Drugs at U2 shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
martha said:

Sweetheart, I saw the Ramones and may others before you were even born, so don't lecture me on what a rock and roll concert is. :rolleyes: You can go to all the concerts fucked up all you want, but if I don't want to stink like an addict when I come out of one, that's ok too.

Martha rules. :wink:

A few shots, a hit off a joint, or a beer or two is all I want before my U2 shows, thanks. And, as many can attest who have gone to shows with me either this tour or last, I've barely done any of those things because I didn't pay the money for the ticket, airfare, etc. and spend X number of hours in line to be altered during the show. It doesn't make sense, to me at least. :shrug:

I agree with Mark/solacevip... U2 is my drug. :drool:

i've seen U2 over 30 times, and over half of them shows i was on ecstasy...it's just a drug i enjoy more then even alcohol. For me, it goes hand and hand with music.

..and I had a damn good time at those shows.

elviscostrummer said:
. Another thing to consider is what would the show be like if everyone in the arena was sober, I gaurantee you it wouldn't be as festive. Why do you think it is that crowds in Boston are so lively? It's because Boston is a town that likes to get sauced. Just listen to a bootleg of Zoo TV at the Boston Garden on st. patrick's day 1992.

you hit the nail on the head with this one. i know i wouldnt be screaming like a maniac if i was totally sober.

after a few drinks i'm all fired up and ready to yell my ass off....and i dont know who told some of these people that you dont remember anything the next day every time you get drunk...i usually rememebr everything and then get to laugh about it the next day.

I have no problem screaming and dancing my fool head off without any chemical help.

I don't even need beer to help me get up to sing karaoke ... although downing a few does make those notes come out a bit louder.

But I realize this might make me a bit of a freak. I'm okay with that. :wink:

corianderstem said:
I have no problem screaming and dancing my fool head off without any chemical help.

Same.
I've only been to 3 concerts, but I HATE when people do drugs near me. There were a ton at Weezer and Paul McCartney, but I didn't notice any at U2, maybe because I was too excited to notice. Someone did spill beer on my stuff but whatever. Just no pot please.

In case I'm misinterpreted ... my statement is not meant to be boasting or uppity that I "don't need booze or drugs."

It's a statement that I'm enough of a freak (or a ham, if you like) to do those things without help.

(I need a spaz smiley.)

I wouldn't be surprised if alcohol made the crowds at U2 shows more festive...maybe not the hardcore fans, we're already festive, but most people attending the shows aren't hardcores, alcohol could very well make them a bit more into the show.

I don't care what people are on or aren't on at a U2 show. Substances do different things for different people, positive and negative. The only thing I ask is that the substance you're on effects only you and not the people around you.

I have no problem with people drinking, taking drugs, doing what they want, so long as they don't spoil the show for me and the people I'm with.

There were people at manchester this year who were so pissed they couldn't POSSIBLY have known that they were at a concert.

There were people getting into fights, and I got knocked off my seat at least three times.

I like a few pints, but these people were acting bloody ridiculous - especially after paying out all that money to get in.

Back
Top Bottom