Dallas Setlist Watch, Party, and Live Stream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
timothius said:

SOR was utter shite. Apparently learning about Aborigional history constitues religion. I was appauled. It was my last exam too, I walked out with an hour to spare because I didn't care. :lol:

Best teacher I had was English. He was the most fantastic teacher & human being ever to grace this planet. :bow:

We covered Aboriginal mythology in grade eleven. Grade twelve had fantastic units on Buddhism and Islam, though the main attraction of the class was the teacher (who also taught maths, but didn't do grade 11-12 Maths B or Maths C, even though he was the best mathematician in the school).

My second best was grade twelve English and Geography. She ruled. Her and I would debate things that went right over the heads of everyone else. Let me tell you, Pervez Musharraf confuses the average teenager! :lol:

Topic=Outstanding!

What a perfect time to mention the 2 new purchases I made today! ...

1.) October- I'm really loving this CD so far. I've only listened to about the first 5 tracks but I dig each and every one of them. This is definitely a great buy! I'm happy I got it! My iPod is just bursting with U2 goodness right now! :drool:

2.) The Best of 1990-2000 DVD- Another awesome buy. Although It's only videos, I'm still enjoying it alot! The documentaries are super cool, and I love the videos with live footage. I never have seen the ZooTV and PopMart concerts :sad: But I'm glad to catch a glimpse of that era. The trippy video for Staring at the Sun and the hilarious one for Discotheque are my favorites at the moment. As well as Last Night On Earth, just because I love that song. And Lemon too, and and and... They're all great. :wink:

Anyway, now on to the setlist partay! -hands out hats and noise makers- I'm expecting a huge shocker tonight! Not really, but I'm trying to get everyone excited! OH YEAH! :rockon:

~BrightestStar~ said:

I am now. :wink

I just wanted to secure my chance to listen to B singing in a washing machine. :happy :p

How are you? :hug

I'm ok :hug: the week SUCKED without power!! you don't realize how much you depend on electricity until it's gone!!! I had my first hot shower yesterday :drool: My grandparents got power back yesterday, so I'm here now :) still nothing at my house :angry:

and I was on the phone with the internet company for like an hour this afternoon trying to get service back :lol: :bow:

sami0201 said:

I'm ok :hug the week SUCKED without power!! you don't realize how much you depend on electricity until it's gone!!! I had my first hot shower yesterday :drool: My grandparents got power back yesterday, so I'm here now :) still nothing at my house :angry

and I was on the phone with the internet company for like an hour this afternoon trying to get service back :lol: :bow:

Awww :hug:
I still remember that big black out that happened...one or two summers ago in August up here. It was crazy, not having any power......it was ok for a day, but I can't imagine a week.

And :lol: about phoning the company. You must be obsessed :wink:

So did you guys fair ok? I watched CNN religiously......but no giant lemons to be seen :sad:

And Hi B2D! Nice to see you! :)

beau2ifulday said:
It can be less rigid - there are alot of post 16 options depending on what route you want to take in life and depending on your GCSE results(really, loads) - some are not open to you if you don't do well in the GCSEs. I would prefer to have taken a more liberal route, but it's not really practical with the unis i'm applying for.

Yeah. In Australia (or at least NSW) the only thing that matters is a number which is essentially to average of all your marks (weighed against people in your class and state, then scaled up or down depending on the subject, degree of difficulty and average of the state). So really you can pick any subjects and get into anything if you do well. :hyper:

Or, alternatly you can pick the right subjects and do shit... and still get into what you want. :wink:

Axver said:

We covered Aboriginal mythology in grade eleven. Grade twelve had fantastic units on Buddhism and Islam, though the main attraction of the class was the teacher (who also taught maths, but didn't do grade 11-12 Maths B or Maths C, even though he was the best mathematician in the school).

My second best was grade twelve English and Geography. She ruled. Her and I would debate things that went right over the heads of everyone else. Let me tell you, Pervez Musharraf confuses the average teenager! :lol:

Aborigional mythology was tediously boring and the syllabuys dictated that it had to be taught from the most bleeding heart liberal stance possible. I think at one point we were taught Hitler attacked the Aborigionals and not the Jews... :hmm:

I taught myself Year 12 English. :wink:

Congrats on post number five oh oh Wenda! :applaud:

I remember when the ice storm came through here in '98. We were without power for three and a half days, the road was blocked off by fallen and broken telephone poles. There were some folks who were without power for two weeks! But yea, you really realize how dependant you are on it when it goes out.

