--Eurigo screen resurfaces in Lisbon--

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
So, I was watching some of the 2005 MTV Europe Video Music Awards last night on MTV2 and lo and behold what did I see?

U2's giant video screen from the Europe leg of the tour was being used as the backdrop.

I am currently looking for some photos, but it seems to be a bit too early.

Mark Fisher was the production designer on this show, and I am not sure if Willie had anything to do with it or not, but I am fairly certain the screen used behind the stage was U2's.

It looks like Fisher, U2, MTV and Barco pulled the old two-fer-one!!!

ouizy said:
So, I was watching some of the 2005 MTV Europe Video Music Awards last night on MTV2 and lo and behold what did I see?

U2's giant video screen from the Europe leg of the tour was being used as the backdrop.

Mark Fisher was the production designer on this show, and I am not sure if Willie had anything to do with it or not, but I am fairly certain the screen used behind the stage was U2's.

I saw that too last night. I guess Copying is the highest form of flattery

certainly looks like the bottom part of the screen uses the same technology as u2's stadium screen...

mtvscreen1.jpg

mtvscreen2.jpg

mtvscreen3.jpg

ouizy said:

I don't know if it's actually the same screen used in U2's show or not, but like Headache said, it's probably the same technology... they make the LED's that are used in stage productions all over.

Barco has a product called the Olite 510 that they use in numerous applications. It looks like they used that product, or something similar for the MTV stage.

I interviewed a couple members from their organization earlier this year, here are a couple links:

Here's a couple links...

http://vertiblog.blogspot.com/2005/06/vertiblog-exclusive-taking-look-at.html

http://vertiblog.blogspot.com/2005/06/barcos-olite-510-panels-up-close.html

Last edited:
No guys, I know all about the technology - I am saying that is THE screen. Think about it - same exact shape - the Barco units are mounted on the same exact material as the U2 screen, Fisher did the show, and hey the screen is not being used right now, so they (I am sure) made some revenue from it...

What the hell is this?????

h t t p://photos1.blogger.com/img/213/3154/640/eurovision%20large.jpg

Is that a u2 concept design or something?

innocent_eyes said:
What the hell is this?????

h t t p://photos1.blogger.com/img/213/3154/640/eurovision%20large.jpg

Is that a u2 concept design or something?
Isn't that the Eurovision singing contest stage?

The whole thing was also directed by Hamish Hamilton. Who directed the upcoming u2 live DVD, Boston, Slane, Milan 2005(?)

Hamish also directed Peter Gabriel DVD and Avrils live DVD.abriels Downside UpHH has also directed the 2001 Brits, where u2 performed and first met him.

u2fp

Back
Top Bottom