Europe/Brazil 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How good are u2tours.com when it comes to rumours?
If they are right lets hope they come back to Britain a bit later in the year so we get a decent look at there light show

I think Europe gets too few shows full stop :(

Lets be honest the only people that can never moan about U2 tour date is the North American's - they get loads!!!!!!

I think they will play Europe again next year as well as Oz, Asia and S America

Lisa

I hope they will play also in Middle and Eastern Europe. It's really shame that they didn't play here. Except of Poland this summer and on Popmart. But I still don't understand why they play here so rarely and just a very few times?? Only one reason I see is money. I thought U2 is not about money, but love.
I think the Chorzow show was one of the best ever and U2 were very moved by it and I think they won't forget it soon. Just hoping they will come back to Middle Europe.

lisa2004 said:
I think Europe gets too few shows full stop :(

Lets be honest the only people that can never moan about U2 tour date is the North American's - they get loads!!!!!!

I think they will play Europe again next year as well as Oz, Asia and S America

Lisa

I dunno...here in the US they're playing to fewer people than in Europe even if it's more shows. It's veddy veddy hard to get tix to a show if you live in the Southeast or any other "red states," trust me.

Anyway I fully agree that they need to go to Australia/NZ, Asia, South America, and Eastern Europe. :yes:

VertigoGal said:

I dunno...here in the US they're playing to fewer people than in Europe even if it's more shows. It's veddy veddy hard to get tix to a show if you live in the Southeast or any other "red states," trust me.

Anyway I fully agree that they need to go to Australia/NZ, Asia, South America, and Eastern Europe. :yes:

God!! U2 need to pay more shows period!

I guess people who have seen them live this year are the lucky ones - myself included

Lisa

lisa2004 said:
I think that they will play the UK again next year -

England only got 4 shows, wales 1, Scotland 1 and Ireland 4
Not many for the masses who wanted to see U2 this year -

I was at Twickenham and it was clear from how much people we paying touts for tickets that demand was competley outwaying the number of tickets avalible.

I cannot wait for next year - having said that if they don't play the UK again and only play Europe - well I hear Europe is lovely to visit!!!!!!!!

Lisa

I'm not going to apologise for the band on everything but I think the main problem was the bastards who run Twickenham, if that lot had been more reasonable I think there would have been three London dates and one Mancheter date, then I think the demand for tickets and supply would have been a bit more even.

tarquinsuperb said:

I'm not going to apologise for the band on everything but I think the main problem was the bastards who run Twickenham, if that lot had been more reasonable I think there would have been three London dates and one Mancheter date, then I think the demand for tickets and supply would have been a bit more even.
one manchester date are you kidding me?

wtonis said:

I remember Paul McGuinness saying at Zooropa: "we've underplayed Europe for years" ... Compared to the US, Yes, Europe has been underplayed, compared to the rest of the world, No.... :)

Depends which part of Europe.

U2 TAKE NOTE!!!! I like what the Stones are doing in '06:

Feb 14 ?? 2006 Maracana Rio de Janeiro Brazil

Feb 18 ?? 2006 Praia de Copacabana Rio de Janeiro Brazil

Feb 2006 Coliseo de Puerto Rico San Juan Puerto Rico

Feb 2006 Viña del Mar Festival Chile

Feb 28 2006 Estadio Nacional Santiago de Chile
Chile

Feb 2006 Estadio Centenario Montevideo Uruguay

Feb (multiple shows) 2006 River Plate Stadium
Buenos Aires Argentina

Feb 2006 Mexico City Mexico

Spring 2006 Vector Arena Auckland New Zealand

Apr 2006 Australia - multiple dates

Mar/Apr 2006 Tokyo Dome Tokyo Japan

KUEFC09U2 said:
one manchester date are you kidding me?

No, the touts had an absolute nightmare at Mancheter, every other venue was a license for them to print money. They over played the North West because they couldn't find adequate facilities in the Midlands and weren't able to get a third night at Twickenham.

tarquinsuperb said:

No, the touts had an absolute nightmare at Mancheter, every other venue was a license for them to print money. They over played the North West because they couldn't find adequate facilities in the Midlands and weren't able to get a third night at Twickenham.

You could look at the way the tickets sold out on the first day. Both Twickenham shows were gone in about half an hour, Manchester took about 4 times that long to sell out one night.

cdparky said:

You could look at the way the tickets sold out on the first day. Both Twickenham shows were gone in about half an hour, Manchester took about 4 times that long to sell out one night.

Yes, also for Manchester 2 I don't think they managed to sell all the tickets on sale from the Box Office on the day, there wasn't a lot of point as you could get them from touts for less than face value.

U2girl said:

Depends which part of Europe.

This is true.

