Did better this tour than last.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmb737

Refugee
Sorry to those of you who haven't had luck, but I must admit (even after being shut out on presale and having my code deactivated) I did better on this gereral onsale than I did on Elevation.

I went only for GA's and got 4 seperate pairs of them. I could have had many many good seats if I could afford them, but don't want those.

I am kind of surprised by the amount of people that got completely shut out. It just doesn't add up to me. I wonder if there is something you are doing to reduce your chances. No offense or anything, it is just that I felt that there were tickets to a lot of shows (especially the 2nd and 3rd dates) even in the high demand areas.

Yes, MSG and NYC in general got hosed, but other than that it wasn't too bad.

I think there was a lot of things you could do that really helped with TM. For example the Sat and Sun onsale, I didn't get 1 error message.

Tips to try for Monday:

1. Turn off firewall
2. Clear Cookies frequently
3. Turn off pop up blocker/spy ware hunter
4. USE ONLY ONE BROWSER
5. Turn off all unnecesary programs
6. Reset your modem to change your IP address
7. Use different credit cards if purchasing multiple shows
8. Enlist friends to help
9. When tickets go on sale, try for 1 (or 2 if you are daring) GA immediately and not best available.

Best of luck for those out there trying to trade make deals. I just wanted to share that I am a bit encouraged and excited again. Hope I am not the only one.

PS...please don't bash me for my luck either. Just trying to encourage people not debate how much TM sucks or anything.

Last edited:
what you mean your tickets werent stolen buy touts? whatever next, didnt you know everyone elses were, "sarcasam"

Turning off your computer doesnt reset your IP address. But all the other ideas you have should help people, although I think for the most part you were generally just lucky to get those GA tickets. Although I did get a pair of San Diego GA's for the second show but I gave them up so that some other fan who could actually attend could have them.

I totally agree with you. Your odds are better if you try and pull 1 GA at a time. I did very well with that for the last tour. I wasn't really trying for tickets yesterday (except to help for reserved tix for a friend in San Diego). I sure am nervous about the 3rd leg! ahh.

cmb737 said:

1. Turn off firewall
2. Clear Cookies frequently
3. Turn off pop up blocker/spy ware hunter
4. USE ONLY ONE BROWSER
5. Turn off all unnecesary programs
6. Turn off computer between onsale times to reset IP Address
7. Use different credit cards if purchasing multiple shows
8. Enlist friends to help
9. When tickets go on sale, try for 1 (or 2 if you are daring) GA immediately and not best available.

Best of luck for those out there trying to trade make deals. I just wanted to share that I am a bit encouraged and excited again. Hope I am not the only one.

PS...please don't bash me for my luck either. Just trying to encourage people not debate how much TM sucks or anything.

1. Hmm...is it better to use a home PC with the firewall off, or a PC on a T1 line at school/work that sits behind an institutional firewall?

2. Really? Wouldn't this erase your TM login and CC info and cost precious seconds?

Just some thoughts.

PS. Lucky bastard.

Re: Re: Did better this tour than last.

speedracer said:

1. Hmm...is it better to use a home PC with the firewall off, or a PC on a T1 line at school/work that sits behind an institutional firewall?

2. Really? Wouldn't this erase your TM login and CC info and cost precious seconds?

Just some thoughts.

PS. Lucky bastard.

Clearing cookies does clear your login for TM, but it is worth it when you have to refresh many many times. You can log in after you secure tickets and are in the payment phase.

BTW, several times, the fuzzy word image thingie wouldn't display. In Internet Explorer, right-clicking and choosing Show Image made it show up, but in Firefox, right-clicking and choosing View image results in a "400 Bad Request" error from TM. fwiw.

Back
Top Bottom