Enough is enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddysgonnapay

New Yorker
Okay, so I am new to this forum... i am looking for U2 related stuff...pics reviews etc...i have been fortunate enough to get to 3 shows in 2005...had the great fortune to meet Bono in March....and get FRONT row in the ellipse in Cleveland in Dec....what a night! BUT What is the deal with these same girls getting pulled on stage each show? I mean I am sick to death of seeing their skimpy little slip tops with their boobs hanging out while Bono is gazing down from the stage oogling their Boobs...for god's sake it was fricking 20 degrees in Cleveland and there they all were in the front row with camisoles tops on Boobs hanging out all over the place..I mean the girl who got on stage that night lost a boob when they tossed her back to the crowd that night... i know i was right there! And While Bono was singing WOWY that night I was so over that whole display on stage I concentrated solely on Edge... Bono totally discouraged me with his kneeling and hugging of this girl...it totally ruined the song for me...anyone else feel this way about seeing the same girls getting on stage every show?

Well, i have to agree with you! I've been going to U2 shows since the Joshua Tree Tour. I went to many shows on the Elevation Tour and the Vertigo Tour. And truthfully, I am just disgusted at what the front row has turned into. It's one thing to dress in a tank top in Phoenix. But this tour, the girls who follow the tour around don't seem to care how cold it is outside. Their wardrobe choices have nothing to do with temperature. It's all about getting Bono's attention. And it really has put a damper on the shows. I hate to say it. In all the shows i've been to, i've never once thought about my chances of being pulled up onstage by Bono... until my very last show in December. After reading about all these girls on this forum and the things they do to get onstage with Bono, it seems like it really has turned into some type of competition. It's sad, really. I've read stories about cat fights in the front row. And stories about girls cutting in line. I've read so much in the past month... it really makes me sad. But in the end, it all comes down to what and who Bono wants to pull onstage. The man likes boobs! Plain and simple! It's just a shame that he doesn't go for a bigger and better selection of them. :eyebrow:

Just curious - how many people do they pull up on stage for each show? Is it a rare thing? Or do you generally have to spend the whole show watching Bono cuddling up to women as he sings?!

I personally wouldn't be confident enough to dance on stage with Bono, but I wouldn't want to spend the whole concert watching other women dance with him either! lol

exactly...it isn't pleasant to watch Bono cuddling on some girl the entire song thankfully it is usually just one song.....but this last show i was at...the Cleveland show it sucked....it was not a dance...i could handle the dancing and flirting...this crap at Cleveland was him kneeling and rubbing...i mean is that entertainment?/// not really ...thankfully I had Edge right in front of me and didn't have to watch that.

um, no, you do not have to watch bono cuddle with someone for the whole show. generally one person/one song per show. some more cuddly than others....

It pretty much happens at EVERY show! Sometimes twice! It's not spontaneous anymore. You can usually always count on a kid getting pulled up during Sunday Bloody Sunday, where Bono will get them to say "No More!" and a girl during MW / WOWY. Once in a while, he will pull someone up during a different song. And once in a while he will pull someone up to play guitar. I wish he would do that more often. It's more entertaining and more people are genuinely happy for the person who gets pulled up. In the last couple months of the tour, when the same girls kept getting pulled up during MW or WOWY, it really ruined the song for the people who knew who those girls were. It happens all the time, and it's getting OLD!

OceanGirl said:
Just curious - how many people do they pull up on stage for each show? Is it a rare thing? Or do you generally have to spend the whole show watching Bono cuddling up to women as he sings?!

I personally wouldn't be confident enough to dance on stage with Bono, but I wouldn't want to spend the whole concert watching other women dance with him either! lol

Generally, Bono pulls 1-2 people up per show. One of them is either a young child or someone to play a musical instrument, although the latter doesn't happen as much. The other person is a female for him to dance with during a couple of songs--usually With or Without You and Mysterious Ways, but he's pulled girls up for Fast Cars, too. Depends on the show, I guess. It's not rare, as it happens every show...and no, you don't spend the whole show watching him cuddle up to women. ;) Just a small part of the show. All part of his charm, you know. ;)

just curious - what is so offensive about seeing him dance with a girl?