However, if you take you in Slovenia - you had the Milan shows and the Vienna show, all of which were considerably closer, distance wise to you than any show was to me on the first leg here in Toronto, and any show will ever be on any leg in 2005 to people who live in the prairie provinces of Canada or Alberta.

So in a way, regional playing isn't just a problem in Europe. Ask somebody in Calgary or Winnipeg or Halifax how close a show was to them this year even though the band played many times in their country.

Sometimes Europeans forget that we in North America live in either the 2nd largest country in the world (Canada) or 4th largest (USA), and the distances are simply amazing, you can't even conceive in some instances just how far we are from one another out here.

anitram said:

This is true.

However, if you take you in Slovenia - you had the Milan shows and the Vienna show, all of which were considerably closer, distance wise to you than any show was to me on the first leg here in Toronto, and any show will ever be on any leg in 2005 to people who live in the prairie provinces of Canada or Alberta.

So in a way, regional playing isn't just a problem in Europe. Ask somebody in Calgary or Winnipeg or Halifax how close a show was to them this year even though the band played many times in their country.

Sometimes Europeans forget that we in North America live in either the 2nd largest country in the world (Canada) or 4th largest (USA), and the distances are simply amazing, you can't even conceive in some instances just how far we are from one another out here.

I'm sure Canadian fans could use more U2 shows - not just for size but for the interesting fact their singles do so much better in Canada than US.
But you also have airplanes and highways to get to shows. You have options to get there. (obligatory two legs also mean you have a better chance at seeing a show, as opposed to everyone else with one leg)

Considering EU alone has what, over 300 million inhabitants - and the demand for stadium shows and that U2 are from Europe - they neglect certain areas here.

Last edited:
tkramer said:
U2 TAKE NOTE!!!! I like what the Stones are doing in '06:

Feb 14 ?? 2006 Maracana Rio de Janeiro Brazil

Feb 18 ?? 2006 Praia de Copacabana Rio de Janeiro Brazil

Feb 2006 Coliseo de Puerto Rico San Juan Puerto Rico

Feb 2006 Viña del Mar Festival Chile

Feb 28 2006 Estadio Nacional Santiago de Chile
Chile

Feb 2006 Estadio Centenario Montevideo Uruguay

Feb (multiple shows) 2006 River Plate Stadium
Buenos Aires Argentina

Feb 2006 Mexico City Mexico

Spring 2006 Vector Arena Auckland New Zealand

Apr 2006 Australia - multiple dates

Mar/Apr 2006 Tokyo Dome Tokyo Japan

I think will be 3 dates in Brasil, 2 in SP and 1 in Rio, my friend checked whith Gilberto Gil, and Bono told him that there are 3 dates after Europe:wink:

Last edited:
Last time I travel to Europe they have airplanes, roads, bus, trains. Also we dont have the option of agencies that organize bus trips to shows.

And Canada doesn't have those things?

Agencies means paying for the bus ride and hotel stay beside the ticket.

Seeking Adam said:
Last time I travel to Europe they have airplanes, roads, bus, trains. Also we dont have the option of agencies that organize bus trips to shows.

Let's cut the bulshit Europe has been treated on worse on the last two tours than it deserves. [So far].

Please don't be so flipant about the fact there has been one show in Eastern European and realise how fortunate North America has been.
Of course I'm sure you understand about the complexities of National Borders and their influence on integrating transport infastructure.

Last edited:
TheBrazilianFly said:
U2 in Brazil?! Great news!!! :combust:

IT MUST HAPPEN!! Has anyone seen any of those pictures of Bono with Gilberto Gil? Do you think he knows his music? :hmm:

There's a pic in "Jornal do Comércio", and my friend that worked at Globo TV in 2000, and helped the fan clubs to go to Projac, contacted Preta Gil last week to ask her about the Bonos and Gilberto Gil meeting, and she told him that Bono said that they are coming here after Europe 2006.
jc_27_05_bono.jpg

AFTER Europe?

Hmm. Because the talk for Australia is that they're coming here Jan/Feb-ish, which would be before Europe, and you'd think they'd play South America while they're down here ...

shy said:
I think at 1st Australia, Europe and S. America:eyebrow:

That seems strange, though. You'd think they'd play Australia and South America at the same time, to save sending the stage down to the Southern Hemisphere twice.

Unless they're planning to play arenas in Australia and stadiums in South America ... :hmm:

Axver said:

That seems strange, though. You'd think they'd play Australia and South America at the same time, to save sending the stage down to the Southern Hemisphere twice.

Unless they're planning to play arenas in Australia and stadiums in South America ... :hmm:

Might it have to do with the timing of the football season? We assume Australia is going to be January and will take less than a month so that puts us at February, when I think the season restarts for most countries (although not Brazil).
Any chances of South Africa, New Zealand or Japan?

Back
Top Bottom