Europe is getting Zooropa & Pop songs according to Adam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hopefully U2 will play these songs in Europe, realize how fuckin' good they are, and carry them over to the States for the 3rd leg!!

Mofo, Gone, Please, Last Night on Earth, Dirty Day, Discotheque...any of those would make my day! Maybe they'll throw in something totally unexpected like Do You Feel Loved...I think I'd die, since it's the U2 song I've played most on my iPod, apparently.

Keep in mind that there is rumor that they are re-recording Pop, so this could be a good place to showcase the new versions.

Neilz said:

The Stones' last tour DVD had 3 different shows of different scales and the arena show was only different in size... The setlist was almost identical...

Then again; The Stones' setlist hardly ever changes :-D

I have that DVD here... and the only ones that are on the 3 DVDs are:

- Honky Tonk Woman
- Brown Sugar
- Jumpin' Jack Flash

Besides Street Fighting Man that's on 2 DVDs... completly diferent set lists... except for Jumpin' Jack Flash closing every show

Diane L said:

What Chizip said. :up:

stupid americans with bad taste in music??
that is one of the most ignorant statements ive ever read on an internet forum.

if it wasnt for america, u2, coldplay, and many other bands from europe wouldnt have more than half the money theyve made, nor the commercial success.

reggiethedawg said:
Well, whilst they didn't play the Charlton Heston NRA clip, which is obviously more of an American issue, they did do a name and shame clip on worlds biggest Arms traders, which if I remember correctly were the USA, UK and France amongst others, and so essentially it was still an anti-gun piece. The Mark Chapman finale to Bullet The Blue Sky was still continued into Europe too.

Hmm... when did they drop the Chapman bit, then? Cos the Slane DVD features, in comparison, a pretty weak imitation of a bullet-rant.

Still better than this tour, though.

My two cents on what I'd *like* to see (because Zoo Station forever proved to me that it's useless to predict what we're *likely* to see)....I'm in the more-Pop crowd. Give us Gone and Last Night On Earth!!! Something like this would be cool:

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo/Stories for Boys
Elevation
Electric Co
Gone
Untill the End of the World
All Because of You
Crumbs from Your Table
Last Night On Earth
Beautiful Day
One
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Wake Up Dead Man
Please
Where the Streets Have No Name
Pride
------
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
-----
I Will Follow
Original of the Species
Yaweh
Bad/40

...before you say it, I realize they'd never play a 27 song set unless it was the last show ever or something. But I can at least explain why this stuff is in here. I think Crumbs/LNOE/BD/One works as the time to get the Africa stuff out of the way... Heck even Miracle Drug could tie in there if they wanted it to.

I like the current dark section of the concert, although personally I'd love to see Bullet played angrily and Dead Man (full band) in place of RTSS... I could see it working well together the way Sunday/Dead Man worked in Elevation, but this time they'd all play it.

Please is purely in there because I want to hear the Please/Streets thing played again... man alive that's good stuff. And closing the show with Pride is something that, unlike almost everything else that could be called "tried and true", actually is. It's worked whenever it was done for 15 years.

I kept the Zoo encore because....well.... it's flippin brilliant. So there :p

I think the coolest thing about this, tho, is that it keeps 9 songs off the Bomb in the set. What other band could put out an album after 20 years where you'd want to have 9 of the songs in the set?

You dropped Running To Stand Still...

The one song I'm absolutely 100% sure of they'l plat évery show...

Just on the possible setlists. I think some people are in denial about bono's vocal capabilities these days. He cannot sing LEMON. His once great Falsetto is gone.

Enkryption said:
Just on the possible setlists. I think some people are in denial about bono's vocal capabilities these days. He cannot sing LEMON. His once great Falsetto is gone.
He uses his falsetto on the live versions of With Or Without You and In A Little While too... It's not as good as it once was, but it's nog Gone :)

His Falsetto of course is not gone. His once great falsetto is. (and overall voice for that matter) Thats just the way it is. Nothing we can do.

VertigoGal said:

maybe their line of thinking is that they want to put on a show that the crowd is going to enjoy. the fact that pop and zooropa sold better in europe may simply be an indicator that the audiences there will enjoy those songs and react to those songs more positively in a live setting. i dont see a problem with putting on a show you think the crowd will enjoy (unless we're talking about only playing huge staples, but that's a completely different topic).

:yes:

Dont know if this has been discussed but...

If we do see Lemon, we will no doubt see Mr MacPhisto too...the two go hand in hand. I couldnt image Bono singing Lemon without that gold jacket on!

Bring back the devil!!

Quite honestly I'm more than happy with the amount of songs they've played ALREADY, even more is just awesome.

Do other bands allow their set lists to be so diverse... not many, I'm sure.

Pop songs rock, one of their better albums. Better than ATYCLB, well the first half anyways. Everything from Wild Honey onwards is pure crap with the exception of perhaps New York. Bring on the POP, I can't wait until Berlin!

Back
Top Bottom