Europe Set List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muller

The Fly
i dont know if you all realise why the set list for europe is the way it is?

coz of the lighting restrictions. cobl cant be played early, neither can most of HTDAAB because they are the main ones that have a great lighting set up with them, thats why they always do vertigo twice, coz they have to open with a HTDAAB song but you need the effects that go with it hence the start and end.

if only it got dark quicker!!!

muller said:

coz of the lighting restrictions. cobl cant be played early, neither can most of HTDAAB because they are the main ones that have a great lighting set up with them, thats why they always do vertigo twice, coz they have to open with a HTDAAB song but you need the effects that go with it hence the start and end.

you are right about the lightning but...

*Why do they HAVE to open with a HTDAAB-song?
* Play Aboy instead then if they insist on playing a HTAAB-song

cheers

muller said:

So you are saying that God or Allah or Yahweh or whatever is responsible for Vertigo twice...That is a power I can do nothing about..:wink:

well i wouldnt wanna wait an hour or so to hear the first HTDAAB, i think it worked well and it only really got at ppl who went mulitple nights, i went to 2 and didnt find any repitition annoying...

thats also why they play vertigo twice, because they want to open with it, so they will but want people to see the production for it also, bono said that...

I don't buy that at all as the reason for Vertigo being played twice . . . yes, it explains the placement of COBL, etc. later in the set, but they are playing Vertigo twice because they feel like it, not because of the production.

I had a feeling the shows would be opening and closing with Vertigo since the promo tour where they would play it twice (SNL, Brooklyn Bridge, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom