Did anybody else find this interesting about the new tour from McGuiness?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
In an interview with U2.Com, Paul McGuinness revealed that two different productions were underway for the tour as it would open indoors in the US and then play outdoors through the summer in Europe. ‘Willie Williams and Mark Fisher are already at work on designing the shows.’

:hyper:

Zoo TV wasn't that different production-wise outdoors was it?

Should be interesting...

That's probably because they will be playing stadiums in Europe like they did in Italy and Germany last time. I guess they'll be coming to the same arenas in the US? I hope so, only add more!

yes. i'm really interested to see how they go about the stage design and attitude on this tour. the album is a little meaner than their last one, and i hope they put that into their live show.

I think ZooTV outdoors was different than ZooTV indoors in the sense that they made the stage towers taller, added more screens and Bono dropped mirror ball man for MacPhisto... Though MacPhisto was created for the european audiences because Mirrorball man was more American.

I truly believe that the 2nd leg in the US will see some stadium shows. I think that they're playing on the safe side right now by saying arenas. If the demand is there (which I'm sure it will be), they'll probably go ahead and do stadiums in the US in the fall. But, by about October, the weather is usually unpredictable in most of the markets they would be doing stadiums. (Phili, NYC, Chicago, Boston, DC). Sometimes in October you get those beautiful Indian Summer nights (hint hint..), and sometimes it's just cold and miserable. So maybe they will only do arenas in the states after all. Not that I care, just a thought.

I do not think that two totally different shows will be designed. It's got to do with the lightning.

When indoors, it will be dark throughout the evening. In summer in Europe there'll be daylight throughout the greater part of the first half of the show. Willie Williams has to make adaptions for that.

I believe that the basic principle of the show will be the same for both outdoor and indoor shows.

Matthew_Page2000 said:
Yeah, playing in the round is too predictable. I hope they play on the ceiling and we have to crane our necks. :laugh:

If we were simultaneously underwater, it would be much better. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom