Crooked printing and the authenticity of tickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Y2K

Refugee
Is it common that Ticketmaster prints some of the bottom numbers on their tickets a little off (almost directly onto the ticketmaster stub part of the ticket), or do you think this is a sign that tickets are fakes?

Just wondering for ebay bidding purposes. I currently lead in these 2 auctions and time is quickly running down!

ac_1.JPG

c8_1.JPG

I've saved every ticket from any show I've ever gone to and a lot of them have that same problem. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

I have never seen ticketmaster tickets to be yellow. the ones in NY and Boston are grey/green..other than that... look at the guys feedback, if he has a lot and its good, buy them. if he has none or negative...don't...

strwar718 said:
I have never seen ticketmaster tickets to be yellow. the ones in NY and Boston are grey/green..other than that... look at the guys feedback, if he has a lot and its good, buy them. if he has none or negative...don't...

Every ticket I've seen on ebay is orange and yellow.

Different Ticketmaster regions use different colors for their tickets so I wouldn't necessarily go by that.

I have Mellon Arena tickets, too, and they are yellow and the printing is slightly off.

I'd say no worries. :)

All of my tickets were/are white, orange, and yellow. If you're really concerned about authenticity....burn 'em! That's right. In a corner that doesn't matter (ie, NOT the bar code part), light a match or a lighter and hold the ticket above it (not in it) for a second. The top should immediately turn black and the ticket should not burn (start on fire or turn brown/ash).

This is a used legit ticket of mine. It's the same color as yours. You can see where I burned it in the bottom left corner (the black slash was made by the UC people):
ticket.JPG

dont burn them

just put them near the flame or something hot. these tickets are printed on thermal paper, so the heat makes them turn black. thats how come they have a warning on TM to not put near high heat or to call them if your tickets arrive blackened. i don't know if this is the best test, since i've noticed a lot of things are printed on thermal paper: e.g. movie tickets, ups labels, etc.

also if you press your ticket up to a light it should appear blue (this is something i came across myself, don;t know if its an actual security feature) theres also some microprinting around the white box that has the ticketmaster watermark.

btw, these are for green/grey tickets.

Back
Top Bottom