Does ROCKO come out to let the crowd know about filming a DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Rocko did it for the Chicago DVD, he told the crowd that the show was going to be filmed.

Now, Rocko came out at the Dublin 3 concert, June 27th, 2005 and addressed the audience...

Normally, if ROCKO comes out, a show is filmed, no?

Here's proof he's talking about night 3...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ij-w2yfFVSU

And then from U2tours about the May 9th, 2005 show...

"Rocko, a member of U2's road crew, takes the stage before U2 and tells the crowd tonight's show is being filmed for a DVD, saying it will be a 'magical' show."

a bit off topic but I remember Bono telling the crowd in Vancouver durring the second show(April 29th 2005) that they filmed the whole show. There were different cameras set up than the previous night too including a really big one on a boom over looking the floor.

I didn't hear anything about Dublin 3 being filmed, but the second Dublin concert was definitely filmed! There were lots of cameras during this concerts. But I heard the band filmed quite a few concerts of the tour without plans to release them- just for "personal matters"...
(I think Rocko's task before the Dub 3 concert was to tell the crowed the concert started later because of traffic problems- and that's why U2 got permission to play longer then usually that night)

CTU2fan said:

Because they didnt actually film the show, what they had was one boom crane with a camera that took pictures of the band, this Crane only operated during a few songs and at the time it was assumed that they were trying to get a good dvd cover, Dublin 2 was filmed and will NEVER EVER see the light of day.

It also seems to get to people that they filmed a lot of shows, yes there were little cameras at every show filming the band members but NONE of these would probably not even be mixed and none will definitely even be considered for release

ive seen many news rports that say the u2 is one of the bands that tapes several shows on the vertigo tour for personal reasons, mostly to see what can be made better for future shows

U2 has a 4-5 camera mix of every show they've done since the late 80's.

They do release certain things to media like footage of certain song or Bono talking about a political event during a live show or them playing with Daniel Lanois or another guest satr.

u2fp

They probably have all of the footage from each show from the cameras that went to the big screens.

randy5554 said:
They probably have all of the footage from each show from the cameras that went to the big screens.

I've wondered if they also keep the soundcheck footage.

I bet the cameras also keep rolling when not in use for show. Pride in 97 is good example, when they only use basic lighting for the stage.

u2fp

Hallucination said:
a bit off topic but I remember Bono telling the crowd in Vancouver durring the second show(April 29th 2005) that they filmed the whole show. There were different cameras set up than the previous night too including a really big one on a boom over looking the floor.

I think they were filming the COBL video that night, right?

Cameras were also in Toronto on 9/16 filming Fast Cars.

u2wedge said:

I think they were filming the COBL video that night, right?

Cameras were also in Toronto on 9/16 filming Fast Cars.

the COBL video was shot at a moch concert in a warehouse with a few hundred extras, after they shot the video the band played a mini concert for the extras

i just thought of another possible reason for the filming, maybe they are planning on putting some songs not released as singles on their next best of DVD and want live footage of them, bono has said he really likes miracle drug.

It's not unusual for any rock band, sports team professional or amateur or any theatre group, etc. to film performances to critique or for later sale, documentary, video diary, for whatever reason.

I was on the floor on May 9 and yes, Rocco came out and addressed the audience. I think he also apologized if cameras were in the way, and asked all the sky boxes to shut off their lights.

zepher25 said:

the COBL video was shot at a moch concert in a warehouse with a few hundred extras, after they shot the video the band played a mini concert for the extras

:scratch: I thought it was shot at the arena in Vancouver in between the two shows they did there? Then they filmed parts of the next nights show to use in the video and to practice for the Chicago video shoot. When did they shoot in a warehouse?

Blue Room said:

:scratch: I thought it was shot at the arena in Vancouver in between the two shows they did there? Then they filmed parts of the next nights show to use in the video and to practice for the Chicago video shoot. When did they shoot in a warehouse?

4/24 Seattle
4/25 Seattle
4/26 Day off
4/27 COBL video shoot GM Place
4/28 Vancouver (with more shooting) GM Place
4/29 Vancouver (with more shooting) GM Place
Week off
5/7 Chicago
5/9 Chicago DVD 1st night
5/10 Chicago DVD 2nd night
5/12 Chicago

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:

4/24 Seattle
4/25 Seattle
4/26 Day off
4/27 COBL video shoot GM Place
4/28 Vancouver (with more shooting) GM Place
4/29 Vancouver (with more shooting) GM Place
Week off
5/7 Chicago
5/9 Chicago DVD 1st night
5/10 Chicago DVD 2nd night
5/12 Chicago

u2fp

right... so to clarify, GM Place is an arena, not a warehouse.

Back
Top Bottom