CheckYourChange said:
It pretty much happens at EVERY show! Sometimes twice! It's not spontaneous anymore. You can usually always count on a kid getting pulled up during Sunday Bloody Sunday, where Bono will get them to say "No More!" and a girl during MW / WOWY. Once in a while, he will pull someone up during a different song. And once in a while he will pull someone up to play guitar. I wish he would do that more often. It's more entertaining and more people are genuinely happy for the person who gets pulled up. In the last couple months of the tour, when the same girls kept getting pulled up during MW or WOWY, it really ruined the song for the people who knew who those girls were. It happens all the time, and it's getting OLD!
yes it is getting OLD!!!! i thought when he pulled up the guy dressed like Sant and Elvis together on the stage.."thank god" not another slip top boob girl again!!!!!

cg said:
just curious - what is so offensive about seeing him dance with a girl?
dancing with a girl is NOT offensive in the least.......kneeling on the ground rubbing a girl and not including any of the rest of the entire arena is offensive...and that he keeps pulling the SAME girls up who are dressed like it is 85 degress out when it is 20 degrees is offensive...just my opinion I guess

I agree with you daddy. It is a bit over the top. I mean, why can't he just dance with them? Why all this ridiculous rubbing and kneeling shit? All it does is make these "regular" girls even more delusional.

no sory i don't know the regular girls....didn't think it was ugly...just my opinions

you guys just sound jealous.
it's just part of the show.
ever see popmart or zoo tv?
he did some intense things with girls on stage back then, too. it's nothing new..

It's news that I lost a boob coming down... though I have video and pictures of me being hauled down and nothing of the sort happened :happy: Thank god for bras too though, for in the event of the shirt having moved, the bra would have been there to protect me.

Thanks for playing though :D

jrwh3d.jpg

I believe that would have been your angle...

Bottom line is, its Bono's perogative to pull up who he wants, if he wants to. I dont understand the theory of getting upset about it?

As someone else pointed out, did any of you go to the Zoo tour? Tryin To Throw Your Arms and Babyface on Zooropa got rather raunchy at times. Vertigo is nothing compared to some of those antics IMO.

Bottom line is, its Bono's perogative to pull up who he wants, if he wants to. I dont understand the theory of getting upset about it?

Yes, that's true, but I do believe that isn't the issue here.

The issue is not about Bono's behavior, but the behavior of the women in the crowd.

And yes, I've seen footage of what went on during ZooTV. Whoa! Fancy a dry hump, anyone? ;)

yes did go to some ZooTV shows...like I said...it isn't the dancing i am just tired of the outfits to draw attention...and it is also those peeps perogative to wear that type of top i guess...seems to be working for them..... just my opinion...sure Bono can do whatever he likes...he obviously does

aislinn said:

Yes, that's true, but I do believe that isn't the issue here.

The issue is not about Bono's behavior, but the behavior of the women in the crowd.

And yes, I've seen footage of what went on during ZooTV. Whoa! Fancy a dry hump, anyone? ;)

Mmmmmmmmmm... Achtung Bono... :drool:

I have zero apologies to make for my behavior while as a crowd member, so if anyone thinks this is embarrasing to me, I have news for you... I stand by how I have behaved throughout this whole tour, in line, inside, onstage...

Was I embarrased by the shirt when I saw the pictures... hell yes... the straps totally rode down after pogoing for the prior hour and a half and Bono's head was pulling it down even further :yikes: But I honestly had no clue...

As for the summer-y tops... come and touch the back of my head after a show and then tell me I should be wearing 20F appropriate clothing... I pogo like a MOFO, I would die in anything outside weather appropriate... Which brings me back to the bra... I would also DIE without a bra due to the pogoing, It would not be comfortable at ALL :lol:

Last edited:
Daddysgonnapay said:
yes did go to some ZooTV shows...like I said...it isn't the dancing i am just tired of the outfits to draw attention...and it is also those peeps perogative to wear that type of top i guess...seems to be working for them..... just my opinion...sure Bono can do whatever he likes...he obviously does

Bono's a hornball... love him to death... but he's a hornball... :sexywink:

what's wrong with those tops? every night i go out in nyc there are women dressed like that. okay, its not your style, but it is not exactly trashy. it's part of being flirtatious and feeling sexy.

blame bono for being a man, i guess...

I have zero apologies to make for my behavior while as a crowd member, so if anyone thinks this is embarrasing to me, I have news for you... I stand by how I have behaved throughout this whole tour, in line, inside, onstage...

Wow, just a tad defensive, aren't you? :wink:

As far as the camisole tops go...hey, they're great for a night out on the town. Whatever floats your boat, I guess. But it's interesting to see the behavior some employ to get Bono's attention out there in the ellipse and on the rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom