Ebay Guitar pick Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's so lame! I was in the 2nd row of GA and the girl next to me got the last pick. I wanted one in the worst way, lemme tell ya! I can't imagine someone going and selling it on eBay.

what if they were selling it to go to more shows?

If I got one and could get over $100 for it I would and I would get a ticket to another show. A memory of a show if worth way more than a piece of platic to me (but thats just me)

p.s.

by posting the link on a U2 forum all you are doing is bringing potential buyers to the seller.

If the piece of plastic was that meaningless to me, I think I'd just give it to someone around to whom it would mean more...

And believe me, I am not one of these people that are 100% against reselling of tickets at whatever price the market will bear if you don't need them or that are fully against tapers selling their stuff if that's what they want to do, but I don't know... I think the more ridiculous thing to me in that listing was the price! :lol:

I mean $100.00? Please.

Are you kidding me? $100? To think my kids each got one of these from Dallas last month, plus a couple of Bono's on the first leg. We wouldn't sell them (or Larry/Bonos LAPOE drumstick) in any event, but who's gonna pay $100 for a pick??? Man.

Miroslava said:
If the piece of plastic was that meaningless to me, I think I'd just give it to someone around to whom it would mean more...

And believe me, I am not one of these people that are 100% against reselling of tickets at whatever price the market will bear if you don't need them or that are fully against tapers selling their stuff if that's what they want to do, but I don't know... I think the more ridiculous thing to me in that listing was the price! :lol:

I mean $100.00? Please.

check previously completed items on Ebay. Some Bono and Edge picks have gone in the high 200's and the seller got a bid instantly so it looks like the starting price wasnt so off target.

Im just playing devil's advocate

Someone wants it bad enough to pay $100.

I wouldn't buy it, but I certainly might sell it. I figure I'd just lose it if I had it anyway, so it might as well bring me some cash and go to someone who would treasure it. ...now if it was handed directly to me by the edge, maybe not. :shrug:

Well, then the people paying $100.00 for the picks are INSANE...

I have gotten 3 this tour, 2 by Dallas and one by Adam personally. I love them. Would I ever pay a single dollar for them if they had not been given personally to me? Hell no :lol:

wow, that is pretty bad... i couldn't imagine bidding on that. :huh: i agree that having the moment is what makes it special- but i guess some people are big collectors... :shrug:

i have Edge's guitar slide (courtesy of Dallas)- i wonder how much that would go for?? i'd *never* part with it, but if a pick is going for $100 it's interesting to think about...

The worst part is that it's not even a pick that Edge uses*...it's made to be given out by Dallas.

*There's no notch in the base.

I'd really only pay anything (though definitely not $100) for one that Edge actually used.

I'd pay a couple bucks for it (just because I was *this close* to getting one and it irks me that I didn't) but $100 is just plain crazy!

I think Dallas should keep all the picks to himself. Too many picks on ebay. I lost my pick from last night at the bar called The Place which is ironic that across the street there is a bar called Vertigo.:(

Super_Fan said:
I think Dallas should keep all the picks to himself. Too many picks on ebay. I lost my pick from last night at the bar called The Place which is ironic that across the street there is a bar called Vertigo.:(

Sorry you lost your pick. It was all of those Long Island Ice Teas you drank!!!

these have sold for much higher than $100... keep an eye on it and watch how much this goes for.

Yeah Dallas and my husband talked about the situation with the picks and ebay some time ago. Dallas obviously DOES NOT like it. He has a bunch that Dallas has given him over the last couple years....its disappointing seeing Dallas' generosity be exploited like this.

This is a FAKE

The Edge DOES NOT use this pick.

The Edge uses blue dimpled picks made by a company called Herdim.

gr0769b.jpg

He's used them since the 70s, and they are a very very integral part of his signature sound. The Edge still uses these picks today. This pick on Ebay is a pile of crap. How do I know that Edge still uses those blue Herdim Picks?

1) Pictures

99b3fe52.jpg

100_0583.jpg

100_0492.jpg

609808fe.jpg

2) First-hand accounts

My friend Nick, (known on the boards as nuke126) was front row in San Jose this year, right in front of the Edge. After the show Dallas came out and gave him two picks. BOTH of them were this blue Herdim pick.

3) The Edge

The Edge himself, in the latest Guitar World magazine, talked about how he still uses these blue Herdim picks, how he loves them, and how he'll always use them.

I'm soo PISSED OFF that this JERK is trying to sell this pick as "The Edge's Pick." It's a big steaming pile of shit.

I'm probably hotlinking these pics or whatever, and i'm sorry.

discotech said:
This is a FAKE

He's used them since the 70s, and they are a very very integral part of his signature sound. The Edge still uses these picks today. This pick on Ebay is a pile of crap. How do I know that Edge still uses those blue Herdim Picks?

1) Pictures

2) First-hand accounts

My friend Nick, (known on the boards as nuke126) was front row in San Jose this year, right in front of the Edge. After the show Dallas came out and gave him two picks. BOTH of them were this blue Herdim pick.

3) The Edge

The Edge himself, in the latest Guitar World magazine, talked about how he still uses these blue Herdim picks, how he loves them, and how he'll always use them.

I'm soo PISSED OFF that this JERK is trying to sell this pick as "The Edge's Pick." It's a big steaming pile of shit.

While Edge might not use the pick that is on EBay. It is one that Dallas gives out!!

skjuls said:

While Edge might not use the pick that is on EBay. It is one that Dallas gives out!!

Originally posted by discotech

2) First-hand accounts

i bid on a signed copy of the lyrics to stay, because it's my friends favorite U2 song and she loves the band. i know i didn't get it signed, but honestly i'm not cool enough to meet the band, and something like this will blow her mind.

i wish i could have gotten it personally, but it's a cool gift for a huge fan.

Here are mine:

i6wggg.jpg

The Adam one, he gave to me during Beautiful day (I had asked him for one earlier in the show) :happy:

The Bono one, Dallas gave to me before the show during one of his ellipse sound checks in response to my "Detroit Girls Rock" sign.

The black one Dallas gave to me out of the blue after the Pittsburgh show... I think he may have been watching me spaz out during the show cause he came right over as soon as the show ended and extended his hand...

:heart:

discotech said:

) First-hand accounts

I have one that is Similar to the one on
Ebay but without the U2 in the center.

Dallas gave it to me after the show.

I also have the Bono pick that Miroslava has that Dallas gave to me as well.

There are a variety of picks out there that Dallas gives out that may or may not be used by the band. They are nice souvenir(sp - I'm tired)!!

discotech said:

As someone who has been to 15 shows this tour I know Dallas doesnt give out the blue ones anymore really. If you watch at the end of the show you will actually see the first thing that Dallas does is grab the blue picks off the mic stand ( i presume to keep stagehands from grabbing them)

I got a two picks last night. They are the same as the one on Ebay. Like I said early on in this post I think I may sell them. Depending on what the pick ends at I could probably go to two more shows. For me it is a no brainer.

If that makes me a jerk then so be it but Id rather go to a show than to have a piece of plastic

Finally, I think what you are missing in the pricing is that the bidders are actually pick collectors. They are not just buying for a souveneir. They are buying to have a complete collection of all U2 produced picks.

Last edited:
dallas gave me a pick last night, the same on on ebay. it can be considered edge's pretty easily because, well, it has the edge's signature on the backside of it. obviously its not a real autograph, but it is still the edge's.

discotech said:
This is a FAKE

gr0769b.jpg

1) Pictures

2) First-hand accounts

3) The Edge

They are real though... Edge (U2?) has give-away picks like the one this guy is selling and their own which they play with... I have a box of these blue Herdim's myself as I play a lot of U2 too...

A lot of bands do this you know, give-away picks for the fans, although I really believe that Edge does it to keep his special sound a 'secret'...

See Edge uses the topside of the Herdim pick to scrape the strings... This gives the special U2 sound (in combination with a modulation delay like the Korg SDD3000)... Like WTSHNN, WOWY, AIWIY, BAD...

So relax, this guy is not a fake, just someone who doesn't know that he got a give-away pick and not the real thing...

PS; any Edge guitar fanatic must know the U2soundsite? It's offline rightnow but in the late 90's, founder The Phaser had a big U2 sound community where these kind of things were discussed... This pick (the Herdim), a large headstock Strat, a 60's Vox AC-30 and a Korg SDD-3000 make the signature sound... Anyone from the U2sound community here?

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
It's kind of like paying for an autograph. What meaning does it have unless you got it yourself or someone you know got it for you?

I've never really understood why people collect ticket stubs either.

I keep the ones for the show's I've been to, because each one's got a memory.

strange

Back
Top Bottom