Denver II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love snippets...although i wish one night that Stories for Boys would come out of snippet heaven....i would love to hear the complete version....if only for one night :).

Axver, I, too like snippets. I got really excited when Bono sang parts of So Long Maryanne during Beautiful Day (I think) at the LA show.

I don't like the "Hands" snippets...I usually love snippets, don't get me wrong. My favorite thing about "Bad" is all the snippets...but in Bullet, I want talking, I want "100, 200..." etc, and frankly I'll take the Tempe '87 hard solo over the bluesy solo...

Since Bono has said that HTDAAB is about redeemed innocence it rules out them doing a lot of the '90's stuff (much of those songs are darker thematically).

CTU2fan said:
I don't like the "Hands" snippets...I usually love snippets, don't get me wrong. My favorite thing about "Bad" is all the snippets...but in Bullet, I want talking, I want "100, 200..." etc, and frankly I'll take the Tempe '87 hard solo over the bluesy solo...

:yes:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Well...I think it's different.

And yes...I do like the snippets...makes the song more unique.

It's not different if it's been done every single night. They're more standard than The Electric Co.

Yeah, I'm not to jazzed about the Hands that... snippet either. That song just never sparked for me.

i love 90's U2, but the only tunes i see fitting in this tour that haven't been played are:

Ultraviolet
Until The End........
Discotheque
Gone

CTU2fan said:

Same here with me...I think that most of us are use to the Speech during Bullet...and want to hear that speech again whenever they play Bullet...like me!

Axver said:
Zootopia person,

Was The Hands That Built America included in Bullet along with When Johnny Comes Marching Home?

Everyone here,

Am I the only person who likes these snippets? I would prefer the solos of previous tours, but I LOVE these snippets. Adds a whole new dimension and feeling to the song.
I love the Johnny Comes Marching Home snippet, it's awesome in person

SETLIST

* COBL
* Beautiful Day
* Vertigo
* Elevation
* GLORIA
* Ocean confirmed - thanks Queen Bee
* NYD
* Miracle Drug
* SYCMIOYO
* LPOE
* SBS
* BTBS // johnny comes marching home
* RTSS
Declaration of Human Rights (very loud cheers)
* BAD

||Hi Axfer - couldn't tell...lets just say the crowd is rather spirited tonight :) ||

BAD!!!!! yay! :drool:

Vervefloyd said:

i was floored when they played the full band version of please in baltimore in 2001. not a tight version of it, but it's my favorite song and it came out of nowhere. it would be a welcome addition to the set.

hey i was at Bmore 2001!!! right in front of Edge!

angel_28 said:
I love snippets...although i wish one night that Stories for Boys would come out of snippet heaven....i would love to hear the complete version....if only for one night :).

I would pay U2 a lot of money if they were to break out in a full Stories For Boys and then follow it with Boy/Girl --> Out Of Control like back in the days of Boy.

The snippets have been around forever. Listen to Under a Blood Red Sky. Send in the Clowns is a snippet. Later, 'Gloria' during Exit was a popular snippet, as were 'Ruby Tuesday' and 'Sympathy for the Devil' in Bad.

Snippets are classic U2.

MikeSt said:

hey i was at Bmore 2001!!! right in front of Edge!

i was at the top of the heart when bono starting talking over the string intro to please. its the best show ive ever seen. i liked how they didnt have to play to anyone behind them because of the wall.

Of course, my wife loves Bad, and we're flying to Seattle in the morning for the Sunday show. Does that mean no Bad on Sunday?

angel_28 said:
||Hi Axfer - couldn't tell...lets just say the crowd is rather spirited tonight :) ||

Well, :rockon: to the crowd then! I'll keep looking around and I'll see if I can find any word elsewhere. Pretty safe to bet that a line appeared somewhere, though.

And BAD! YES! :drool:

Chizip said:

i have a feeling they think just having zoo station and the fly makes 90's fans happy

:confused: don't they understand us 90s fans want oh-so-much more.... hopefully they will add something new! please would be great, or gone, EBTTRT :drool: , UTEOTW, wild horses, etc etc... i won't even start w/ "acro***"!!! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom