Dallas Setlist Watch, Party, and Live Stream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
timothius said:

I really had no idea it was that bad. That really throws me. I mean this July we had a power cut in my area from 6:30pm to 9:00 pm - and I nearly lost my mind... :reject:

I did lose my mind when we lost power for five days in the hurricanes last year, mainly because I couldn't have coffee. I ended up breaking down because we had no caffeine, my brother ended up breaking down because we had no TV and my Dad and Stepmum ended up breaking down because of the combination of my brother and I :happy: I'm glad to here you guys are safe though.

Sami, do they have any idea how long it will be before power is fully restored? Are they talking weeks?
I'm surprised at the media there reporting that things are back to normal. With respect, they do have a tendency to blow things out of proportion somewhat (except in regards to the Louisiana situation, unsurprisingly), and with it being Jeb Bush's state, I would have thought there would have been alot more emphasis on it :shrug:

Last edited:
Just checking in - hello to all :wave: Glad to see you are ok sami :hug:

Congrats on 500 posts wenda. And well wishes to all the rest - Just trying to type quickly, since I just got home.

I have no sound on gorman's broadcast, at least not yet.

As for ramblin rose, she said she has some crappy seats in section 220, but she has the great vantage point for behind the scenes activity. She saw a setlist change take place. Dallas & another tech ripped some up and replaced with others.

As for inmyplace, he got to the arena about 7:30am. He was number 77. And.... He's IN THE ELLIPSE :dance: Should be right in front on Edge's side - so happy for him (he was quite worried). Now you can all just worry for me on 11/2 :lmao:

All you need is.... :love:

Darn I didn't know I came to the setlist party so early! :huh: Oh well that leaves me with plenty of time to boost my post count...

-testing signature-

BTW. Anyone have a favorite track off of October? I haven't listened to it all yet, but so far I really love I Threw a Brick Through a Window! :drool:

beau2ifulday said:

:lmao: and :yikes:, at the same time.

My English class are remarkably pro-femanist (that's what you get from going to a single sex school for so long, I guess).
I can only imagine the reactions my teachers would have had if i'd been inventive enough to come out with something like that. 'Femenazi' is truly ingenius though :giggle:

I like to play Devils Advocate every now and again. It's a fun game and often helps everyone learn a bit better, when you are arguing two points of view rather than just studying.

For the record the chauvinist comments were really a cover for my nightly bra burning parties. :shifty:

Lila64 said:

As for ramblin rose, she said she has some crappy seats in section 220, but she has the great vantage point for behind the scenes activity. She saw a setlist change take place. Dallas & another tech ripped some up and replaced with others.

:hmm:

boomcha, anyone?

Oh I'm so happy for Inmyplace!! That's so awesome!!!!

Setlist changes eh .. hmmm :hmm: Well last night I dreamt they played a little bit of Acrobat.. so perhaps an Acrobat snippet? hehe

Thanks for all the info Lila! Glad to know that I'm not the only one who currently hears nothing on the stream ;)

Lila64 said:

As for inmyplace, he got to the arena about 7:30am. He was number 77. And.... He's IN THE ELLIPSE :dance: Should be right in front on Edge's side - so happy for him (he was quite worried). Now you can all just worry for me on 11/2 :lmao:

That means his sign will be very visible :applaud:

Sending good vibes your way, Lila, for the both of you at LA :yes: :hyper:

timothius said:

:shocked:

I really had no idea it was that bad. That really throws me. I mean this July we had a power cut in my area from 6:30pm to 9:00 pm - and I nearly lost my mind... :reject:

:hug: it IS that bad. :( everything here is RUINED. I don't care about there not being any news coverage, but don't tell everyone that things are back to normal!! I haven't been to school in a week and I don't even know when we will be going back!! Lines for the few gas stations that are open because they have power are MILES long, and you have to wait for 3-5 hours! one of my grandpa's friends waited on line for 4 hours, and got to the front to be told there was no gas left. He literally started crying :sad: things are HORRIBLE down here :sigh:

beau2ifulday said:

I did lose my mind when we lost power for five days in the hurricanes last year, mainly because I couldn't have coffee. I ended up breaking down because we had no caffeine, my brother ended up breaking down because we had no TV and my Dad and Stepmum ended up breaking down because of the combination of my brother and I :happy: I'm glad to here you guys are safe though.