~BrightestStar~ said:

Awww :hug
I still remember that big black out that happened...one or two summers ago in August up here. It was crazy, not having any power......it was ok for a day, but I can't imagine a week.

And :lol: about phoning the company. You must be obsessed :wink

So did you guys fair ok? I watched CNN religiously......but no giant lemons to be seen :sad

And Hi B2D! Nice to see you! :)

just a little obsessed :lol: :shh:

my dad was surprised I didn't combust without internet for 5 days!!! :laugh:

but seriously, I did miss you girls :hug:

thanks RB! :hug:

beau2ifulday said:

Was this when you were studying your favouritest author in the world, Sylvia Plath?

If so, such enthusiasm!

:lol:

:hmm:

I think I removed myself from the class just after that unit. I recall being labelled sexist in that lesson by the teacher at the time. I honestly don't see how she could have taken the term "Femenazi" in anyway other than as a constructive comment.

beau2ifulday said:
catlhere, you're always full of so much enthusiasm - it's great :yes:

I just like to contribute. Hard to stand out when there's so many "regulars" I knew my mom would have no use for this name, she doesn't post. So i took it over. Plus isn't a party supposed to be fun!? :wink: Viva Interference!

timothius said:

Aborigional mythology was tediously boring and the syllabuys dictated that it had to be taught from the most bleeding heart liberal stance possible. I think at one point we were taught Hitler attacked the Aborigionals and not the Jews... :hmm:

I taught myself Year 12 English. :wink:

I too found it tediously boring, even with my amazing teacher, but at least we studied it from a fairly impartial stance. We went through it really quickly anyway as my teacher thought other stuff was more worth our time.

:yes: Bri, thank God my family is ok and everything- there was some crazy stuff I've heard that's happened. We are ok- only minor damage to the house but let me tell you that storm was the scariest thing ever. During the storm we could hear roof tiles being blown off and things crashing into the house (we couldn't see outside because we had shutters up) and even with shutters the windows were shaking and the doors were buckling :uhoh:

On the Today show this morning they were saying how south Florida is back to normal now. I wanted to rip my hair out!! are they joking?! my family up there said that there's barely any news coverage on it! Over 2 million people still don't have power!! and you can't even drive anywhere because there's NO gas and the whole city is ruined. Completey gone. No more trees, no more fences, etc. It's complete devastation when you go around down here. I'll post pictures when I get home (if we ever get power!!!)

Indeed Catlhere! Chocolate for everyone!

Seriously though, we rarely get many trick or treaters.. yet there's a mass of candy in the house. lol. It's hard to pass up cheap Halloween candy:drool:

OK, that didn't work.
So that leaves me with 1 hour and a half.
To drive home.
Go to the store.
Get online again.
And cook dinner before the show starts.
I wonder if I'm gonna make that.

quickly running out of here

Halloween candy is the best! It's small so you think 'oh, it's just so tiny, what can it hurt?' and then when it's all gone you think 'holy shit, I can't believe I ate all that chocolate!'

Good for your senses, bad for your thighs. :eeklaugh:

sami0201 said:
On the Today show this morning they were saying how south Florida is back to normal now. I wanted to rip my hair out!! are they joking?! my family up there said that there's barely any news coverage on it! Over 2 million people still don't have power!! and you can't even drive anywhere because there's NO gas and the whole city is ruined. Completey gone. No more trees, no more fences, etc. It's complete devastation when you go around down here. I'll post pictures when I get home (if we ever get power!!!)

:shocked:

I really had no idea it was that bad. That really throws me. I mean this July we had a power cut in my area from 6:30pm to 9:00 pm - and I nearly lost my mind... :reject:

timothius said:

I recall being labelled sexist in that lesson by the teacher at the time. I honestly don't see how she could have taken the term "Femenazi" in anyway other than as a constructive comment.

:lmao: and :yikes:, at the same time.

My English class are remarkably pro-femanist (that's what you get from going to a single sex school for so long, I guess).
I can only imagine the reactions my teachers would have had if i'd been inventive enough to come out with something like that. 'Femenazi' is truly ingenius though :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom