Do you think Bono ever performs while intoxicated?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
promenade1138 said:
Two words: TV GaGa. Okay, so it was almost 20 years ago, but Bono was clearly a little worse for wear (and on live TV, too!). He completely slurs the introduction to Trip Through Your Wires, and he's staggering around far more than usual. I've always wondered if the reason that he gets someone up to finish off Knockin' on Heaven's Door for him (and The Edge) is that he suddenly realizes that he needs to go and be sick somewhere quiet.

is that the same show where they interviewed he and larry, and bono was wearing the bandana around his head and the harley davidson shirt?

if so, i think i've seen pics from this show...

not that it really matters..

Headache in a Suitcase said:

if eddie downed 20 shots of vodka, which even for one with a high tolerance would completely fuck him up... then they spent 75 bucks per shot, according to that bill. at 5 bucks per shot, that would mean that eddie took 300 shots of vodka...

yea... i don't think that $1,500 was just on vodka for eddie... unless it was some reeeeeeally expensive bottle of vodka... like the first vodka ever made or somethin

Um....you can get bottles of vodka up here that cost in excess of $500....$1500 tab is really nothing at an expensive Toronto club...most big wheels order bottles and the bars mark them up QUITE a bit...on my 30th birthday one of my friends walked over to the bar with $500..came back with 2 bottles of Spumanti and one bottle of Dom Perignon....he opened the Spumanti, shared it out, and then opened the Dom...and poured it out over my head and soaked me....he's a lunatic...lol..

G

i go away for a week and this thread is still on the first page, very nice

i really think bono was either drunk or hopped up on pain killers for his back at the 9/21 show.

:lmao: :lmao: you're killing me here...

And the :drunk: winners are :lol: :

Headache in a Suitcase said:
thank you mr. wizard.

let's just go out on a limb now, based on previous stories, that bono is not one of these 1 beer drunks.

JOFO said:
isn't he irish?:wink:

JOFO said:
an ENTIRE can of beer?????

And for the true pleban:
Carmelu2fan said:
Bono Claus:drool: I wan to sit on his lap!:wink:

:D heaven forbid, drinking... :lmao:

I went to a club in NY that was charging an absolute minimum of $200 for bottles of booze. These were not flashy vintage champagnes either, but standard bottles of Bacardi etc that are worth 1/10th of that. Supply and demand. If there are people who are dumb enough to pay it, there are people who are smart enough to charge it!

Back
Top Bottom