Ellipse lottery no luck needed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iluvbeerandu2 said:
You people too funny. Wish I knew these type of internet chat places existed before the tour ended. I don’t believe these girls were plants or anything scripted about their performance. However, them being in the ellipse (and even getting tickets to the show) involved a lot more work than luck could ever provide. If you know what I mean. That Asian chick got a lot of flack for the wrong reasons. It wasn’t her fault for Bono pulling her up more than once. Now she being on the rail and in the center so many times is a little bit more than coincidence. That loudmouth chick she traveled with definitely got tickets from U2 security. I am 100% positive of that and no one can refute it. Not even her!!!! She chats up that short security dude at every show. And I’m not talking about the kind of chatting up where you talk to people you just met for the first time. They have known each other for a long time. I’m a dude so I know and see the difference, if you know what I mean. I saw that same security dude slapping ellipse wristbands on her hand at more than one show. What these girls don’t realize is that people notice them and word gets around. I don’t deal in gossip, but when you keep hearing the same thing over and over, couple that with what you see happening in person. It blows your mind.

Those same group what you call "regulars" were getting into the ellipse by waiting by the soundboard. Asian chick, DVD chick, santa suit, loudmouth all of them. Yeah, that's how I got my ellipse wristband sometimes. Thanks for that girls. I heard that something happened in the beginning of the third leg. I got this from other sources, but I was told that their little plan of getting ellipse wristbands back at the soundboard stopped working. Security/U2 staffer wouldn’t give them anymore wristbands. Thanks for that too. So they started slipping wristbands off for their friends. Some even reused wristbands to get in. Made my tour more interesting.

Ok Ruffian is a friend of mine:hug:

I can assure you she got to all gigs on the back of a lot of hard work & money

I attended 5 shows in US/Canada with her but was only in line with her once.

I got into the eclipse 4 times out of 5 GA's so i'd say my 80% success rate is higher than hers.

Last edited:
nice to see friendly faces. Headache, thanks for the goofiness you bring to all these flaming threads...you crack me up.

LaTwins, Sami, Dis, Wild-- :hug: Awesome to spend time with all of you on this tour, either in person or in the blue crack.

To the person bitching about Boston--I did not wait out the first night but did the second night. Ask Bfloxng. He shared body heat with me but since he was unconscious from drinking he may have murky memories of me curled against his back. No idea if you are talking about me or not; the tent that was next to me was unoccupied all night, which is definitely the way to go if you want to make people just think you are in line. But they were behind me so really, who cares?

Peace to everyone :heart:

:heart: to all of you guys

I can't wait to do this all over again - I've already got one semi-functional tent and a crush on the guy wearing the kilt.

also spending 2 hours listening to someone talk about their dog... it was all worth it :D

pinky and his kilt!!!! he promised he'd be commando at the closer but alas, he was not. :pout: i forgot the dog conversation with our other friend! :lmao:

ruffian said:
pinky and his kilt!!!! he promised he'd be commando at the closer but alas, he was not. :pout: i forgot the dog conversation with our other friend! :lmao:

I did not :|
I figure that was worth enough ellipse karma for one night - plus the fries with the mayo - I guess it is an acquired taste:wink:

ruffian said:

Uhhh...he did...at least I saw a bare ass when AJ flipped his kilt up from behind.... :ohmy:

eep said:

Uhhh...he did...at least I saw a bare ass when AJ flipped his kilt up from behind.... :ohmy:

:yikes: i'm glad i missed that! was pinky on stage when that happened??? and people talk about all the boobs at U2 shows...i think crew member bare ass should count for something!

ruffian said:

:yikes: i'm glad i missed that! was pinky on stage when that happened??? and people talk about all the boobs at U2 shows...i think crew member bare ass should count for something!

Be glad you missed it. I just happened to look when the crew was walking onstage to thank the band and noticed AJ goofing around. I looked at the "right" moment to catch AJ giving lift to the kilt and I saw pinky's bare ass. :eek:

Get in line pal :angry:

:wink:

jk...Ruffian....everyone...EVERYONE....it was amazing to meet you all and spend minutes and/or hours with you....Im getting all sentimental...

I think the only person I *didnt* meet was you Headache...

or did I? :drunk:

great to meet you all as well. maybe we'll run into each other at shows on the 4th leg and we can all make out and post pictures on interference :up:

Pick me up at La Guardia at 4:30...wear your thong, a Santa hat, and nothing else. U2RulesMyWorld will be on hand to videotape; the bootleg will be up tomorrow morning.

ruffian said:
Pick me up at La Guardia at 4:30...wear your thong, a Santa hat, and nothing else. U2RulesMyWorld will be on hand to videotape; the bootleg will be up tomorrow morning.

i doubt it, u2rmw never shares the good stuff :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom