expectations of a concert.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2phoenix

Babyface
while being a u2 fan for 17 years, i have never had the opportunity to see them live. first concert will be 2nd Chicago (may 9). how would you compare the anticipation of the crowds at u2 concerts compared to others? u2 is awesome on the slane castle dvd, but i can't grasp how it would be to attend a live show.

aside from your wedding day, a graduation day, or the birth of your child, a U2 show is a highlight of a lifetime.

best way to sum it up:
I heard an Elevation bootleg before I ever saw them live, when Bono said before One "If this was your first u2 show...I hope it was the best night of your life." And I was like whooo....slow down Bono, you're going overboard.

After seeing them a week later in D.C....I have to say it was one of the best experiences of my life (and i've had some spectacular times :wink: )

Seeing the band I've loved my whole life for the first time was an amazing experience. And seeing them the second time was just about as good....they are just an amazing live band. Vertigo tour is said to be more of a "spectacle" then the last one, but trust me, if they just got on a normal rectangular stage and play 20 songs, it will be an amazing experience you take home with you, along with a soar throat :up:

It's like a spiritual experience - there's just moments in the show when the band seems to reach in and touch your soul.

first concert

you'll love it, the first concert I ever went to was Duran Duran at Wembley Arena in 1987 and it was amazing, it just blew me away

The first U2 show I saw was Zooropa at Wembley in 1993 and that was awesome, so much so I went again a week later. You're clearly a long term fan of the band- you'll love it, especially that moment when the lights go out and the band come on stage

be prepared to do alot of dancing, jumping up and down and singing

:ohmy: Seeing u2 live is something that you will always remember not just because the band give so much but because of the audience reaction and their sense of sheer exhiliration at seeing a band they obviously love so much :dance:

Imagine you're very, very, VERY religious person... and you just bought a ticket to meet God in person.

That's how I would describe this experiance...:wink:

bathiu said:
Imagine you're very, very, VERY religious person... and you just bought a ticket to meet God in person.

That's how I would describe this experiance...:wink:

Exactly!:wink:

That is what I would tell anyone about how it is to experience U2 live. No exaggerations here!...

yeah it should be an awesome show. especially with the show on monday, and my college graduation on friday. hopefully my throat won't be too sore to speak to my family members coming in. thanks for the descriptions. i think i'm going to watch my slane castle dvd over and over again to set the tone of the show.

If I had either to attend my college graduation or U2 I would take U2 any day of the week.....but that choice was one I didnt have to make!

that's not a lie, i haven't even seen a show yet and i would pick it over graduation. graduations are so boring, unless you have someone like bill cosby speaking. how awesome would it be to have bono just give a speech about whatever instead of some old person you've never met that somehow had a profound effect on the university?

Yahweh said:
If I had either to attend my college graduation or U2 I would take U2 any day of the week.....but that choice was one I didnt have to make!

Graduation was one of the most boring nights of my life. I don't see how one could even come close to being remotely as good as Bono reciting the Dublin phone book, let alone a full-blown U2 gig.

u2phoenix said:
that's not a lie, i haven't even seen a show yet and i would pick it over graduation. graduations are so boring, unless you have someone like bill cosby speaking. how awesome would it be to have bono just give a speech about whatever instead of some old person you've never met that somehow had a profound effect on the university?

actually bono spoke at the graduation ceremonies at Harvard in either 2001 or 2002 something like that.. Anyone know what year it was..it slipped my mind for the moment.:(

u2phoenix said:
while being a u2 fan for 17 years, i have never had the opportunity to see them live. first concert will be 2nd Chicago (may 9). how would you compare the anticipation of the crowds at u2 concerts compared to others? u2 is awesome on the slane castle dvd, but i can't grasp how it would be to attend a live show.

Hey it will be my first concert too,and I will be at the Chicago 9th show :)

Iam so excited because I have loved my boys for so long,and I finally get to see them in concert.

There is a thread like this one at another forum,post there too if you like.... http://forum.atu2.com/forum.src?Action=Posts&Subject=4324&Topic=19&SubjStart=

Rhia

U2 live is such a unique experience. I've seen them 6 times (not including the Vertigo tour) and they won't dissapoint. U2 knows you paid good money to see a rock n roll show and they deliver on all cylinders. Once you hear the begining of "Streets" your life will take a different path.

Beats graduation day (mine sucked anyway)

Beats the birth of your child if you're the one going through labor ;)

Beats sex as you are in the same room as the person you are normally fantasizing about ;) (Thats Edge btw! )

Basically U2 live is the best experience ever. I don't care how many shows you have seen.... every show is unbelievable, unique and the most intense spiritual experience.

When the lights go down and you hear the first chords of what you know is the beginning of the show, your heart will stop for a second and you will know that you have entered U2 Heaven :)

[
Beats sex as you are in the same room as the person you are normally fantasizing about ;) (Thats Edge btw! )

Well I will have a red face then! LOL but it wont be Edge for me :heart:

Rhia

Back
Top Bottom