Ellipse vs Inner Zone vs testicles...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muneno kodoo

The Fly
Could someone please explain the Ellipse vs inner zone intricacies :confused:

Is it all about venue size? Which will we have at which shows this leg?

The ellipse was used at the indoor arena shows on the first and third leg.

The inner zone is used at the outdoor stadium shows. That's what we have.

Thanks guys :) I get the feeling the whole Ellipse thing is driving you a bit nuts, but more burning questions...

So is the inner zone still sectioned off by a catwalk? How does the B-Stage work?

I need diagrams!

There are two b-stages, with a gap in the middle. It tooks like two arms coming out from the stage.

There's a barrier further back in the GA section to divide up the crowd, essentially for crowd management reasons.

Here's a diagram for Brisbane:

u2map28nov.GIF

You'll have to fight with my girlfriend about that one. :wink:

*grabs popcorn and a comfy seat* :wink:

hmm axver you happen to have the plan for telstra stadium?

edit: nvrmind pulled it off ticketek, not as detailed at the brisbane ones though...

Last edited:
WAIT!! I'm so confused!!! I have a GA ticket but the person who gave us that diagram suggested that the GA area is further back than the front section?? Please tell me this is not true!!! I want to be right at the stage (that's why I'm camping out). Can I do this with GA tik???

So... The million dollar question...

Which songs do they play on which part of the stage? (Assuming the setlist will be largely identical to the last leg)

carrotflowers said:
WAIT!! I'm so confused!!! I have a GA ticket but the person who gave us that diagram suggested that the GA area is further back than the front section?? Please tell me this is not true!!! I want to be right at the stage (that's why I'm camping out). Can I do this with GA tik???

I am pretty sure its all GA...and that 4000 or so can fit in the inner circle but only 1000 tickets have been sold guaranteeing people entry. So 3000 people with GA tickets should be able to make it in. I think the main reason perhaps is for crowd control. Although no such inner circle fence is present on the Adelaide stadium diagram and it is a much larger field as it is designed for Aussie Rules football. I wonder why Brisbane had these special inner circle tickets? You are saying you are camping out then you will make it in no worries. :wink:

adambk said:

I am pretty sure its all GA...and that 4000 or so can fit in the inner circle but only 1000 tickets have been sold guaranteeing people entry. So 3000 people with GA tickets should be able to make it in. I think the main reason perhaps is for crowd control. Although no such inner circle fence is present on the Adelaide stadium diagram and it is a much larger field as it is designed for Aussie Rules football. I wonder why Brisbane had these special inner circle tickets? You are saying you are camping out then you will make it in no worries. :wink:

ah, excellent. Thanks for that. I am definately camping out, my first U2 concert, I must be at the front screaming my lungs out to each and every song.

I dropped in to ANZ Stadium (QSAC) tonight to see what was happening. We got to see some lighting tests and some cool visualy type stuff on the big screen thingy.

A nice security guard told us that the 'dog security' guys would be starting at 7:30pm.

I don't know how that fits in with camping plans. According to QSAC no queueing till 9am. But i'm not sure how they're gonna police it.

Anyone have an idea of where they might be throwing down a sleeping bag?

tourist said:
I dropped in to ANZ Stadium (QSAC) tonight to see what was happening. We got to see some lighting tests and some cool visualy type stuff on the big screen thingy.

A nice security guard told us that the 'dog security' guys would be starting at 7:30pm.

I don't know how that fits in with camping plans. According to QSAC no queueing till 9am. But i'm not sure how they're gonna police it.

Anyone have an idea of where they might be throwing down a sleeping bag?

I was told about the 9am line up rule by QSAC also. I got the impression that we will have to queue outside the main gate until they allow us in at 9am, so I would probably give the camping out a miss. They must be serious about it to some extent with the dog patrols, as that doesn't usually happen around there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom