Detroit Setlist Watch and Party - Part I (Stream Available)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AtomicBono said:
what song is this and why don't I know it?
It's one of the Salome outtakes. It's largely mush, but other people like it lots.

Brandon is sounding a little like mid-80s Bono here... Ah no wonder...it IS Bono. :der: Guess it's been a long time since I've listened to the outtakes...:tongue:

typhoon said:

It's one of the Salome outtakes. It's largely mush, but other people like it lots.

It's largely a rip-off from that Lionel Ritchie song... once, twice, three times a lady... or something like that... :huh:

"Elvis Presley and America" is one of my favorite songs off The Unforgettable Fire, and I still think this sucks.

One of my favorite U2 lyrics of all time, precisely because it makes no literal sense...but you know what it means just because of the way it is:

I wanna chance to hold you.
I wanna chance to kiss you.
I wanna chance to keep you awake at night,
when the sunlight burns through your love.
But you can't always get everything you want.
You take cards from all over the table:
baby, you're heaven...
heaven and hell.

I'll never forget reading the Bomb tracklist and seeing "Crumbs From Your Table." Oh, my God...I was convinced it would be this song and that "cards" had turned to "crumbs." I cannot begin to share my astonishing disappointment when I started reading real publicity and lyrics and shit (and Bono's own remarks about the song) and subsequently realized that the song remains in the vaults. SUCH a shame...

If you shout... said:
One of my favorite U2 lyrics of all time, precisely because it makes no literal sense...but you know what it means just because of the way it is:

baby, you're heaven...
heaven and hell.

I'll never forget reading the Bomb tracklist and seeing "Crumbs From Your Table." Oh, my God...I was convinced it would be this song and that "cards" had turned to "crumbs." I cannot begin to share my astonishing disappointment when I started reading real publicity and lyrics and shit (and Bono's own remarks about the song) and subsequently realized that the song remains in the vaults. SUCH a shame...

Songs like this and "Mercy" are better than any other band's released work. That's one of the major reasons that U2 is the great band that they are.

If you shout... said:

baby, you're heaven...
heaven and hell.

Wow, I totally understand that...

I like this song. It's atmospheric and kinda sexy. I propose that U2 put this on their next album alongside Mercy and...other...stuff....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom