Drunk and on the floor!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drinking in GA? Hmm... I thought about it, but I doubt it. The two reasons for me is I don't want to lose a good place on the floor to get a beer, and we all know that after you have a couple drinks the calls from nature get pretty demanding.

IMO, being at a U2 in GA with the music cranked so loud and U2 sometimes being within an arms reach is more intoxicating than alcohol is.

ImOuttaControl said:
I don't want to lose a good place on the floor to get a beer

Actually for one of the GA shows on Elevation, we we're downing 'em inside the heart, plus we had brought in some backup "Rumpleminze" from the outside :drunk: , and had no problem with losing our spot's, though we'd never all leave at the same time.

I'd only head to the loo when something I didn't really care for was being played. Yes, I know I'll be struck by lightning for saying so, but songs like the acoustic version of Desire ( :madspit: ) was the perfect opportunity to head out and empty those beers! :wink:

Last edited:
Never had the luck of getting GAs, not on this tour either. But I can assure you, I would be doing plenty of boozing.

I was on the floor for popmart and the thought of leaving to go get a drink didn't even cross my mind.

Well they better be passing out the drinks,because this wee little girl is not moving from her wee little spot.:dancing:

Shouldn't their thrilling performance make you feel drunk and elevated?

And,mind you,this comes from the mouth of a sincere drunkard.:wink:

inside the heart

hold up a second.. did you say you left for beers during the show and you were inside the heart??? i did not know you could get to the bathrooms from in there.. i was under the impression that once you were in there, you had to stay... if not, this could change everything about GA... so like, can you wait in line, get a wristband for the heart, then go do whatever you want and only come back right before u2 takes stage??? wow, i thought you were stuck there for the opening band and everything...

Re: inside the heart

paul2400 said:
hold up a second.. did you say you left for beers during the show and you were inside the heart??? i did not know you could get to the bathrooms from in there.. i was under the impression that once you were in there, you had to stay... if not, this could change everything about GA... so like, can you wait in line, get a wristband for the heart, then go do whatever you want and only come back right before u2 takes stage??? wow, i thought you were stuck there for the opening band and everything...

You get a special wrist band to get into the heart and you may come and go as you please. So go ahead and get yer beer and then go and recycle it! :wink:

P.S. There was a group of us in the heart and only one would leave at a time so we wouldn't lose our spot, but there were no issues with people 'stealing' spots anyway, everyone sort of knew where they were supposed to be and respected that. If you just wanted to be in the heart, I don't see why you couldn't just get in, get your wrist band and go roam around until the band came on, you just wouldn't be able to claim a specific spot unless you had friends in there waiting (but the heart wasn't very big anyway and there was plenty of room)...

Last edited:
Good luck getting back into the heart after the concert starts. The arena I was at had the entrances to the heart on the GA floor. So you would have to navigate (with beer in hand) through the entire GA floor to get back the heart entrance. Imgine all the happy fans that won't let you by because they assume your just trying to get in front of them.

I can't drink beer during a GA show because I won't leave my place...but I drank a lot of straight tequila during some of the Elevation shows.

stonethrowerj said:
Good luck getting back into the heart after the concert starts. The arena I was at had the entrances to the heart on the GA floor. So you would have to navigate (with beer in hand) through the entire GA floor to get back the heart entrance.

THAT would suck!

I don't know about the other venues, but in Chicago there were special aisles running down the sides of GA, so you could easily pass from the heart section up to the stands and into the concourse, for bathrooms, beer, etc...

I never get blitzed at a U2 show. But I do enjoy having 1-2 at the show. One before while there setting up. I"M SO :huh: :crazy: before U2 go on. My heart is beating 1000 per minute. I just think my favorite band and the biggest band in the world is just about to play live, FOR ME!!! Then I have one during the show. But I never get 8-10 beers at show. I want to sound like this singing:

1-2 Beers- "Sometimes you can't make it on your own."

Not like

8-10 Beers-"Soomettemes its Hrad to piccck up teh Fone."

Crikey, would never drink during a gig, want to remember every minute! Although a guinness might be appropiate in the queue to calm the nerves :tongue: < how cool are these smilies by the way! Spoilt for choice.

Back
Top Bottom