Did they really rehearse Mofo/Discotheque?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would imagine that when they start rehearsing songs, their debut could still be a few shows away... They haven't played Mofo since 1998, and it would be one of the more difficult songs to pull off. Maybe it takes time....maybe they suck at it and ditched it.

I'm one of those that has been tickled into a hard on with the thought of hearing Mofo live again, but I wouldn't expect it the day of or day after they pick it up again for the first time.

Earnie Shavers said:
They haven't played Mofo since 1998, and it would be one of the more difficult songs to pull off. Maybe it takes time....maybe they suck at it and ditched it.

it's all on tape.

Axver said:
Yes, they did rehearse both songs.

Did they work on Mofo today, I think it was Terry just working on the keyboard main bassline sequencer. I'm not sure the band ran through it.

Blue Room said:

Did they work on Mofo today, I think it was Terry just working on the keyboard main bassline sequencer. I'm not sure the band ran through it.

The reports from Toronto said the band themselves rehearsed it on the 13th. At least, people reported hearing Mofo rehearsed for an extended period of time after Discotheque and one referred to it as sounding very straight-ahead rock and roll, which leads me to believe it was the band and not just some sequencing/keyboards.

I haven't heard a single word about the soundcheck of the 14th, though.

Axver said:

The reports from Toronto said the band themselves rehearsed it on the 13th. At least, people reported hearing Mofo rehearsed for an extended period of time after Discotheque and one referred to it as sounding very straight-ahead rock and roll, which leads me to believe it was the band and not just some sequencing/keyboards.

Interesting, so they heard Edge hitting the 747 riff? Would be pretty clear. Or did they just hear the bass rumble of the sequencer. I guess I'm a tad skeptical that they worked on it. I think its possible its in consideration to be worked on and thats why Terry was messing with the bassline keyboard sequence on it. I guess time will tell.

Axver said:

I think all these "reports" we keep getting, are rubbish. None of them have come true.

Lemon, Exit, Ultraviolet, Mofo, Discotheque, Crumbs?

Right. I've got a bridge to sell ya.

MrBrau1 said:

I think all these "reports" we keep getting, are rubbish. None of them have come true.

They worked on Crumbs during the first leg and obviously at the start of the Euro leg, but I dont think its going to get played at a show at this point. The rest you have listed I also think were BS for the most part. I can see Discotheque though being done, and like I said in this thread, maybe a tech working on the Mofo parts.

MrBrau1 said:

Your argument is rather weakened by the fact there's even a recording of U2 soundchecking Crumbs on tour.

Axver said:

Your argument is rather weakened by the fact there's even a recording of U2 soundchecking Crumbs on tour.

Yeah? You keep on believing.

The proof is in the pudding as they say.

Look at the sets.

Lots of "rumored" songs showing up. Every show brings out a new one.:|

You were just saying the rumours were horseshit and I said that we actually have a recording of one, showing it's not fake.

I wish they'd get their act together and play some of these songs, though. I'll keep hoping for Toronto III and IV ...

MrBrau1 said:

Yeah? You keep on believing.

The proof is in the pudding as they say.

Look at the sets.

Lots of "rumored" songs showing up. Every show brings out a new one.:|

:laugh: Well, Axver is right, they did rehearse Crumbs and there is a recording of it. Not sure what other proof you need of that.

Axver said:
You were just saying the rumours were horseshit and I said that we actually have a recording of one, showing it's not fake.

I wish they'd get their act together and play some of these songs, though. I'll keep hoping for Toronto III and IV ...

Give me 10 minutes and I'll post a "snippet" of U2 soundchecking "In God's Country" or "Dirty Day."

MrBrau1 said:

Give me 10 minutes and I'll post a "snippet" U2 soundchecking "In God's Country" or "Dirty Day."

:laugh: Here we go. So you are saying the soundcheck/rehearsal recording is a fake??? :laugh: Its a conspiracy!!! :laugh: Come on, I know you are frustrated with the setlists and I know this is your act to rag on them, but at least make some sense.

Plus, it was more than a snippet, it was most of the song.

Blue Room said:

:laugh: Here we go. So you are saying the soundcheck/rehearsal recording is a fake??? :laugh: Its a conspiracy!!! :laugh: Come on, I know you are frustrated with the setlists and I know this is your act to rag on them, but at least make some sense.

Plus, it was more than a snippet, it was most of the song.

I should do this. Make fake soundcheck recordings. I could just take a live recording and muffle the recording, and post 30 seconds or so.

Lemon
Mofo
Exit
Discotheque
Gone
One Tree Hill

I could really fuck with some people.:shifty:

Might be fun.

MrBrau1 said:

I could really fuck with some people.:shifty:

Might be fun.

This explains your personality and posts in a nutshell. I think you need some fresh air and sunshine and go enjoy doing something constructive.

Blue Room said:
Oh, and make them please. I will be interested to hear how authentic they sound.

Yeah, as lame and mean-spirited as this is, I'd like to hear if it actually sounds like U2 rehearsed LNOE before Toronto II.

Axver said:

Yeah, as lame and mean-spirited as this is, I'd like to hear if it actually sounds like U2 rehearsed LNOE before Toronto II.

I've done enough recording to know it could be done.

Muffle the mike with a sweater. Boost the Mid EQ. Overlay some random talking or wind.

MrBrau1 said:

I've done enough recording to know it could be done.

Muffle the mike with a sweater. Boost the Mid EQ. Overlay some random talking or wind.

Ok, when should we expect your 2 minute fake of Crumbs that duplicates the recording that is out their of the Belgian rehearsals. Should be no problem, right?

Back
Top Bottom