Ear Plugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dabiggestu2fan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Howdy everyone,
I am wondering where i can find ear plugs that will filter but NOT completely block the sound. My gf doesnt like super loud music and I am taking her to the Vancouver show and ofcourse we got GA tickets so i am SURE it will be very loud. As for me bring it on! the louder the better!!!! But she wants to wear ear plugs but i don't want her to miss the sound experience either so I am wondering where i can get those ear plugs that still let in some noise. Thanks a billion!

Nico

During Elevation I brought earplugs and had them in my hand ready to insert as soon as U2 hit the stage. But about 20 or 30 minutes into the show I realized I'd gotten so excited that I had forgotten about the earplugs and I was still clutching them in my hand. What were once two wax plugs had become one big one. :huh: So I said just screw it, obviously I don't need them.

So I can't answer your question.

Check out this website. Then search on earplugs. They have several types that filter different dB levels, without muzzling the sound.

Here's another site with lots of info and options.

Last edited:
You're GA so why don't you get her to stand at the back, while you stand at the front. :wink:

I actually like the sound with ear plugs ON in an arena (at least the one we have in Phoenix). It has horrible sound otherwise. Not sure about the Glendale arena since it's the 1st concert I'm going to there.

i always just wad up napkin pieces and use those ... i have earplugs but never remember to bring them ...

Sweet! thanks everyone for your replies!!!! i will check it out :) Yeah i think she will not be too happy with me going to the very front but hey if it means me sleeping on the cauch for a couple nights then it will still be worth it hehehe

I wore the little foamy ones I got from Virgin Airlines and it blocked out a lot of the noise but didn't negatively impact the band at all. The next morning, my ears were very grateful, no ringing or anything. Try the drugstore, sometimes you can find a box of the foam ear plugs relatively cheap.

yeah luckely i work at rona and we sell those little phoam ones i just thought those may block out too much of the sound but if they work hey why not only couple dollars and with my discount could be less then a dollar? :)

Back
Top Bottom