Did they really rehearse Mofo/Discotheque?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Room said:

Ok, when should we expect your 2 minute fake of Crumbs that duplicates the recording that is out their of the Belgian rehearsals. Should be no problem, right?

Tuesday.:madspit:

It can't be that hard, considering we had fake Q&A sessions with Edge on this site. :wink:

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:

Thought it was easy? From the way you talked you could whip up a sample in minutes?? Looking forward to it still.

It is funny, because on this one song, you dont know how wrong you are. Seriously. I think you do though, but this is your thing to try to stir stuff up like this. I'm just playing along because I think its hilarious. :laugh:

Blue Room said:

Thought it was easy? From the way you talked you could whip up a sample in minutes?? Looking forward to it still.

It is funny, because on this one song, you dont know how wrong you are. Seriously. I think you do though, but this is your thing to try to stir stuff up like this. I'm just playing along because I think its hilarious. :laugh:

Imagine if I did get good at it? This place would explode. I'd know exactly what songs would get everyone REALLY excited. It would be a riot. Literally.

MrBrau1 said:

Imagine if I did get good at it? This place would explode. I'd know exactly what songs would get everyone REALLY excited. It would be a riot. Literally.

Go for it, you said it was easy and you would. Cant wait to hear it. Put your money where your mouth is.

I heard Discotheque being played during the day at the ACC today, but it was just some of the guitar parts, so it could have been a tech fooling around

the boys were playing discotheque for what seemed like forever at the soundcheck just before the show tonight. heard it with my own ears.

3+ phenomenon .... the last show will include one or two specials...... Don't expect spectacular things on a second night...

......in this age of highspeed internet newsgroups etc..... so called 'news' of songs being soundchecked/rehearsed leads into some kind of reality of 'they will be playing it tonight'......
... keep your feet on the ground guys....... and think of the past....
Setlists have been similar all around.......

MrBrau1 said:

I think all these "reports" we keep getting, are rubbish. None of them have come true.

Lemon, Exit, Ultraviolet, Mofo, Discotheque, Crumbs?

Right. I've got a bridge to sell ya.

i was on the phone with a friend standing outside the ACC and could hear parts of Discotheque. She'd been there for some time and said it had been rehearsed for about 30 minutes. So, not rubbish.

My guess is that they had planned on doing it last night----all the rehearsal rumors, tech or not, and the disco ball----but they probably didn't feel ready with it or something and left it out. That would explain the short setlist, too.

short setlist ...mmmm 20 songs, didn't they play about 20-21 songs in the first leg?? ...the 23-24 set appeared in Europe, now didn't it?

Well, I am saying "short" setlist in that they may have dropped the two Pop songs they might have been thinking about..making it shorter than what they've been recently doing, and 4 shorter than the show two nights before. I don't mean "short" in that it was only 14 songs long.

Jeez--why'd this thread get so belligerent?:huh:

Fuck all of this - I would love to hear a fake recording of a rehearsal of One Tree Hill.

It is the closest thing to me every hearing it live again in my life.

sad.

:|

wtonis said:
3+ phenomenon .... the last show will include one or two specials...... Don't expect spectacular things on a second night...

there should be spectacular things every night!

There were reports of Lemon being rehearsed ahead of the European leg, but it just never surfaced. Maybe they try these songs but they just don't work out.

I can't believe you are all actually having this conversation. Faked reports from the soundcheck? Give me a break. There is no reason to doubt the band realyl is playing Discotheque or Lemon or Exit at their soundchecks. It's just so that they can get their mics and PA and shit set up, plus provides the band with some rehearsal time. Just because they play the songs doesn't mean they are gonig to be in the show though. That's just bad judgement.

And, even if these reports ARE fake, it doesn't mean shit either war. Like I said, playing a song in soundcheck has practically no baring on the actual show.

dandy said:
the boys were playing discotheque for what seemed like forever at the soundcheck just before the show tonight. heard it with my own ears.

maybe U2 will just play a 2 hour version of Discotheque tomorrow, with snippets of Vertigo and Old Man River twice.

Utoo said:
Well, I am saying "short" setlist in that they may have dropped the two Pop songs they might have been thinking about..making it shorter than what they've been recently doing, and 4 shorter than the show two nights before. I don't mean "short" in that it was only 14 songs long.

Jeez--why'd this thread get so belligerent?:huh:

I agree that is probably one of the reasons behind the slightly shorter set-list than usual. They might have been thinking of playing Discotheque but were not satisfied with how it sounded during the soundcheck.

MrBrau1 said:
No. It's all horseshit. Look at the 1st 2 Toronto sets.

Horseshit, huh? I was one of 6 people outside listening to it. They ran through it for a full hour, actually, during rehearsal on the 13th. Then Mofo for about 30 - 45 minutes. Complete, with vocals.

And lo and behold, they played Discotheque last night. :ohmy:

Looks like I was right, and you were wrong. That gives me the utmost satisfaction, after reading your setlist bitching for months. :wink:

Off to Chicago.... :hyper:

Last edited:
I'm very happy to be wrong about this. :ohmy:

But Discotheque replacing Zoo Station doesn't help the set.

Discotheque AND Zoo Station? That would be great.

And poor Gloria, 4 shows in one city, and it's not played once. :sad:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom