility is greedy.

This is not about banning discussion about US shows (like that's about to happen), but about the condescending attitude of some people who feel the need to go down on anyone merely pointing out others might want some shows too.

It's rather rich from those who get more shows than anyone else to tell some other people "do not complain" or that it's "ridiculous" to suggest visiting places that have never seen U2 before. But apparently a 3rd US leg is a great idea.

99% of Americans all agree and have expressed that they want the rest of the world to have their fill of shows too.

Yet you seem to focus on the 1% that are greedy bastards.

blueeyedgirl said:

If you can point me towards an European Interferencer who saw 30 shows, then I will kiss the hem of their garment.

If you have a look on U2tours.com, in the show review, there's a guy who followed every single european show. :sick: I think he was from Island and his name was Shawn Something...

blueeyedgirl said:

Bring her back !!!
:wink:

U2girl said:

This is not about banning discussion about US shows (like that's about to happen), but about the condescending attitude of some people who feel the need to go down on anyone merely pointing out others might want some shows too.

It's rather rich from those who get more shows than anyone else to tell some other people "do not complain" or that it's "ridiculous" to suggest visiting places that have never seen U2 before. But apparently a 3rd US leg is a great idea.

U2girl you misquote and only take parts of what people say in this thread and this is another example. Whats the deal there? I know what I said about visiting other areas. It wasnt that the suggestion was ridiculous like you just indicated. What I said was to expect U2 to go some place and have to PAY to play is ridiculous. Not the same thing, at all. Certainly if they can make a profit and it works logistically its something they should consider and may have.

Also, who is jumping down anyone for wanting more shows? What I said was that Europeans who got a fair share of shows (IE more tickets, its a fact, I know you dont want to think its a factor, but it is) shouldnt bash or call the U.S. spoiled in comparison. Again, not the same thing as what you just said here. I pointed out the logical reasoning behind why they probably wouldnt go or may not want to go to some of those areas. Apparantly you think that is condescending. I cant help that. Like I said in one of my prior posts (that I'm sure you will half quote or take half of a sentence and use out of context). People are looking at this from the emotional/sentimental perspective and I understand that. I understand people want more shows. What I dont understand is why when a logical explanation is presented as to why U2 are doing what they are doing is put forth it is condescending or I'm somehow saying fans cant wish for shows. I also dont understand why people jump all over Americans for purely speculating that more shows are possible in the U.S. Those are the things I was pointing out.

So, just for clarification and avoidence of further misquoting and taking out of context.

1. I do think its ridiculous for Euro fans to bash Americans for speculating on more shows. Europe got a good share of shows and really dont have a complaint in comparison and I think calling Americans spoiled is a ridiculous stretch from that perspective.
2. Fans can wish for shows, I hope/wish U2 would go to areas where they havent been.
3. I also understand why they dont go to some of those areas and I think it is ridiculous to expect U2 to play in places they would have to pay to play. I certainly dont think pointing that out is condescending and I'm not sorry if you think it is as that is your problem.
4. I never said or assumed U2 looked at playing some of the markets they missed. I said it was a possibility and that you did not know if they had.
5. I think the U.S. did get a fair share of shows. Again, never said we didnt.
6. Using the setlists as reasoning the U.S. is spoiled is so subjective its almost not even worth commenting on.

Lastly, I think Pero's last paragraph in his last post sums up the whole deal. I'm not sure why I even got into it on this thread. But its definately getting old and its definately pointless.

I'm not a fan, but it needs to be brought up.

Bryan Adams has played 72 countries worldwide, about 40 more than U2.

His international career started around the same time as the Irish Fab Four.

I would love to see what Bono/u2 would say if an interviewer asked this question - and it DOES need to be asked.

u2fp

Back
Top Bottom