Ebay Experiences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Outsider

Refugee
Not quite sure if this is in the right thread but I was wondering if anyone has ever bought U2 tickets on ebay...

Did you have any problems with counterfeits?

I bought my (hard ) tickets months ago on ebay before the rescheduled date was announced and before I knew of the release of more tickets.
I've heard horror stories of eticket scams but what about with regular tickets?

Although I know there isn't anything I can do now but just plan and enjoy the trip (afterall I've never been to Hawaii) I just want to know if people out there have had good luck in the past. I just want to be more at ease.
This was my first concert purchase on the site so I'm just reallly nervous :(

On the spur of the moment we decided to go to the Salt Lake City concert. I bought 2 single tickets on ebay about a week before the concert. I paid less than face for both tickets. They were "hard" tickets not an e-ticket. No problems - everything worked out fine. They came in plenty of time before our flight.

I think I would stay away from e-tickets. Yes, ebay or paypay will eventually get your money back if they are fake or have been re-sold a few times but you might miss out on the concert. Why take a chance?

I bought the tickets for both of my shows last year through e-Bay & didn't have any problem with either one (they were both sets of hard tickets). About all you can do is pay attention to a seller's Feedback and how they respond to any questions/concerns you may have.

I mean, I had the chance to buy some U2 items a while back from two different sellers. Seller A had only 5 negative feedbacks out of his 100 transactions. Seller B had 25 out of his 1800 transactions. I went with Seller B - but only after I read through those negatives (about 6 or so were people just being impossible to please, so I even counted those as Neutrals!). My item arrived in perfect condition & I never regretted buying it for a second.

So either I've developed a fairly reasonble way of judging who to deal with or I've been extremely lucky. :shrug: Just try to follow your gut & as cliche' as it may sound, if something sound's too good to be true.... well, you know the rest. :wink:

Good luck to you - hope your purchase is what it's supposed to be & you have the time of your life! :up:

I've bought tickets off Ebay three times, twice for U2 shows. I've never had a problem. Just like BluRmGrl said, pay attention to the seller's feedback and you should be fine :yes:

I've bought a bunch of tickets off ebay (thanks to the crappy server I was on in Afghanistan when the tickets originally went on sale!). Never had a problem -- even with several TicketFast copies that I ended up with. One of the TicketFast ones even got me into the ellipse in Chicago!

I bought 2 pairs of GA's (hard tickets) from 2 different sellers for the Vegas shows and had no problem. One of them got us into the ellipse.

I've bid on probably a dozen U2 ticket auctions this tour, but never won. As long as I don't have any bad feelings about the auction and the seller has 100%, I've bid.

Outsider said:
I bought my (hard ) tickets months ago on ebay before the rescheduled date was announced and before I knew of the release of more tickets.
I've heard horror stories of eticket scams but what about with regular tickets?

I've bought tickets a couple of times off ebay with no problems at all but a friend spent a fortune on Robbie William tickets when they first went on sale earlier this year from a seller with a 99% feedback and then realised too late that the seller was no longer listed and the tickets never arrived :angry: She's now having problems claiming the money back as the normal period for making a claim after payment has long since gone. Apparently she wasn't the only one caught out.
I'm sure you'll be fine, but I'd check the seller's recent history and if anything looks dodgy then get in contact with ebay.

Just pay attention to the feedback. We've bought all kinds of tickets on ebay (concert, sporting events), including ticketfast, which always makes me nervous, but have never been scammed.

I heard a rumour way back when the Aussie tickets went on sale that for GA you had to show the credit card they were purchased with in order to gain entry.

Can anyone confirm/categorically refute this? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom