Curtain of lights - outdoors in the summer ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boozyuzi

Acrobat
Looks like an amazing show last night but how do you think that the light show and the curtain of lights will show up when the play outdoor shows in the summer here in the UK ?

The show at Glasgow is on the longest day and it won't be dark until 10.30pm.

City of blinding lights at 8.30 pm on a summers night ?

I think the stadium shows are gonna be a different get up to the arena shows. It would make sense to have different shows for very different sized venues. I think the stadium shows will be a real spectical.

As long as U2 think about that kinda thing.

I saw Neil Diamond 2 weeks ago. Its summer here and the moon was really lairy. Neil had a tremendous tonnage of lights above but most of it was unnoticable as the sky was really bright.

I think the concerts in Europe will start at 10 PM at least to be honest.
I different production is what i REALLY expect, since im a bit disapointed by the arena production.

That's why I think we'll see something totaly diferent in Europe.

- your point - the days are longer
- it's outdoors -> wind and other things might move those curtains

Maybe the "TV" from PopMart will be back, just without the arch:hmm:

No. Stadium concerts usually have to end around 11 PM. So that means they start at 9 PM at the latest (for a 2-hour concert).

I think the concerts in Europe will start at 10 PM at least to be honest.
No they wont .
Most of them will start at 8.30-9 due to planning permission laws .

beli said:
Do European concerts normally start late in summer? For other bands?

Do you remember the video for Slane?
2 sometimes 3 songs while the sky is still bright.
On all shows that I saw from various artists it looked like that...

There's no way that the Uk concerts will start at 10pm. I expect them U2 to play from 8.45 until 10.45 which gives them 15 minutes at the end to play with.

I just doubt that the curtain effect will show up well in the late summer sun.

Fano said:

No they wont .

What's that?:huh:

Last time I saw Metallica... on the same stadium U2 will play... and they started exactly at 10.00

bathiu said:

Do you remember the video for Slane?
2 sometimes 3 songs while the sky is still bright.
On all shows that I saw from various artists it looked like that...

Thats because Slane took place at the start of September when it gets dar around 8.45.
This tour they will be playing Croke Park June 24/25 and it will be bright for the whole show .
It wont be dark until after 11 in Ireland for those shows .
I often play golf until 10.45 in June.
It will be the same for the UK gigs.
It will take greatly from the show.

Have U2 changed the set for the summer stadium shows before?

Neil Diamond had hydrolic stuff, screens, all kinds of fancy lights but it was a waste. He may as well just have stood on a bare stage, the effect would have been the same. (still a good show though)

Fano said:

No they wont .

Sorry but that's not true... i remember reading an article where it says U2 will be playing after Keane at about 10 PM

And to be accurate, when U2 played Pop Mart in here the show ended at about midnight... at least.

When they did the European premiere of Popmart in Rotterdam they started at around 21:15..

Is was slightly dark at that point..

But I have also been to a Popmart gig in Cologne and they started much earlier there... The screen was useless in the first part of the show...

MOST of them .Not all but most will have started before 9.
Portugal and Spanish concerts will start later due to the culture of late shows but the rest will be all around 9pm.

um, don't the shows start at 5:30pm? At least that's what it said for Cardiff on the Ticketmaster site.

Back
Top Bottom