Do you think Ford Center in Oklahoma has a chance?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uuu222

The Fly
The new Ford Center in downtown OKC has attracted many big acts since its opening. Do you think there is a realistic chance the boys will make it here.?
Anyone heard any rumours about OKC and the Ford Center?
I sure hope so. I photograph nearly every act at the Ford Center, and would love to photograph my favorite band in action.

(keeping fingers crossed)

Youlle find out this week according to many net rumours...possibly even tomorrow

I think you got a real good chance. McCartney played there in his second US leg. I think U2 will follow a similar plan given they are both ClearChannel tours.

The Brady? hahhaa...I know you're joking. And Cain's...maybe...lol.

The Ford Center could sell out easily, but on the last tour, all Oklahoma's and people from that region, went to the Denver, Dallas, and KC shows. Well, maybe not the KC show ;), but did anyone really?

I sure hope they make it to Oklahoma, just because I want to hear Bono say the perennial rock line, "Hello, OKLAHOMA!!!"

sure, the cains would make an excellent surprise show... the history in there alone is worth them coming back to it (you can dream)... the brady is, however, a dump and way too small (but it worked in '83)... in reallity, anything within 4 hrs (i.e. KC or Dallas) will work

I think it's a decent bet at this point.

The only real contention that I see, is if it's first leg or second leg (if at all). I think it's safe to say that U2 will play 3 or 4 shows in this region. Typically they play Dallas, KC, STL, and Denver.
Maybe one leg has Dallas, KC and Denver and the other leg has Dallas, OKC and STL.

Then again, maybe they only play Dallas once (not real likely) OKC's proximity to Dallas might keep them away from OKC altogether. I say it's 50/50 at this point.

And I'll add about Tulsa=no chance. The Brady holds what? 5 thousand? No chance. And Cains hahaha. Cains IS a dump, it's just a novelty because the Sex Pistols played there. Maybe (if anything) the Maybee Center or where U of Tulsa plays basketball.

I've seen many concerts in Tulsa, it's a great place for the mid-level artists to play and often times they get better artists than OKC gets concerning smaller than gigantic acts.

I'm can only hope all the speculation is right. The good speculation that is. U2 at the Ford Center would be a sure sell out in oklahoma.

U2DMfan said:
And I'll add about Tulsa=no chance.

no shiat... it was all in good fun you rube...

cains a dump?... have you been there since the renovation?... the cains has been totally redone, and albeit small, is now a premium venue... yeah the pistols played there and so did bob wills and the texas playboys, u2, the police, elvis costello and the attractions and many, many more acts...

now I hope they skip OKC all together and i'll just head back to KC for the show (despite the fact that kemper sucks)...

as an aside, i still rember being in the 8th grade and not allowed to go with my then senior hs cousin to the war tour show at the brady because there might be "drugs"... but i did get a t-shirt... my cousin came home totally baked and i still have the t-shirt...

Last edited:
hate to bring this thread back but ... you should've come up in october to see badly drawn boy it was great... modest mouse in feb and elvis costello in march at the "dump"... i am sure several good shows will be added before then...

Ford Center sucks. They need to allow people to flash others during intermission. They kick a couple people out at the Metallica concert back in May.

Back
Top Bottom