don't look like anymore shows to be added!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not convinced they will, the shows have sold out pretty quick, but not instant the way London was. I think they'll view Manchester and Glasgow as too close together to warrant another show. Hopefully wrong though.

Have they actually fully sold out yet? It seems they have only sold out the allocations to some agencies.

I'm betting we'll see another Scottish date at least.

If you mean close in distance then that shouldn't be the case. According to AA Route Planner the distance from Manchester to Glasgow is 219.1 miles, while Manchester to London is 204.5 miles.

As far as selling out goes though they sold out of Manchester very quick on Ticketmaster at least. They could easily sell out another night.

But after sitting on this computer for 4 hours I am losing faith in an extra show...

KUEFC09U2 said:
they will, should be announced sometime today

Why today? They can milk this over the weekend and prove they are the biggest live show in the world by letting the media tell everyone how fast the tickets sold out. then they can grab another wave in a week or two by announcing the extra gigs.

Cardiff just for one day? There's room for another and a day off before they head off for Vienna.

And why not the Friday in Twickenham too?

I agree, there'll be more to come in some shape or form. But if I was their agent, I wouldn't announce it today.

Boozyuzi said:
They are only doing 30 European shows.

The initial 24 + extra twickenham, 2 dublins and 2 Amsterdams.

That only leaves 1.

Don't forget the rumoured additional Milan show that has been spoken about.

But how fixed is the figure of 30? There's nothing stopping them adding more and the demand is quite clearly there. We've also had rumours that they'll play extra British dates. I think we will see at least one more (as in 24 + Twickenham II + Dublin II and III + Amsterdam II and III + Milan II + [UK city] II).

Last edited:
andyuk said:
ticketmaster have said more dates will be added this afternoon

OK, so maybe I was wrong. They ought to get themselves a new agent. ;-)

But that 30 date thing is bound to change. Are you telling me they'll only play one night in Dublin? Get away. Even the initial news reports said 'and a second night is expected to be announced later to meet deamnd.'

Just tryin to convince myself here!

I would have thought if they were going to make an announcement, then Radio One would be mentioning it quite frequently....building up tension, making sure you keep on listening. The fact that they haven't made reference to it at least once is a bit strange...

Good ploy to gain a few extra listeners. Nothing else seems to work. Hehe.

I don't know about the UK, but I do know in the US, when they do add more shows it isn't until the tickets go on sale and they sell out quickly that the added shows will show up. Keep checking when tics go on sale. For example, during Elevation tour Boston only had 2 shows listed. Within 30 minutes of tics going on sale they had added another 2 shows. Right now for Veritigo Boston only has 2 shows but I'd bet anything there will be 2 more shows added there.

whens the latest they wil lsell today
i aint sitting at the pc all night just in the hope

i notice soem of the other venues keep coming back onto sale but the links still crash....

Yeah, I noticed that.

It came into my head- I wonder if those tickets becoming available are ones that are being cancelled because they were over the 4-ticket limit....?

hmmmm...

If McGuinness can keep his word, which is doubtful, he will not add any more shows without having another pre-sale for those fans that were left empty handed.

But, up to now, McGuinness has not been able to keep anything...

There wouldn't be another Twickenham because they can only play there on Saturday or Sunday so they would have to go back a week later which I think would be hard work. I think Manchester will get another but only because there are no shows in the Midlands.

I would prefer it in Cardiff.....

Any news on WHEN the tickets will actually be going on sale?

I bet there are thousands of people repeatedly refshing the TM site waiting...they could very easily lessen the load by telling us..

Boozyuki is right in that the European leg is set for 30 dates. That leaked itinerary had a second Twickenham show on June 19 listed all along, but no other additional UK dates. All the other privisional additional dates in Europe already account for the 30 contracted shows.

Now that's not to say that TNA, the promoters of this tour, will not contract for say another 5 shows to be squeezed into Europe, but I think they will have to negotiate this now with U2. As a result, I would not continue checking with Ticketmaster online for additional dates in Manchester, Glasgow and Cardiff, since if they do extend the European leg beyond 30 dates, it will take some time. Perhaps they'll be able to sign the contracts between TNA and U2 quickly and have them announced and on sale as soon as next weekend, but I certainly would not expect additional UK dates before then, if at all. They will do a public announcement if additonal shows do get contracted.

Back
Top Bottom