Europe support - 2 bands?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ark

The Fly
We seem to be getting 2 support bands in Europe, as Kaiser Chiefs have announced they are supporting U2 on July 2,7,13 and August 7, 9, 11 and 14 when on various dates Keane, Snow Patrol and franz Ferdinand are supporting.

Does that mean we get 2 supports fro every venue?
and why Hasnt ANYONE been announced for 19th June at Twickenham!
ark

It seems to be case.. But i've seen it done before with these big things.. Queen in Nijmegen (Holland) this summer also has 2 support acts..

Support acts to whom?
I saw Feeder on Saturday, and didnt think much of the support acts - the Departure and Thee Unstrung

Looking forward to the U2 support (whoever it is) as U2 seem to be choosing good support this year!
ark

I'd be surprised if there weren't at least 2 support bands, for each of the stadium gigs this summer.
I went to see the Chilis at Murrayfield last year and N.E.R.D. & Ash were both supporting. That gig was about half the price of U2's Hampden date.
Interpol as a support will be great but I'd feel a little short-changed if they were the sole warm-up act.

:yes:Yeah...only one support act for the first leg kinda sucks, but the bigger stadium venues should pull more bands. The doors tend to open up earlier as well, which is always a promising sign...
REM are getting 3 - 4 quality support bands for each of the U.K./Irish stadium dates this summer so I don't see why U2 can't match that.
Paddy Casey is a singer-songwriter from Dublin. He's pretty good from what little I've heard...

Back
Top Bottom