Sami, do they have any idea how long it will be before power is fully restored? Are they talking weeks?
I'm surprised at the media there reporting that things are back to normal. With respect, they do have a tendency to blow things out of proportion somewhat (except in regards to the Louisiana situation, unsurprisingly), and with it being Jeb Bush's state, I would have thought there would have been alot more emphasis on it :shrug:

they are saying that power won't be fully restored until November 22 :ohmy: I'm surprised they can even do it that fast- driving from my house to here we saw a ton of powerlines snapped down and lying in the street. The poles fell down into the street and trees fell on them!!

I just hope and pray that Miami gets power by the 13th because I have tickets to the U2 shows!!! :lol:

sami0201 said:

On the Today show this morning they were saying how south Florida is back to normal now. I wanted to rip my hair out!! are they joking?! my family up there said that there's barely any news coverage on it! Over 2 million people still don't have power!! and you can't even drive anywhere because there's NO gas and the whole city is ruined. Completey gone. No more trees, no more fences, etc. It's complete devastation when you go around down here. I'll post pictures when I get home (if we ever get power!!!)

That is so horrible!! Why are they glossing over it like it was just a freak rainstorm? Unbelievable! :mad:

I hope your family is okay, sami.

sami0201 said:

I just hope and pray that Miami gets power by the 13th because I have tickets to the U2 shows!!! :lol:

At least throughout this horrible process you've kept your priorities in order :hug: ;)

In all seriousness though, I hope things get cleared up more rapidly than late November. It's going to be an absolute bitch for people who have to go without power - especially in the kind of heat in FL.

beau2ifulday said:

At least throughout this horrible process you've kept your priorities in order :hug: ;)

In all seriousness though, I hope things get cleared up more rapidly than late November. It's going to be an absolute bitch for people who have to go without power - especially in the kind of heat in FL.

:lol: when the actual storm was happening and we were all huddled inside, I said to my mom "I could be in Detroit right now in the GA line!!!" :reject:

I hope things get cleared up sooner too. The past week has been a blessing though, it hasn't been hot like usual. We got a coldfront right after the storm and it's been in the 60's-70's all week so we haven't been dying. It's supposed to get hot again in a day or 2 so again I'm so thankful that my grandparents got power :bow:

sami0201 said:

:hug: it IS that bad. :( everything here is RUINED. I don't care about there not being any news coverage, but don't tell everyone that things are back to normal!! I haven't been to school in a week and I don't even know when we will be going back!! Lines for the few gas stations that are open because they have power are MILES long, and you have to wait for 3-5 hours! one of my grandpa's friends waited on line for 4 hours, and got to the front to be told there was no gas left. He literally started crying :sad: things are HORRIBLE down here :sigh:

:sad:

Thats awful. Just awful.

I hope somewhere in the next 6 months everything sorts itself out for your insurance covers everything you need etc. :up:

60s for a cold front? I miss Florida sometimes. It snowed here in NY this week. Though, I'd take snow over a hurricane anytime!

wenda said:

On the Today show this morning they were saying how south Florida is back to normal now. I wanted to rip my hair out!! are they joking?! my family up there said that there's barely any news coverage on it! Over 2 million people still don't have power!! and you can't even drive anywhere because there's NO gas and the whole city is ruined. Completey gone. No more trees, no more fences, etc. It's complete devastation when you go around down here. I'll post pictures when I get home (if we ever get power!!!)

Sorry to hear about that. Yeah, the power of the press. Look how much coverage New Orleans received (deservedly so) but looks like they don't even care about the Floridians!

oh :censored:

I forgot that Dallas is a different time zone!!! I should let my brother have his hour on the computer now so I can hear the show open!!!

I hope there will still be a space left on the stream :uhoh:

gotta go guys, be back later!! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom