ETS tickets and the ellipse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultravioletluvv

Refugee
I just bought my GA ticket for Salt Lake City on ETS... in another thread, a couple people told me that their ETS tickets had scanned for the ellipse... so, i'm wondering how many other peeps here have gotten GAs through ETS and did they scan for the ellipse too? i hate to get my hopes up... :hyper:

doesn't the scanning have to do with the computer itself and not the tickets? like, after a certain number of people have scanned, the computer lets someone in? and sort of randomizes that number so people can't start rigging the line at ever 7 or something? (though once that line starts moving it's very hard to stay in your own numbered places.)

anyway, i didn't think it had much to do with the actual ticket. but i don't know.

and usually you go with at least another person in GA so it becomes one out of 3 chances for both of you if youre going with two people.

i'm not sure... i thought it had to do with the actual ticket... but i really don't know... i was just hoping to get some more feedback from peeps who got their GAs through ETS... whatever happens, i'll be happy just to have gotten GAs... :hyper:

i don't think they have anything to do with Ticketmaster... you can check out their website at etstours.com...

Scanning into the elipse is chance.....or if you have a kid or handicapped person with you or if the security people or Clearchannel lady likes you there is a good chance they will let you in. There really is no rhyme or reason to it. We waited in line all day in Vegas....4 of us in our party. One of our 4 tickets scanned and they let all 4 of us go in together. It was an experience of a lifetime. Don't know if I'd do it again. I really find it pathetic that there is so much bicketing and moaning about people's jealousies or insinuations about folks getting into the elipse, some over and over again. Isn't it all about the music anyway? Shouldn't really be where you are, if you truly love U2....just being in the house should be experience enough. Like I said, I've enjoyed the experience this tour and still have one more show before the end of 2005......it's just a hit or miss thing. Enjoy the experience, enjoy the GA line up, and wherever you end up for the show, making the best of it makes for a much better experience for ALL (there were some REAL ASSHOLES in the Vegas elipse, lemme tell ya! But I didn't let it spoil my time).

My ETS ticket got me in in NYC on Tuesday, but I don't think it had anything to to with it coming from ETS. Just luck.

I also had two ETS GA tickets for Minneapolis, no ellipse, but a 2nd row on the tip of the ellipse! It's all luck anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom