East Rutherford II Setlist Party Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chizip said:

13 so far :huh:

I want to know how anyone can afford to go to that many shows, and I don't just mean monetarily (though flights and hotels aren't cheap!), but also with getting time off school/work.

I'm just hoping U2 come here before uni starts next year and that my family decide to feel generous. These three Boston shows have left me rather poor.

Axver said:

I want to know how anyone can afford to go to that many shows, and I don't just mean monetarily (though flights and hotels aren't cheap!), but also with getting time off school/work.

My exact thoughts as well. How does anyone do it? :scratch:
I thought about starting a thread with that topic.... :hmm:

Axver said:
You all know what I'm going to ask, don't you?

Yes, if there are any corrections or additions to be made to the set up at http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com I would love to hear them! Thanks!

And Diane, what can you tell us about those who played during ISHFWILF?

Kinda sorta on point with your request from last night and tonight...

Bono royally screwed up SYCMIOYO forcing The Edge to cut short the backing track at the end of the song. (Bono apologized to The Edge afterwards. :wink:)

BTBS had one line from Please... ("Please, please get up from your knees") before Johnny kicked in.

Father Abraham (I think that's a song) was snippeted for both Tuesday and Wednesday.

ABOY (at least, the slide guitar part) was prematurely started by The Edge and stopped by Bono on Tuesday before Bono got The Edge to play the piano for OOTS.

Oh, being in the ellipse for NJ2 was amazing! :wink:

Oh my God!!! What a great show! Saw them live for the first time after being a fan for 12 to 13 years. Now I got my t-shirt, button and pics. I can die happy. :wink:

MTEdge said:

Kinda sorta on point with your request from last night and tonight...

Bono royally screwed up SYCMIOYO forcing The Edge to cut short the backing track at the end of the song. (Bono apologized to The Edge afterwards. :wink:)

BTBS had one line from Please... ("Please, please get up from your knees") before Johnny kicked in.

Father Abraham (I think that's a song) was snippeted for both Tuesday and Wednesday.

ABOY (at least, the slide guitar part) was prematurely started by The Edge and stopped by Bono on Tuesday before Bono got The Edge to play the piano for OOTS.

Oh, being in the ellipse for NJ2 was amazing! :wink:

Thanks! :up: Some cool information there! Glad to know Please was snippeted again!

Father Abraham IS a song, but I'm not sure the real song is what Bono is singing. Anyone wish to clarify? It was in SBS at Chicago IV too.

bono did screw up the end of sometimes... as was previously mentioned. he accadently skipped the "sometimes you can't make it... best you can do... is to fake it... " line, forcing edge to scramble to make the ending make sense. after a brief mish mosh of guitars and drums trying to catch back up, they ended it with the normal "no regrets" ending. really only screwed up about 3-4 seconds of the song. no big whoop.

as for the bank robbers / i still haven't found what i'm looking for episode...

after yahweh the band was walking back to return to the main stage and bono stopped at the ellipse... he looked back at the rest of the band and told them to hold on for a second...

he asked if their entire band was there, and then pulled them up on stage... there were only 3 of them. they put the love and peace or else drum on the main stage for their drummer, and edge gave one of them his guitar. bono said something along the lines of "edge will lend you his guitar and i'll lend you the microphone, but there's no fucking way larry mullen is lending you his drums."... thus the love and peace or else drum being used. they started into a harder version of i still haven't found what i'm looking for, the kid (looked about college aged) dueting with bono.on vocals. durring the bridge it looked like bono was trying to get them off stage, he kept saying their name a couple of times... like ok let's here it for the bankrobbers... the singer and the drummer looked like they were ready to leave, but their guitar player wanted no part of it... he walked over to the drums and started talking to larry... after talking, larry kicked up the drums and they finished the rest of the song in a punk'd up version, about twice the speed as the original... larry on drums, adam on bass, the bank robbers on lead guitar and vocals, bono on back up vox and edge on accoustic guitar.

they finished the song off and left the stage... then came bad... and that was all.

must've been an absolutely amazing moment for these guys... they were at the show tuesday as well... i remember seeing the kid in the pink hair in the parking lot when we were tailgating.

great show... pumped for saturday... 3 down, 1 to go... best week ever is almost over :sad:

Last edited:
OMG... this was my first U2 show ever, and I was lucky enough to experience it from the FIRST ROW!!! :hyper: I was on Adam's side, ended up being about four feet from him almost the entire time. Amazing show, absolutely amazing. I'm so glad they played Bad... after the Bankrobbers I was so sure it wasn't gonna happen, but it did.
'night everyone!

Axver said:

I'm just hoping U2 come here before uni starts next year and that my family decide to feel generous. These three Boston shows have left me rather poor.

She's a college professor and I think it just worked out that she doesn't have any classes to teach this semester :) .

Let's see if I can remember all the things on here I was going to respond to:

Someone asked about the length of Bad. I'm fortunate enough to have been at both shows where Bad closed, and I'm fairly sure that last night's was quite a bit shorter than Chicago's.

Axver, on snippets, at the end of Gloria Bono sang something like "Jesus died for the sins of other men," but I'm not sure if that's from a song or just something he said.

Axver said:
Father Abraham IS a song, but I'm not sure the real song is what Bono is singing. Anyone wish to clarify? It was in SBS at Chicago IV too.

He's done the Father Abraham bit in every show I've been to (Chicago 2-3-4 Philly 1 NJ 2), but I think it must have been pretty new at Chicago.

On whether the Bank Robbers or U2 picked Still Haven't Found, it seemed to me that the Bank Robbers guitarist just started playing the riff, but I could have missed some discussion he had with U2. I knew what it was right away, but a lot of others didn't seem to, even in GA. A few people around me seemed annoyed with the Bank Robbers, yelling for them to get off stage. When the guitar player and Larry started into the "punked up" third verse, I initially thought they were segueing into Vertigo or something!

kikehisy said:
On whether the Bank Robbers or U2 picked Still Haven't Found, it seemed to me that the Bank Robbers guitarist just started playing the riff, but I could have missed some discussion he had with U2. I knew what it was right away, but a lot of others didn't seem to, even in GA. A few people around me seemed annoyed with the Bank Robbers, yelling for them to get off stage. When the guitar player and Larry started into the "punked up" third verse, I initially thought they were segueing into Vertigo or something!

I totally agree that the Bank Robbers seemed to be "hamming it up", but all in good fun. Towards the end of the song, Bono said "Thank you Bank Robbers" several times and just smiled. Meanwhile the guitarist just kept rocking and even seemed to challenge Larry to keep playing.
I definitely enjoyed it.

pookybear said:
OMG... this was my first U2 show ever, and I was lucky enough to experience it from the FIRST ROW!!! :hyper: I was on Adam's side, ended up being about four feet from him almost the entire time. Amazing show, absolutely amazing. I'm so glad they played Bad... after the Bankrobbers I was so sure it wasn't gonna happen, but it did.
'night everyone!

:applaud:

Yeah, i have to admit, they were back last night, the first two shows were missing something, but last night they had it. what a great show.

Axver said:

That's what happens when you have an addiction. Money and time are no object when you need a fix. Ha Ha! I'm jealous.

Zootomic said:

Left early? LEFT EARLY???

It's a Joisey thing, what can I tell ya!

Seriously, the traffic can get pretty horrific leaving the Meadowlands. Complicating matters was that the Continental Arena is redoing much of its parking space, which meant we had to park near the football stadium and either take a shuttle bus or walk through a rather long pedestrian sky bridge over a couple of roads. There was a big bottleneck after the show to get into the bridge. Once out of it, though, many of the people parked around me (by the football stadium) had already left, and I had an amazingly easy time getting out of the complex.

Last edited:
Diane L, I sat in traffic for 40 minutes just to get out of the parking lot, only to find the first highway at a standstill.:mad:

Traffic is stuck and you're not moving anywhere:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom