ETS ellipse armband giveaways???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbradfly1

Acrobat
I heard that ETS have been having drawings for ellipse armbands at the "pre-show party." Can anyone confirm if they do this? And if so, what time? Thanks.

In Vegas they did it. It was during the party. I didn't stay because I was in the line. My ETS ticket scanned into the ellipse though.

They have 3 drawings for 2 each of the bands. You have to stay for the party as they are given out throughout the evening leading up to the show.

Hey Rose, how did that work for you leaving the line and coming back - was the party reasonably close or was it a pain to leave and go get your ticket?

bonosloveslave said:
Hey Rose, how did that work for you leaving the line and coming back - was the party reasonably close or was it a pain to leave and go get your ticket?

Actually the party was about a five minute walk from the line, took me less than 2 minutes to actually get the ticket (the desk with the person with the tickets was right at the entrance) and went back to the line. It all took about 10-15 minutes at 4PM way before the line ever moved an inch.

I guess it could be a bigger pain if the party is far from the venue.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i've only been to one ETS party, pre-MSG in may, and they didn't do this there.

ETS did not have GA's for any first leg shows. Remember the pre-sale fiasco and how U2 was forced to withdraw the GA allocation to ETS? :wink:

Of course, with that said, nothing touches the debacle that was today's Coldplay pre-sale, but that's another topic. :|

ETS both has tickets and gives away ellipse wrist bands.

Can confirm this for anyone should they be wondering, I myself have pulled the winning tickets out of the bowl at the Miami and Tampa ETS events.

they did this at MSG pre-parties in October

but the drawings ran from around 515 to 715 as others have said

So it is cool to stand in line and get your place and then go pick up your ETS ticket at 4pm?

BTW,heinz ETS stands for Event Transportation System .

There`s no guarantee they`ll do this for every show.
I wrote to a rep from ETS and she said they still don`t know whether they`ll be doing a draw for wristbands at the Ottawa pre-party.

Carmelu2fan said:
So it is cool to stand in line and get your place and then go pick up your ETS ticket at 4pm?

BTW,heinz ETS stands for Event Transportation System .

Should be. There's no difference with that then leaving at 4 to go pee or fix your hair or whatever lol.

Thanks Gabrielvox, just wanted to make sure I did not ruffle any feathers:wink: I will be going to pee and fix my hair at 4 as well as pick up my tickets:giggle:

Just be careful...if I spot you picking up your tickets and trying to leave I'll likely pull you up for a dance with me ;)

And then you'll end up staying and rockin out..

And then you'll DEFINATELY get dirty looks from the GA line nazis

:wink:

(im on a roll tonite hehe)

ETS parties are at different locations in different cities. In Atlanta it was a $50 cab ride (roundtrip) from the venue, which created problems for some people. Traffic before the show meant the trip back to the venue took an hour. In Toronto and Chicago the parties were nearby...but as others have said, it's a pain when you are in the GA line. You basically have to haul ass out of the line and get back in a hurry, so you don't get to enjoy the party.

But they are a reputable/reliable company, IMO.

I agree...in some cities the location wasn't the greatest..

Recently in Miami and Tampa, it was a $5 cab ride to the venue and there was a shuttle for those who weren't all that concerned with being in the GA line....which was pretty funny because I met some people who came to pick up their tickets and left while we were playing, and then after our set I jumped on the ETS bus with the others who wanted to stay and party and we ended up seeing the same people inside the ellipse...pretty cool..

In Ottawa the ETS party is a 4 minute drive from the U2 concert (under 2 km).

In Montreal, the parties are less than 1 km or 2 minutes driving, you would likely just want to walk it.

If you need any help with directions, shoot me a PM or email and I'd be glad to assist..

G

Back
Top Bottom